Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Cardiac posted:

Vinegar and soap is a better solution.

use a glass and something flat to catch and release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

does any party want to ban crypto mining?

lilljonas posted:

That's not the issue. He was "sold" to the media by SD as a big time Uppsala historian, which was very, very far from what he actually is. I'm not saying that you can't write history without being a tenured professor, I'm saying that someone who basically did his PhD and never published anything after that and was employed at Uppsala for like a week should not be labelled a historian from Uppsala university.

didnt someone from the thread know him from their time at university?

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

BigglesSWE posted:

I rather liked Örebro when I was studying there a few years back, dunno if whatever issues they have at hand can be handwaved away with “A BILLION DOLLARS!”

it will cost a lot more than that to fix the main issue (too flat)

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

luminalflux posted:

Medhåll. Kebabsåsen utanför Trollhättan/Vänersborg är fan det sämsta. Nej jag vill inte blanda vitlök och tomatsås vad är det för fel på er.

this is why building snabbtåg connecting every part of sweden to jönköping is of vital importance

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

röstade vänstern på alla, personkryssade baserat på vem som hade kattigast namn

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

thotsky posted:

I vote for defenestration.

this is going to far, maybe we could do something fun instead to lighten the mood

like a maskeradbal

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

V. Illych L. posted:

new thread ik has a strong anti-dog policy, will murder any dogs encountered, confirmed pro-cat

this is stealth islamisation

seems more like stealth c-spamification to me

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

His Divine Shadow posted:

Looks like Ulf managed to get a government coalition after all

https://svenska.yle.fi/a/7-10021767

Ulf has a 'evil nazi officer' look to him when he smiles

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

that mine in norra kärr is probably gonna get built now :smith:

its just overlooking one of the biggest and cleanest lakes in europe, what could go wrong

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

repealing the expansions to the security state would probably hot happen either

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

teen witch posted:

sverigefolkmaktparti???

parti? are we in france? :argh:

sverigefolkmaktsfördelningen

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Groda posted:

Getting gas from Azerbeidzjan via the TANAP and TAP, which bypass Russia, and restructuring the EU gas market for more LNG from the world market are absolutely positive developments, and the best we can do in a world with Germans.

our increased use of lng is hurting poorer nations reliant on it
we are more or less exporting our energy crisis to countries like pakistan and bangladesh

and replacing russia with azerbajdzjan is... not exactly an improvement on the whole 'dictatorship attacking a democracy' front

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Rust Martialis posted:

So Azerbaijan expects a 40% increase in gas sales to the EU in 2022.

https://www.rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/commentary/europe-turns-azerbaijan-gas-how-big-could-be

How much is that, I wonder?

In 2021, Azerbaijan was 2% of EU gas. So this will mean they go up to.... 2.8%.

https://interfax.com/newsroom/top-stories/83282/#:~:text=Supplies%20of%20gas%20from%20Azerbaijan,by%20the%20Azerbaijani%20Energy%20Ministry.

Meanwhile Russia was 45% of EU imports in 2021 and crashed in 2022.

Azerbaijan's 0.8% share increase isn't replacing Russia's 45% share.

Could you all do some *homework* before making these sort of arguments?

not what i meant but i did phrase it poorly, buying more from azerbajdzjan is done with the intention of reducing buys from russia

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/uppgifter-person-med-pkk-koppling-utvisad-till-turkiet

:sweden:

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/energi-och-naringsminister-ebba-busch-kd-haller-presstraff-om-elstod-till-foretag
the farse continues

also it was officially confirmed the estonia secretly transported military equipment is civilian vehicles
well, ”teknisk utrustning med därtill kopplad dokumentation"

probably in lastbilar or whatever but im choosing to believe they transported a nuke in of these

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Feliday Melody posted:

What's so bad about it?

I can barely read it, so I can't really make out the nuances.

i dont know danish either but its not too hard to get the main points
comparing africans to lemmings, climate change is nature trying to cull them for having too many children, instead of charity events for africa we should be sending birth control

there is also this at the end

quote:

Og Afrika har simpelthen været et problem, lige siden kolonisamfundene ophørte, siger hun.
:ohno:

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

https://www.etc.se/utrikes/billstroem-i-turkisk-media-sverige-kommer-kriminalisera-terrorflaggor

quote:

Det är Turkiets statliga nyhetsbyrå Anadolu Agency som rapporterar om Sveriges grundlagsändring, som trädde i kraft vid årsskiftet. Man citerar Justitiedepartementet bland annat i att det blir utökade möjligheter att begränsa föreningsfriheten när det gäller terrorism. Det blir möjligt för lagstiftare att införa en bredare kriminalisering av deltagande i en terroristorganisation, och även förbjuda själva organisationen. I slutet hänvisar man dock till en intervju som man gjort med utrikesminister Tobias Billström (M) på plats i Ankara den 23 december. Om att Sverige ska få en ny brottsrubricering.

Nyhetsbyrå Anadolu Agency uppger att Billström säger att man ska presentera ett nytt lagförslag för riksdagen den 7 mars, för att skapa ett ”nytt brott” i brottsbalken.

Att göra reklam och propagera för terroristorganisationer på svensk mark, ska bli kriminellt. Detta inkluderar att använda flaggor kopplade till organisationerna. Det ska bli förbjudet att ”vifta med” dessa flaggor. Den här lagen är tänkt att införas den 1 juni 2023, enligt nyhetsbyrån, som säger sig citera utrikesminister Tobias Billström.

”Deltagandet det kriminella”
I en intervju med svenska nyhetsbyrån TT den 2 januari pratar justitieminister Gunnar Strömmer (M) om ett kommande lagförslag som regeringen ska lägga fram. Det gäller kriminalisering av deltagande i terrororganisationer.

TT frågar rakt på sak om det ”blir förbjudet att vifta med PKK-flaggor”, den kurdiska organisationen som terrorklassats av EU och som Turkiet ser som sin främsta fiende.

Gunnar Strömmer svarar att ”det är deltagandet som är det kriminella”. Men en flagga kan spela roll som bevis. Dock kan det även finnas de som viftar med flaggan utan en koppling:

– Det är en viktig distinktion, säger Strömmer till TT.

”Kommer återkomma”
Tobias Billströms pressperson svarar på Dagens ETC:s frågor via mejl:

”Det stämmer att riksdagen ska rösta om en ny lag som kriminaliserar deltagande i terrororganisationer den 7 mars. Den nya lagen förbjuder inte viftande med flaggor, men när lagen ska tillämpas kommer det att krävas olika bevis för att styrka deltagandet i en terrororganisation och där kan en flagga komma att spela roll. Mer exakt vad den nya lagen innebär kommer justitiedepartementet att återkomma till längre fram.”

När utrikesministern får en direkt följdfråga om huruvida han är felciterad i turkisk press, där det låter som att allting är klart inklusive datumet då lagen ska börja gälla, svarar utrikesministerns pressperson vagt:

”Det justitieministern säger (till TT) är korrekt, alla detaljer kring den kommande lagen kommer att klargöras i samband med att lagrådsremissen lämnas över till lagrådet. Exakt när det blir kan justitiedepartementets pressekreterare svara på.”

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

turkish student was denied internship at swedish univeristy with the reason given by a professor being "Vi skulle gärna ta emot dig. Dock, då Turkiet inte tillåter att Sverige gå med i NATO så måste jag avböja. Sorry!"

Rust Martialis posted:

Utter nonsense. We ('the West') should indeed provide the support the Palestinians have asked for. They have asked for political recognition and support, and we should indeed do so, but the active military support Ukraine is asking for is not what the PA is asking for.

what they are asking for right now is tempered by what they can reasonably expect to get, im sure they would like to get bunch of man portable anti tank and anti air systems but since they have no chance of getting them and it would only get israel very mad at them they dont ask for it

Megamissen fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 15, 2023

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/blekinge/statsministerns-sekreterare-domd-for-tjuvfiske-av-blekingeal

government offical convicted for eel-crimes

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Threadkiller Dog posted:

I dont know exactly how or even why but I would really like it to be true that PostNord did it.

the bomb meant for the fourth pipeline was lost on the way

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Somaen posted:

This doesn't pass a simple risk assessment smell test. US risks: global reputational and relationship damage with allies, Russia flips its poo poo and starts threatening nuclear war or retaliating by damaging critical infrastructure. Reward: status quo, Germany potentially doesn't buy gas in case it wants to? Same can be achieved with sanctioning nord stream with less risk and more negotiation room. (Germany can still keep buying russian gas because stupid americans failed to blow up nord stream 2)
Russian risks: reputational damage minimal because who gives a poo poo, potential rewards: gas crisis in Germany forcing them to buy gas over nord stream 2 or all the other pipelines, potential to blame US/Norway/Algeria

And yes, the officials conducting the investigation need precise and hard evidence before making accusations compared to an internet rando that can evaluate the geopolitical logic and make educated guesses

ns2 had one of its two lines bombed aswell, and we dont know if one was left intact intentionally or if the culprits meant to destroy it too but something went wrong

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

5 hägg
4 alm
3 tall
2 ask
1 sälg

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

has there been any good investigative pieces about whats going on over at fhm?

Jack Trades posted:

I think we should import some Nuria's into Scandinavia.

Yes I know that they're outlawed and hunted to extinction in all of EU for being a potentially invasive species that will eat all of our trees, or whatever, but come on

They're so cute. Just let them.

my list of favorite trees was not a joke you monster

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Beeswax posted:

tall #1. bästa skogen är en tallskog.

tallskog is the best kind of skog but i like ask (they have a very beautiful, almost tropical appearence during the summer) and sälg (just love their bark, both look and feel) more as individual trees

worst kind of skog is klibbalkärr

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

fössta tossdan i mass :yotj:

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Wow, I for some reason remember pork being way higher. I trust that site more than my own vague memories of taking environmental science a decade ago; will adjust accordingly going forward.

though i think the pigs in that picture have a higher carbon footprint than their equivalent mass in beef, regardless

could be that pork scores worse if you consider other kinds of pollution or something

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Thats true of literally anything. Factor in deforestation and stuff like that in soybeans and it's not really green at all. Pork does not produce copious amounts of methane though, which lowers the Co2 equivalent quite alot.

i was thinking more in terms of local enviromental damage

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Potrzebie posted:

It's very bad at measuring post covid and all other things not excess mortality. It's very good at measuring what it does. My post was a follow up to the idea in 2020 that Sweden had the worst covid policy and Tegnell was causing so much excess death that lockdown could have saved, just look at all the rest of Europe!

What measurement do you suggest that is better at capturing what it is you feel excess mortality lacks?

comparing it over time, consider what splitsoul said

SplitSoul posted:

We're currently at 8,284 dead "from/with COVID" officially, the vast majority of them after we went Full Tegnell last year.

if this is also true of other european countries then the doing a victory lap over not trying at all instead of trying but failing is kinda dumb

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Potrzebie posted:

Dude... Read the last page. The SCB data was commissioned by SvD.

And please do stop misrepresenting my position. I was quoting myself from 2020 when it was all about excess mortality. And now the data shows that Sweden was least-bad in Europe in that regard.

again, how did excess mortality change over time
if the other european countries had major spikes and passed sweden after they opened up then it shows that probably had more to do with other factors

the conclusion should be 'opening up/keeping open during a pademic kills a ton of people' and 'we need better ways to combat a pandemic instead of just relying on vaccines to solve it'
...or so i would like to say but i dont think our ruling class has the will or even imagination to do what would be required, and america is even worse

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Potrzebie posted:

:psyduck:

Sorry, but I can not make sense of this formatting.

im very bad at converting my thoughts into sentences so ill try again

what i have an issue with is using total excess deaths in [european] countries to evaluate the initial policies those countries
the reason this is bad is that every country at some point adopted the swedish policy
lets say a country that initally did lock downs had a much lower amount of excess deaths than sweden, but had a major spike in deaths after adopting the swedish policy and ended up having more in the end
this would tell you that sweden having fewer total excess deaths probably did not have a lot to do with the inital swedish policy response and more to do with other factors (general quality of health care, living situation of old people, etc)
just looking at total excess deaths you have no way of knowing if something like this happened

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

TheFluff posted:

So what should the policy response have been? Chinese style total lockdowns until there's rioting in the streets? It took well over a year until vaccine coverage started to get decent. Strict quarantines like in countries that are either islands or effectively islands (thinking of South Korea here) was never a realistic option in the EU, but it seems to have been one of very few actually effective policies. Still, even in those countries the disease is still spreading and taking a toll.

the ideal would have been a global zero covid policy, with strict initial international (and intranational) travel restrictions that can be repealed over time as more and more countries became covid free
aggressive action like that would hopefully also stop new worse variants from appearing
completely unrealistic ofcourse, but i dont see a good way to fight such an infectious disease in a globalized world without a global action plan

with covid it turned out there was no good (realistic) response

but the big issue is if we assume all new pandemics will also be like this
if the next pandemic less infectious, or we get a vaccine or similar that reduces the spread by a lot, maybe the lighter lockdowns used in europe would have been enough
if the lesson we take from this is that we should not even try instead of using the experience to be better prepared to lock down and at least try to have some kind of international reponse ready, that would be very bad

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Potrzebie posted:

China did this. I hope it is never tried again anywhere.

the key is the 'global' part
zero covid worked, they managed to stop both the inital outbreak aswell as subsequent ones coming in from outside
but since it was limited to china it eventually failed, with more infectious variants being created and constantly probing their defences

if china had existed in a vacuum then covid would have ended early 2020

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/lagradets-kritik-ignoreras-allt-oftare-forskaren-mojliggor-for-regering-som-inte-vill-demokratin-val

quote:

Om utvecklingen med politiker som allt oftare ignorerar Lagrådets kritik fortsätter riskerar Sveriges demokrati att hamna på djupt vatten. Det menar Patrik Bremdal, docent i konstitutionell rätt.

– Det möjliggör för en regering som inte vill demokratin eller rättsstaten väl.

De uppmärksammade fallen där regeringar i Sverige gått emot Lagrådets kritik inför en ny lagstiftning börjar bli allt fler. Bland exemplen finns undantaget för företaget Cementa att bryta kalk på Gotland, den så kallade gymnasielagen som gav vissa ensamkommande flyktingar tillfälligt uppehållstillstånd och nu senast lagen som gör deltagande i terrororganisationer straffbart.

– I de fall man pekat på allvarlig kritik så är det nästan hälften av fallen på senare tid där man inte följt Lagrådets kritik, säger Patrik Bremdal, docent i konstitutionell rätt vid Uppsala universitet, och fortsätter:

– Risken blir att vi kan få lagstiftning som strider mot vår grundlag, eller mot mänskliga rättigheter. Eller att vi får lagstiftning som lämnar över makten till domstolarna att fylla ut.

Framför allt är han kritisk till det som politiker gärna kallar för ”snabbspår” som han menar används för lättvindigt.

”Ungern är det klassiska exemplet”
– Om vi tillåter det här i normala fall, även om det inte är en kris som till exempel pandemin. Då finns risken att en senare regering kan nyttja det här spåret och definiera vad allmänintresse är på egen hand.

– Får vi då en illiberal regering som också har majoritet i riksdagen kan den snabbt köra igenom en massa lagstiftning som kanske inte är i linje med det vi kallar för en rättsstat eller en demokrati. Och det finns ju sådana exempel i Europa. Ungern är ju det klassiska exemplet som brukar tas upp, där det gått väldigt snabbt att få igenom en massa lagstiftning.

Lagrådet är mer försiktiga i hur de uttrycker sig, även om ledamoten, tillika justitierådet, Stefan Reimer även han säger att han ibland kan undra varför det ska gå så väldigt snabbt. Och det är också just tidsaspekten som han menar att Lagrådet oftast är kritiska till.

– När Lagrådet varit väldigt kritiskt har man ofta haft väldigt korta remisstider. Jag hörde någon som var en halv dag. Normalt sett är det kanske 2,5 månader eller ett par veckor i varje fall om det är lite mer brådskande lagförslag.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

i dont think asking if a poster who is the subject of some drama is doing alright in a more casual regional thread should be probed

rule II C 1 posted:

Don't post about posters. Arguments in D&D are meant to stand on their own rather than on the credibility of the posters who make them, because they are pseudonymous, and knowing forums lore should not be a requirement for participating in or understanding D&D. This rule is waived in cases where someone claims specific expertise in what they're talking about.
is clearly talking about posting about posters as a form of argument, which the post in question did not do

i dont think you intended anything bad but you seem a bit tactless sometimes

tempura to help make things nicer

Megamissen fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 11, 2023

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

SplitSoul posted:

6.6 billion kroner for a hospital delayed for 6 years and apparently built to Sochi standards. A little mold's fine, right? How about a lot mold?

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/regionale/nordjylland/graes-vokser-ud-af-murvaerket-og-isoleringen-kan-vrides-vand

just 6.6 billion?
this sounds like a good opportuinity to bring in boston consulting group and rectify that

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

His Divine Shadow posted:

That poo poo cost money and you needed to finance tax breaks.

reserve capacity being viewed as inefficency has been a very bad trend

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

quote:

Förslaget bygger på en utredning som den förra S-regeringen tillsatte.

sossarna keeping up their 80 year tradition of facism trains

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

hey its the thought that counts :colbert:

if the press learn to not just credulously report press releases that would be great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/svt-stoppar-publicering-pa-grund-av-spionerilag

svt has self-censored a part of a story (usage of images from the discord leak) because they were worried it might break the new spionlag