Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
While we're a cog in this capitalist death machine I think a policy of not arming other countries probably does more good than bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Hvorfor er Rødt i mot hardstyle DNA festivalen egentlig? Fordi det er bråkete?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

ulvir posted:

I don't understand where this insane obsession over eurovision came from. it's just a dumb contest with bad music. literally every song will be forgotten after a week, tops

Eh, Hatari is a good band if you're into that genre.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Koos Group posted:

What would everyone say to having an IK for this thread? If you believe we should have one, do you have recommendations?

No thank you. Last time most of the candidates were resident trolls, and the dude who won was close to the worst possible choice imo.

Yeah, the thread probably leans more left than the rest of D&D, which causes some friction that can be hard to understand from an outsiders perspective, but the mood and culture here is generally good so if there's a slew of reports I think one can assume it's from the peanut gallery.

Move the thread to C-SPAM if it is a huge issue. That would be funny.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Rojava was a state, kinda?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Actually, she was told, then reminded, and continued doing so anyway. Lots of libs are heartbroken about it for some reason.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
If your thing is arguing for more leniency shown to nazis don't you just look in the mirror some day and go what the gently caress?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Rust Martialis posted:

I'd suggest moving this derail to the Ukraine thread but I suspect some posters here are threadbanned there, or at least too terrified to post in it. A sad loss.

I support you posting there instead of here, if that's an option.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

quote:

Norway is not only the worst-rated Nordic country in the Expat Insider 2023 survey but also second-to-last worldwide (52nd).

Nice.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
You can have a knekkebrød with butter, some diluted saft, and a few raisins, at most.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
One of the most annoying things is the spread of gender reveal parties. Setting aside the conservative gender essentialism at the heart of it, it's just so loving gauche.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

ulvir posted:

mobasheri has publicly opposed the more "mature" direction Rødt took, especially in oslo, and seemingly wants to drag it back to becoming an irrelevance just for the sake of being opposed to everything and stirring conflict rather than solutions in the city parliament

Sounds good. He has my vote.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I mean, they could just be stoking racial hatred to help out with upcoming elections or inhumane policies.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Jack Trades posted:

I never personally understood the point of claiming that you subscribe to a certain religion when you're just going to cherrypick the parts of it that you like

Yeah, gently caress that Martin Luther guy!

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I never personally understood the point of claiming that you like pizza when you're just going to cherrypick the toppings that you like

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I say it every year, but the parties should have some kind of presentation of their candidates so it would be easier to pick the one you want.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Welp, guess us Oslo folks are going back to not getting out garbage picked up and poo poo.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

BonHair posted:

Law says that if you can sell off parts of the land and build houses there, the potential land value of those houses are part of your land value. This is a clearly ridiculous case of that because it's a huge piece of land with nothing on it, but if you turned it into parcelhuse, that would be a lot of theoretical value. This is not a bug in the system though, it's a political choice of how to do value.
Obviously ridiculous still, but it kinda makes sense if you have a huge garden in Gentofte which you could easily sell a third of for 6 million.

It's not that ridiculous. What's ridiculous is that this kind of land is privately owned.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

KozmoNaut posted:

https://nyt.ois.dk/search/2170234/sfe/bbr/bygning/8743c0c6-ed23-4fcc-942c-773687ab4b1a

Its owned by Roskilde Kommune.

E: and is the eastern part of the grounds where Roskilde Festival is held.

Then what is the problem? The state ain't gonna tax itself?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Von Pluring posted:

No, that’s on me. I was being all edgy and stuff.

gently caress off

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
lol that Turkey voted yes and Sweden did not

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
They have automatically scaled pricing based on website demand before, so if scalpers drive up the rush around ticket releases that directly benefits them.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
The rich and the powerful loved Denmark. I don't know for sure how popular Norwegian nationalism was with the common man, but considering the enduring legacy I don't think one can discount it.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Fittingly, Rust Materialis's dedication to the "facts" or "legality" of the matter is also a flag of convenience.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Anders posted:

But the only liberal party in Norway is Venstre

Most, if not all, Norwegian parties are liberal to some extent.

Venstre caters to Libertarians who dislike FrP and Høyre voters who watched too much West Wing. They can't really claim any sort of unique position in Norwegian politics, except maybe being the party with the furthest distance between their espoused values and actual politics.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Oh, you'll buy milk.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Falukorv posted:

Some countries also add fluoride to drinking water (i know Sweden doesnt), dont know how it tastes though or if it is even detectable by taste in the low concentrations present

Most countries have done it, including Sweden. Scandinavian countries usually have very little of it in municipal water sources. We keep it to below 1.5 mg/l as per WHO guidelines, but in cases where it was added it was to an even lower level of 0.7 mg/l.

We do still add Chlorine, which had a distinctive taste, but it's rarely detectable here.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 19, 2024

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I'm no longer particularly invested in the state of Norway having a respectable news/public information service.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Who doesn't like a good skull?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Anders posted:

IMHO there are five parties that actually have some sort of ethical backbone/more ambitions than "stay in power":

Venstre

lol

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Actually, our alcohol consumption is in large part down to our fondness for various wine-based sauces.

fond-ness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Gonna turn out to be some elaborate heist.