Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nice OP. I'm finally going to beat V, do another playthrough of Revengeance and hopefully get to some of the others. I might play The Twin Snakes since I never tried it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

How's Ghost Babel hold up?? I remember playing it when it came out and liking it but I was a little kid. I also have a vague memory of a very similar Resident Evil spinoff game on GBC but I'm not sure if I'm just making that up

Resident Evil Gaiden which is not very good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I, uh...I've never completed a Metal Gear game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rediscover posted:

It would be cool if they showed Snake jacking off in a cutscene.

It's been done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SHTT2S2fm4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

The sprinting punch animation/sound is some ASMR poo poo

It's the six million dollar man sound

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

4 is amazing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

10: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

It's not just the incredibly silly title that turns us off to this game. And we don't hate the change of pace -- Raiden's lightning quick sword skills make for a very fun distraction. But that's the keyword: distraction. Revengeance is a cartoony hack-and-slash game that strays away from what made the series great in the first place: the nuance in storytelling and gameplay. Where is the bigger message? It seems more like fanfare to us. Raiden was so badass in MGS4 that he left fans wishing he was a playable character (jokes on you, Raiden haters). But Kojima originally cancelled this game, and perhaps it should've stayed that way. Platinum Games did little with the opportunity they were given to comment on the aftermath of Metal Gear Solid 4 (Revengeance takes place 4 years after Solid Snake's final mission). Here was a golden egg: a chance to usher in a new era in the Metal Gear narrative with one of the most badass cyborgs in the game's universe. Instead, you get a heavy metal action game that couldn't stray farther from the spirit of the Metal Gear series. If all that cyborg phooey is the future of Metal Gear, we're going back into cryo-stasis a la Big Boss. In their defense, Platinum was probably given a set of rules and weren't able to tamper too directly with the Metal Gear story. Why make the game then? The cutting mechanic is pretty cool, though.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

what comes to mind for me is how it reminds me of the office

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

what if they made Bloodborne but in the MGSV map

It probably wouldn't be as good because it's all about dealing with very specific enemy encounters in tight spaces

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Ok then what if you could play as big boss in Bloodborne and CQC slam old ones

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L70yaztkZNE

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

that was a 9/11 edit but i headcanon that new yorkers have seen it all

Accurate

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

i should finally finish mgs5

Me too brother

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

New Yorker as Arsenal Gear crushes several city blocks: Hey!!! I'm walkin here!!!!!!!

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smdh

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When I get home tomorrow I'm gonna try out The Twin Snakes on the new version of Dolphin

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

It's incredible that Metal Gear Solid 3 so accurately predicted the idea of the "Cold War", where nations are warring with ideology and ideas rather than weapons.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Metal [Vince looking up]
Gear [Vince getting excited]
Solid [Vince does double take]
Zombie [Vince Standing up mouth agape]
MOBA [Vince falls back in chair, stunned]

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

beepstreet posted:

All that aside, playing all the main games back to back over a month or so has been a trip. Taking Solid Snake from a tiny 8 bit sprite to a gloriously modeled ps3 character in a single unified storyline has been nuts and was definitely worth it. Killing BB and uh, the other guy, was crazy with all this other context the rest of the series builds up around them.

Has anyone played through Ghost Babel? Worth it?

Ghost Babel is cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My name never changed but my first avatar was a weird John Lennon hand puppet that someone must have thought looked like Trent Reznor because they paid to have the lyrics from Down In It as the text

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Survive is a day one preorder for me for sure. Never really liked Metal Gear, was more of a CoD man personally. I like shooting poo poo bang bang and getting MOABs, not sneaking around like a bitch and listening to BORING rear end custecnes about politics and society and boring rear end poo poo like that that makes no sense anyways. Thats why I like MGSV, they cut way back on the plot so we can get to the action,jackson. I hella love that. Then you add mothafuckin' ZOMBIES into the mix? poo poo, son. It be just like my other favourite game, COD ZOMBIES, so yeah,mday one preporde for me for sure. Feels good to finally be a metal gear fan now they fixed the series and removed all the boring crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Apparently death stranding is gonna be a wide open action/stealth game too btw. So he's just gonna make offbrand MGSV sequels FTW

I Love Kojima

• Locked thread