Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

She for real claims that S and MP have moved to the left. Her brain is mush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

There are areas with great coverage among immigrants. In those places the most influential component has been having VC staff who can speak the patients' languages.

I'm sure there are a billion confounding factors, but I'm willing to bet that information/informing is way more important than any supposed cultural baggage.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

LO isn't on that list and I'm only counting two unions otherwise. Nice one, S.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jun 19, 2021

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Omg, Annie Lööfs condescending bullshit makes me so goddamn angry.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

But we (four parties of which two might end up below riksdagsspärren) had a deal! :qq:

loving hilarious to hear Lööf go on about their love for the Swedish model. It's a torturer's love for their favourite victim.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Yeah, that reporter's behaviour seemed inappropriate — especially in light of the lowball questions that L & L got.

Anyone know who the journo is?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

It boggles my mind that anyone could think she's a good and charismatic speaker. :psyduck:

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

They did temporarily ease the requirements for a-kassa membership fulfilment, which was nice. Maybe it was a decision made mostly for economical rather than ideological reasons, but regardless it's the first time since the conservatives hosed up the system that a-kassorna have seen new members across the board.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Not sure what you mean by punishment deduction?

There are two types of compensation from a-kassan: grundersättning and inkomstbaserad ersättning.

When you apply for compensation from a-kassan they look at your work history in the previous 12 months (ramtid) to see if you've fulfilled an arbetsvillkor. The primary arbetsvillkor requires that within your ramtid you have at least 6 months with 60 hours of work each.

Both grundersättning and inkomstbaserad ersättning require an arbetsvillkor.

Inkomstbaserad ersättning bases the compensation on what you've earned during the ramtid and is usually much higher than the grundersättning. But it has a second requirement, that you've been a member of an a-kassa for at least a year.

The temporary covid-19 laws made any membership month between March - December 2020 count as 4 months, which made it possible to fulfil the membership requirement for inkomstbaserad ersättning in just 3 months.

They also raised the various levels of compensation for grundersättning and inkomstbaserad ersättning. In addition, the amount of hours required for an arbetsvillkor used to be higher.

Edit: lol sorry for :words: about a-kassan

anatomi fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jun 22, 2021

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Ahh, gotcha. I work at an a-kassa and our sincere hope is that karensen goes away forever when the new arbetslöshetsförsäkringslag comes in maybe 2 years. There's a lot of unnecessary poo poo that should be pruned.

Edit: just to clarify though, the 6 karensdagarna isn't the same thing as the 45 avstängningsdagar you might incur if you've quit your job without a valid reason. Karensen isn't supposed to be punitive.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 22, 2021

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Maybe they're hoping that part of their lost base will return now that they're trying this cool new thing, sticking to principles.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Agreed.

Also laughed at Löfven's narrative that V has aligned itself with the right-wing block. Classy guy. Working real hard to burn any remaining bridges with V.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Ehrenberg should definitely be shamed for his gaming of various systems, but how is he connected to Bulletin?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

And no-one is punished or even taken to task for it.

I hadn't heard that quote from Beatrice Ask before, about it not being illegal to "make a bad deal". It's a perfect example of the open contempt these politicians have for the people they're bloodletting.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Gotta coddle the Nazis and fascists or they'll cry (harder) that public service is a bunch of left-wing fanatics out to get them.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

loving finally. It was insane that they were acquitted on all charges in Tingsrätten.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I don't know about the rest of Scandinavia. But Sweden has an unusually repressive drug policy based on moralism and politicians scoring easy points since the 60's by "going hard" on drug use instead of investing in preventions and treatments.

Addicts, much like poor people, have chosen their lifestyle and misery. So why should we help them?

End result is one of the highest (if not the highest?) overdose death rates in Europe.

I mean, merely the act of picking any of the naturally occurring psychedelic mushrooms in this country is a criminal act.

I did read somewhere that more needle exchange programs have started popping up again, so maybe things are changing.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 13, 2021

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Recovery culture humanises the addict — and that's not compatible with the kind of drug policy that we've been mainlining the last 60-ish years.

It still exists, although the available treatments/programs vary a lot from county to county.

But like you said ... It's awfully quiet at the discourse level. Addiction is a character flaw and shameful. So we don't talk about it except in terms of punishment.

It reminds me a lot of how we deal with mental issues — unless it's something "neat" and Svensson like mild depression or ADHD we don't really talk about it. We hardly even treat it.

Edit: sorry for being so gloomy. I grew up in an addict home and around addict friends, and have had jobs involving addicts and people with mental health issues. I despise the trend in politics about "tuffare tag" against this and that since I know that it's just going to cause more suffering.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Oct 13, 2021

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

BonHair posted:

Okay, this is me being super square, but are we talking about regular food truffles or something else here? Can I get literally high from eating rich people food?

No, they contain small amounts of psilocybin, one of the main psychoactive substances found in many psychedelic mushrooms.

Potent species grow naturally in Sweden but the moment you pick them they magically transform from mushrooms into drugs. lol

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

How the gently caress were they able to get a loan to invest in bitcoins. lol

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Cardiac posted:

Well as long as they increase the minimum and not the maximum penalty, which is the general issue. There is a rather large public opinion for it and the seven times rapist with a prison sentence of only 5 years is rather hard to feel good about.
Yeah, I'm sure Moderaterna's main goal here is about prevention and not just playing to the racist fuckers in this country.

Of course they're gonna increase the maximum penalties. It's never about preventing crime, it's about punishing it.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

fnox posted:

Not ticket controls, passport checks. They’re done on the first train station in Malmö after crossing the Öresund.

Malmö has to be the complete opposite of this. Maybe 1/4th wearing masks in the biggest malls, otherwise it’s extremely rare to see people wear masks in public transit.

To be fair Malmö also had real rear end protests about the mere suggestion of a vaccination pass so I think it might be something in the water here.
Malmö is crazy. I take the train to Lund for work and maybe 1/10 of the passangers wear masks — and the carts are more crowded than usual because of the traditional Christmas cancellations.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I'm 36 and I'm planning to get my driver's license this year. I've lived my entire adult life in Malmö but I grew up in the country — and I know I'll end up there again.

I don't have anyone to practice with, and repeatedly starting and stopping lessons accomplishes nothing except erase my savings. It's just too expensive if you're a slow learner and/or can only take lessons intermittently.

So I'm gonna spend my vacation in the northern weeds somewhere, attempting to get my license the irresponsible way via an intensive course.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Cardiac posted:

Novelty is probably not the best description.
One tends to forget that the rest of Sweden is full of cliffs and forests. I was up in Umeå a month ago, and why there are not more horror movies from northern Sweden is a mystery to me.
The Ritual takes place along Kungsleden!*

*It was shot in Romania.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

What the gently caress is with all infants getting covid?

Edit: or wait, is that a graph of hospitalised people in general, not just covid?

People, source your graphs for gently caress's sake.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 24, 2022

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Well, there's poo poo like RSV. I've no idea when it peaked but it might have contributed to the huge spike among toddlers.

Unless of course the graph specifically shows covid-related hospitalisations in which case this is all moot conjecture.

Point is, source your graphs and stats.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 24, 2022

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

At least we'll all be the Happiest People on Earth™.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

SplitSoul posted:

SSI regional dashboard. It's COVID. Obviously. Curious how it isn't a news story literally anywhere.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/aa41b29149f24e20a4007a0c4e13db1d/page/Regionalt/

Here, let me make it easier:

There's nothing obvious about a graph posted without complementary information or a link to the source. I'm not attacking you. It's just that even aside from all the disinformation going around there's no reason to not post the source (and thanks).

So RSV isn't a contributing factor — except maybe if there are co-infection dynamics at play. I don't think this was a problem last winter but the new variants are interesting.

In any case I agree that the rise is noteworthy. Maybe it's time to reconsider the narrative that a healthy child will never get severe symptoms (lol who am I kidding).

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

SplitSoul posted:

It's obvious that there isn't some other mysterious reason for children being hospitalised, it's pretty unlikely to be anything but the highly infectious pathogen that's been allowed to run rampant in society.
What you think is likely or not doesn't change that the hospitalisation rate shown in that graph dramatically bucks the trend for this particular age group. I think that's reason enough to discuss whether there's something else/additional going on.

I'm not a virologist. I don't know what's more likely: that the spike is due to one of the new variants being unexpectedly nasty towards an age group that previously hasn't been at risk or due to something else, like a change in hospitalisation routine for toddlers or co-infection dynamics. Covid isn't the only pathogen in circulation that might surge as restrictions are loosened.

I don't think that's very mysterious — but I'm stupid and thankfully not in charge of the Danish equivalent of Folkhälsomyndigheten or anything else of importance.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 25, 2022

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Thanks! If the doomers have chilled out I'll for sure check it out.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Probably not enough privatisation.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

We've transitioned from Skype For Business (lol) to Teams and I don't mind it too much. However, we've disabled the majority of its fancy sharing and collaboration features because MS and its cloud don't play nice with GDPR so (lol again).

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Rust Martialis posted:

Is there any approved vaccine for 0-5?

I don't think so, at least not in Sweden. There's a specific vaccine, Comirnaty, for 5-11 year-olds who are particularly at risk. Otherwise the general recommendations are that 0-11 year-olds shouldn't/won't get vaccinated. The reasons for this (according to FHM) are that children 1) don't get infected at a high enough rate and 2) don't suffer enough complications.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I'm in line for my third shot and I'm the only sucker who brought a mask.

Edit: at least at this vårdcentral they give Comirnaty (Pfizer) to everyone younger than 30.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Feb 6, 2022

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Well, yeah. Considering the amount of wood (including illegally harvested) that IKEA sources from Russia. Yuck.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Doesn't matter if "both" sides are equal partners or not in some blue-checkmarked propaganda war because the fact is that Russia has invaded Ukraine, not the other way around, and that's like super-duper undeniable.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

What are these cabin fields? Are people building summer villages in the wilderness?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Ofaloaf posted:

I see a bunch of parties have tents out in Stockholm for voter outreach today. If I want to bellyache about lackluster library hours and want to see libraries get more funding, which party will likely be most sympathetic?
Maybe these will help:
https://www.biblioteksbladet.se/nyheter/politik/fem-fragor-om-bibliotek-det-har-vill-riksdagspartierna/
https://www.biblioteksbladet.se/nyheter/politik/alla-partier-motionerar-om-biblioteken/
I think V seems like a good option in your case.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

It's strange to me that you'd reduce the core themes in her political work, equality and feminism, to populistic trend-surfing. She was a feminist before it became PC. Unless you meant that she was/is good at picking up and utilizing trends within those areas which is fair.

Edit: also, to be clear, her alcoholism didn't end any party involvement. She checked herself into rehab and during this time she took a break from politics.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Aug 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

They're so ridiculous.