Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dirk Pitt posted:

So Migrationsverket is laying off up to 146 people. This is great for a country where it takes 8 months to get a residence permit extension and 3 years to process a citizenship application.

Question: the reason seems to be a reduced budget and a shortage of work. Regarding the latter, how is there a shortage of work? Because based on oh, everyone I’ve known who has dealt with them and my experiences, it seems kind of like the opposite.

I’m going to wager a guess that it’s due to specialized positions where there genuinely isn’t work but why are we continuing to shoot out the kneecaps of an organization that is barely standing as is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

McCloud posted:

I know this isn't quite about Scandi-pol, but what the hell is this thing about people being divided into 4 colors?

https://medium.com/@Soccermatics/how-swedes-were-fooled-by-one-of-the-biggest-scientific-bluffs-of-our-time-de47c82601ad

Am I just living in a bubble and have luckily missed all this nonsense?

Holy poo poo, the Pocket Shop in Stockholm C advertised this book for what felt like a year straight. I’d pass it every day and saw that it was rave reviews and it just seemed like yet another boring pop psych book? I didn’t know that anyone was actually using it in decision making. Hell I don’t think I even saw anyone read the book.

Thankful that I work for a company based out of Australia, which has its own host of issues (I legit have 3 hours of a quiet inbox per day), but this isn’t even on my offices’ radar. Probably because the English edition isn’t publicized and I’m one of the very few that can speak Swedish. Hooray unintentional gatekeeping.

Pop psych isn’t AS big a thing in US HR in the past decade or so in my experience, but the ones that go for it go VERY hard for it. Usually most play along if it’s mandated from higher ups, and don’t take real stock in it as a serious thing, as I assume Swedes would as well. I’ve personally never experienced it within a professional setting, but then again my line of work wouldn’t have too much use for it anyhow, as it’s super workflow dependent. Hooray publication production.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Katt posted:

Americans keep telling me that VAT is regressive because it punishes working class people. But whenever the government lowers the VATs on anything, the prices go up to match. So we're still paying the same but less taxes come in and the revenue lost probably goes out of our paychecks instead. Or the lowering of funding on services we depend on.

American here, Americans have little idea as to how VAT works, even though it’s fairly simple to get if you know how taxes work. It’s not so much the concept but the gritty details of it that’s a bit confusing.

Source: the quote “no tax is IN the price, it isn’t more expensive. No that’s not how that works either.” etched on my grave

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rutkowski posted:

NMR have chosen Uppsala for their yearly idiot parade on the first of May. It's my home turf so gonna abuse that advantage as much as I can.

If people want to bash some fash I got couches and air matresses a quick train trip outside the city. Cats and kids in the house, FYI.

I might, actually. If I don’t see you between now and the last week of April, shoot me a PM.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dirk Pitt posted:

You fuckers are stuck with me. I got permanent residence today. Next year I'll be eligible to start voting.

welcome to the perma club!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Somebody called in a bomb threat to the ad company that made the SAS commercial claiming meatballs weren't Scandinavian in origin.

Link? This is primo for the Fragility thread.

Edit: found it and jfc

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/sas-raderade-reklamfilm-efter-kritikstorm

teen witch fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Feb 13, 2020

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Racist nativists: "The left is made up precious snowflakes and all Muslims are terrorists."

Also racist nativists: "MEATBALLHU AKBORK"

My fat immigrant fingers are unable to do the needful (needfil, another horrific concoction I’m physically unable to stomach)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Nice piece of fish posted:

Huge fans of renewable energy

You bastard

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Randarkman posted:

Hotter take. The Russian troll farms that some have blamed (I think butthurt Scandinavians were more than enough on their own for this and this description is not necessary for why people were acting like racist babies) for spreading outrage about the video are actually in cahoots with SAS and working towards this end.

More seriously, have there been any people who have stated that from now on they will fly with SAS to stick it to the nazis?

A lot of the English language articles I’ve read mention that it seems to be manufactured outrage, and fragile bigots of all stripes take to that like oil to fire. Weird how “facts, not feelings” suddenly doesn’t apply to literal facts that offended certain types of feelings!

while I’m one of the worst things Sweden has imported as of late, I’m sticking with “whatever is cheapest and not routing me through Ukraine or Russia” for my carrier of choice. Probs not Norwegian as they’re apparently loving around with the ARN-JFK route as of late.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Cardiac posted:

Well, you are a goon/goonette so that is true.

Goonska, tack

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Fader Movitz posted:

är det en En eller Ett goon? heter det Kex eller Kjex, giflar eller jiflar?

goon
goonan
goonar
goonarna

att goonanera - to goon out

E: kex som kex, ja som ja och inte *whuuuup*

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Lagerhaus has some amazing reusable bags for like 25kr and yes, I’m going to ICA Maxi and I’m making it fashion.

Also if any of y’all are makeup slatherers, Kicks has a pilot program for reducing cosmetic and beauty waste through (apparently) partnering up with certain kommuns to help in sorting out waste for recycling as cosmetic labels aren’t great at indicating such things!

I’m bringing in my waste for last year soon and spoiler alert: it’s a ton of plastic for little actual product! It’s also cut down my spending on makeup (though my tattoo and “vice” spending is now gleefully chomping away at those savings).

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

"Let's ignore personal consumption because industry is worse" is also counterproductive.

Exactly. We can walk and chew bubblegum here, except by chew bubblegum I mean “heavily scrutinize industry and and the monumental wastes of capitalism”

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

evil_bunnY posted:

This was literally obvious the minute someone explained it to me. How the gently caress are lower middle class going to afford paying someone in the first place, even without the taxes? It and the mortgage interest deduction need to gently caress off forever.

Yeah I just googled it now and my immediate response was “no poo poo this is dumb as hell”

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The real issue with the grenade statistic is not that Sweden has too many grenades, it’s that too many countries have too little grenades. Take the ring, rest of the world.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rincewinds posted:

Is it one thing Plauge Inc have taught me, is that you need to make drat sure to infect islands before they shut down airports and seaports.

Weird that we haven’t spoken about Madagascar’s response to all this

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

lilljonas posted:

I, for one, am appreciating finally seeing an increase in the Swedish Krona.

Oh no, you said Corona? gently caress.

E: I commute by train so I'll definitely be in the initial plague cart piles. People just sneezing and coughing non stop for two hours per day.

If it’s anything based on SJ you’ll be an hour late to your own imminent sneezy death with some rear end in a top hat playing music from a speaker on it.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mercrom posted:

dont worry. government experts say it has likely peaked. epidemics can only happen to swarthy people and dumb americans

Well I’m double hosed.

Time to finally infect the svennar :kheldragar:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Could you wait until after this weekend? I need to smuggle some stuff in preperation for corona lockdown.

It’s too late, I am 2brown2immigrant

Åkesson should have handed out fliers warning others of me. Go ahead, close the borders from the outside, that means y’all are stuck in here with me.

Ḏ̨̢̲̟͖̖̆̃̿̋̀̅̚u̷̗̹͍̲̹̟͖͑͛͗̔̿͋͒͟͠͞͞ ą̶̧͙̠̮̻͓̮̈̃̈́̒̅͐̀̓̒͢͟r̡͔̝̝̫̼̰̩̼̐̈́̑̽̕͡ͅ f̵̨̠͕̗͙̭̋͋̅͗̓̽͛͜͜͢͝͠ͅö͎̼̲͉̩̤̓̂̆͊̒͒̓̓̈͢͞r̶̭͙̤̭̜̳̾̊͋̍̈́ s̴̡̙̙͕̗̟̐̿͊̏̿̊͐͑͢͠e̡̡͉̦̗͚̘̒̊̎͑͐͘͜͞n̶̛̖̙̪̞̳̔͛̊̕t̴̨̢̛͖̼͓̰̣̉̌̿̚͘͡,̶̱̯͓̝͓̝̈̽̎̀͂͐̒̈́͒͡ J̡̞̦̯̬̪̝̖̅̽͐͊͜͝i͚̦͓̫̫̺͓͋̊̄͊̾̍͟͡m̖̫̭̩͓̝̯͗͗́̀͛̂͘m̥̱̟̖͎̠̋̊̋̍͘y̤̠̭̠̿̀͋̄̌̀͐̍̕͘ͅ

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
One of my hugest gripes here is public transit (Eskilstuna - Stockholm M-F for nearly three years now). When it works, it’s splendid, but if the slightest thing goes wrong (löv på spåret), it’s a loving catastrophe. It’s better than most places in the US but that isn’t exactly a large hurdle to clear.

3000kr monthly to be late to work minimum once a week loving sucks, and while I nickel and dime SJ for compensation every time (I’ve made at least 2000kr back in a year alone from it), it’s like....maybe fix these reoccurring issues instead??????????????

Also gently caress while I’m happy that we have the new fancy Mälartåg, the seats are incredibly uncomfortable, don’t recline and the trains have a brain searing MEEP MEEP MEEP THE DOORS ARE CLOSING, PERISH MORTALS chime. Also every express train is PACKED and with people who are incapable of moving their loving luggage to the side or on the racks so GOD FORBID anyone sits near you. But at least it doesn’t smell like puddles, though I noticed that the windows don’t open and summer is going to suck.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dirk Pitt posted:

I’m sure loving not being able to buy garlic at my local coop because the idiots on Lidingö think it will save them from the virus.

Well in that their breath will enforce a solid 5M radius around them due to their breath, uh, maybe?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Katt posted:

The big underground travel hub thing where all the trains and subways go.

T-Centralen/Centralen/Stockholm C/Stockholm City/“several city blocks, all smelling of puddles”

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m WFH’ing out of I’m having the worst goddamn period on earth (hooray IUDs), I’m allowed 1-2 days a month. It’s great but I’m also slightly worried that I may be doing this way, way more.

Is it worth stocking up on goods? Roomie doesn’t think so but seeing family and friends in the US doing so is giving me pause.

Alternatively, if anyone want to create a goon quarantine in Eskilstuna, I’m your witch. Cat friendly.
E: four joycons but one has the drift and NO ONE CAN HAVE THE PRO CONTROLLER, BUT ME.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Norwegians stock up on swedish goods all the time, you should totally do that. It's super cheap. I recommend falukorv (at least 5 kilos) and those sausages that come in a freaking can and plenty of Absolut. For your hands.

It’s not cheaper here since uh, it’s Sweden here. Also I don’t like Falukorv or the Dennis the Menace weiners.

Instead I’ll continue to build my Trocadeo zero and Kex Choklad fortress. 20 yrs dungeon for anyone who says SHEX.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Gedt posted:

Yes hello, roomie here. I will?

Hello roomie, we can do on Sunday and go to ICA Maxi, pay requisite cat taxes as we’ve upset this thread

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Train to work was barren, colleagues trains were sparse. I work on Drottningg. so I’m in the epicenter of tourist hell - let’s see how it’ll look today.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Zzulu posted:

They're not barren when I take them and I live in the mid of Stockholm as well

Emptier than it was normally, I take SJ, not T-Bana

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I am surrounded by a thousand MacBooks to prep for what is likely a WFH situation.

My welder boyfriend does not find my complaints about this amusing

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
What is the Swedish equivalent of “boomer” and how do I make it a rhyme with a disease or “remover” of some sort?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Heads up, SJ is planning on cancelling trips starting today. Some trips will go, but I don’t think they’re updating as fast as they should be because, well, this is SJ.

time to call work and see how this’ll go over. Just do work from home entirely not this every other day poo poo oh my god.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

evil_bunnY posted:

There's also loads of local neighborhood help networks starting to show up to bring supplies to vulnerable groups.

Hi plz link!!!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Once had a patch leave Germany, make it to Malmö, then sent back to Germany with the message “unable to deliver” or some sort. Took four weeks to notify me of this as well.

I live in Eskilstuna so no poo poo, you barely made it out of the border.

I work for a periodical and PostNord obliterating magazines or somehow having other region’s editions in some sort of holding pattern around Stockholm is the norm. SEA will deliver into the office, ANZ and NA inevitably gets sent to Åhléns City to pick up and god HELP ME if it isn’t exactly in my name but the company name which is another loving hike to another ombud. Did I mention that these are often 10+ magazines in a box that should have been delivered to the office and inevitably be somewhere in Norrmalm? That poo poo is HEAVY.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Got into work from a minor cold and a WFH, sneezed, immediately got sent home for two more days WFH.

come join me in barren rear end Stockholm C for the next ten minutes before another hour long train back to Tuna Town.

E: just saw someone in furs and a full goddamn beat on wearing gloves and a mask on order a shot in Starbucks. Girl if you put that face on like that you’ve already got a ton of loving germs, makeup brushes are a gross haven for all sorts.

SafetyTrain posted:

I work for PostNord in sthlm. The company is a loving mess. Everything we hear from above is about savings and cost-cutting, reducing the number of employees and how there's not enough money in the budget for anything relating to personnel. Most drivers at my office take care of packages and broken poo poo is rarer than you think. However, the people at the big sorting terminals do not give two fucks about any parcel and will frequently stack 30kg of cat sand on top of glassware.

That said, some drivers don't give a poo poo either and get zero repercussions from the people in charge. On top of this is the fact that our loading areas has almost a meters drop between the bay and the car, meaning that either we gently caress up our knees, gently caress up the packages or take too long sorting our cars. Also the pays loving poo poo which does not help in bulding brand loyalty.

Lastly I will say that some senders really skimp out on durable packaging. I've seen huge boxes with loose things rattling around inside and cardboard that gives way at the slightest touch.

This is illuminating and depressing as all get out. Are the higher ups like blissfully unaware of PostNord’s infamy among everyone and worker morale?

Like this paints a real clear picture of rot from the top and this isn’t some private retailer it’s the loving postal service, a basic civic function.

Also good thing to know about packaging, seems kind of obvious in hindsight

teen witch fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Mar 18, 2020

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Working from home and spring cleaned my room. Hooray what feels like legit productivity for once.

Over/under there will be a work from home wave post-virus?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The British, known for their recent displays of competent leadership, a safe and sound model to follow.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

Boris Johnson looks like a “Little Britain” character.

Every time I remember that they oppressed and lorded over a solid percentage of the world at one point, I look to BoJo and wonder “...how?”

Like as an American citizen, I can’t cast stones, but I mean.

Cmon.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Will it be worth watching, or will it just rev up the ol anxiety right before bed?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
why did I watch that glorified pep talk.

I don’t know what it’s a sign of, something stupid or something terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Cardiac posted:

You are saying that blowing up the bridges in Stockholm and blocking the tunnels would do wonders to contain Covid19?

Unless if you have a job for me that pays like the one I have now? Or do you have an idea on how to also decimate the non-08 kommuner that have the same loving nightmare situation going on? Or idk something of substance that addresses the wet fart response that may feel that the government is taking to all of this?

What’s that, you don’t?? Just thoughts and prayers words like Löfven?