Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh drat, considering how anime this is I just assumed that they left in the Japanese voices but there's no way to change them. :( It's not that I'm a huge weeb, but American anime dubbing (with the typical American anime voices) just sounds like nails on chalk to me. Someone please tell me there's no squeaky-voiced characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yo some of the player character voices are great.

Also

Moving back to GE2 without predator styles is going to be tough

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 8, 2016

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Picked this up in the sale. The character voices are... surprisingly tolerable, so far!

What should I be doing with the materials I'm gathering early on? Upgrade the starting weapons, craft newer weapons, hang on to them for better stuff to come?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh my loving god I just met the Amaretsu

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

oh my loving god I just met the Amaretsu

Now go make the tittyhammer

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just fought the black Hannibal and just when I thought things couldnt get any more anime

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I finished off the second storyline and holy gently caress that was some anime :allears:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Your Computer posted:

Oh drat, considering how anime this is I just assumed that they left in the Japanese voices but there's no way to change them. :( It's not that I'm a huge weeb, but American anime dubbing (with the typical American anime voices) just sounds like nails on chalk to me. Someone please tell me there's no squeaky-voiced characters.

I don't mind dubbing most of the time - and I sometimes prefer it with stuff like Disgaea - but I really couldn't handle the voices in this game for some reason to the point where I just started skipping through the story.

Speaking of the story, I finally got my Santa outfits. Yay!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh good, GE2 importing save allows you to continue in the story from your last save, so you can change your character voice or whatever if it's annoying you.

Why they dont let you change on the fly I dont know.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

uuuugh got to Nana's plot this is so bad compared to ge1

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh gently caress now I've hit Romeo's arc gently caress my life.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh gently caress now I've hit Romeo's arc gently caress my life.

It gets... well not better per se but the plot gets weird at the end of his arc. Keep going and murdering the monster for stylish hats weapons.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

At least the old couple solved his idiot problems.

Thankfully the gameplay is interesting at least. I'm really missing the predator system though and having my character going 'Nyeeooowwwww' as i zip around on a jawsword.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not even sure what the story is since I started skipping after Nina.

I haven't played after getting my Santa outfit, but once I pick it back up I might start experimenting with the spear for hit and run.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nana's story ends up with her running away because she thinks she's endangering everyone til the team goes after her and shows her the power of friendship. Team goes 'hey jerk, we're a team, dont run away, we'll get through this together.'

Immediately after this Romeo gets all stupid because he hasnt got his blood power and runs away. He'd have died a horrible death if he wasnt rescued by an old couple who teach him about the value of friendship and not running away.

Thankfully I'm past that and Soma shows up and both him and Dr Rachel start shittalking each other. :neckbeard:

edit:

Oh now I hit the end of Romeo's arc lol.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Oct 21, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Now that Romeo's arc is over things are much better frankly.

Also I've not really touched the Scythes much since the damage didnt seem that great. I recently went back to them and realized they're multi hit, generating tons of OP and have some silly/great moves along with the massive reach

http://i.imgur.com/8t0bDVw.mp4

Great for chopping up everything to fuel up guns

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I just got this game from the sale as well. I'm enjoying it so far, but I feel like I'm just blindly mashing buttons. Is there a move list hiding somewhere, or is there something akin to Gaijin Hunter's Monster Hunter weapon tutorials?

I saw some descriptions of special moves in the terminal, but there wasn't much about the basic attacks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you're playing 1 first, what's customizable are the devour moves. 2 features the custom attack moves.

Its mainly looking at the weapon types and figuring out how they work. Like fast stabby weapons? Short to medium swords, spears, scythe. Stuff that's slower hitting, hammers and busters. Play around with them and have a look at the move sets. Plain X and Y attacks chain with each other so you can i.e. build up quickly with x attacks and hit with the 4th chain attack with a heavy Y, aerial attacks also have their own chain behaviours so you can squeeze two attacks out of a heavy weapon, RB+x/y triggers specials and devours, etc. Figure out your weapons and try not to get stomped!

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Hammers are best. Never not use hammers.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I got this around two weeks ago, started really playing a couple days ago, have just now reached the end...ish? of difficulty 3, having killed my first Garm. I used to be a short blader who dipped into buster, but now I'm primarily an Assault Gunner, ever since I got blood bullets. Having learned the triple shot BB I now never stop firing (mostly), and while its not too interesting it does mean enemies are staggered ~50% of the time if I'm aiming decently. I'm probably going to be transferring over more to scythes and Busters though, since unless Wildsword Yang is as good as it was I'm going to need a real change.

Hammers didn't really click for me, and the spears just let me down, since I was expecting the boost glide to go more than a single step distance.

Sadly, not feeling like playing Resurrection right now, since I sank like several hundred hours into the original, but Predator styles are news to me and look kinda neat.

Any suggestions for Blood Arts? Now that I'm planning on branching out I need to give it a lot of thought.

Also that was a great moment in the story: "Oh, that's a nasty Hannibal variant. They obviously won't make me fight it now, I'm only on difficulty 3. I could not possibly handle a Caligul:aaaaa:"

And while the world may be dark, I can take solace in the fact that my new protagonist, much like the previous one, has the most :buddy: personality I could give him.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Same, my Eater just yells 'Nyeeeooooow!' while charging forward or 'Awwwwww I fired too much and now I'm empty!'

There's less restrictions on bullet editing in Resurrection so you can shove op recovering assault bullets in other guns for permanent firing all the time. Only downside, no blood bullet modules.

If you're playing 2, have a look through all the blood arts though and see which ones might work for you. They can significantly change how the weapon operates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiZxtgN7NeQ

i.e. Intercepting Comet is my favourite hammer art as you turn into a high velocity pinball smashing everything around you and I take a Scythe art that turns the retraction attack into a blender blade.

http://i.imgur.com/8t0bDVw.mp4
This one is the most broken scythe skill since 90% of enemy attacks just go under you while you rip them to shreds.

Current favourite weapons: Scythes, Hammers, Short swords.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

On Tuesday they released free DLC for both games - character alts for every NPC. The God Eater 2 character alts have the same weapons but different Blood Arts and compound skills, and the Resurrection alts all have different weapons but no compound skills.

Also, you have access to the alts right from the start of the game, if that interests you at all.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Got this during the Halloween sale on steam, game gud.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Downside to enjoying this game: Steam is now advertising a bajillion animes at me.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Did they ever patch the music loops in GE2? Or is there a way to manually fix them by now?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, looking it up it looks like the Yang weapons may be even better than they originally were. The Shortblade version gets Hold 10 and Debuff Stacking 10 on the final upgrade. That is awesome, even if not the most efficient or flashy skills.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
For a good time, give all of your AI minions paralyze attacks and then use the Deicide blood art with a hammer. With a little luck you can smash pieces of an Aragami instantly :toot:

It also oneshots trash mobs like cocoons and ogretails, etc. That being said, since doing it empties your stamina gauge, make sure you pair it with that skill that makes your stamina regen faster when you're out of breath.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I would but I'm too in love with the massive sweep of the scythes now. Eat that Vajras and Borgs, see how you like being hit by a sweeping attack from the other side of a field!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, this is a bit of a stupid question, but what do the various Sunday best outfits look like? I kinda want Nana in something other than her default look, but at 10 GAP its kinda expensive to get an alt costume.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Ashsaber posted:

Well, this is a bit of a stupid question, but what do the various Sunday best outfits look like? I kinda want Nana in something other than her default look, but at 10 GAP its kinda expensive to get an alt costume.

They're old, japanese formal wear.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If only you could make her wear it in cutscenes too. Put on some loving clothes Nana :negative:

Also I laughed when Romeo died. Good loving riddance.

Emil is the best partner, because he is ridiculously hammy. And also because https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_rOes48vn0

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 4, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm into the Black Butterfly arc and goddammit stop listening to the bad guy monologueing!

How do elemental bonuses work with a weapon with a lot of them, like say I have +fire and +ice but hit an enemy with -fire but +ice resist? Would I be better off with just a plain weapon?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Welp, found out that the weakest Meteor variant only requires rank 6 Blood Bullets in Blast, and I was already at level 6 in Assault, so.... Blast Guns aren't really my thing, probably, but having made a Prana control unit and always wanting to be in Burst for that sweet, sweet regen I can get a decent amount of OP over time. Just need to remember to store it from time to time. and figure out what new Aragami are weak to crush bullets where. And maybe find more Blast recipes. But hey, its leveling up fairly quick, and I just put a bunch of abandoned God Arcs in a bin for a very nice compound skill for op absorb and... something.

And I will never voluntarily fight a Sariel with a scythe again.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How does combining abandoned god arcs work anyways? What governs whether you get a level 10 skill?

Also I'm not gonna use Meteors. Sure, they kill everything super fast but it's not very fun.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ashsaber posted:

And I will never voluntarily fight a Sariel with a scythe again.

Try fight one with a buster sword :laffo:

Scythes are actually super good for Sariels. Jump, a few x attacks and a y attack to finish off will smash their head bonds pretty drat fast.

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

How does combining abandoned god arcs work anyways? What governs whether you get a level 10 skill?

The color bars at the back show your combined arc level. You can just keep stuffing god arcs together during one recombination and eventually it'll become solid glowing yellow which gives you a level 10 rare arc

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 5, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Sariels are the natural enemy of hammer users. :argh:

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Synthbuttrange posted:

How do elemental bonuses work with a weapon with a lot of them, like say I have +fire and +ice but hit an enemy with -fire but +ice resist? Would I be better off with just a plain weapon?

If the Aragami resists one element but not the other, then only the element it's weak to will trigger. Basically having multiple elements on a weapon is always, always better than not having them.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Synthbuttrange posted:

Try fight one with a buster sword :laffo:

Scythes are actually super good for Sariels. Jump, a few x attacks and a y attack to finish off will smash their head bonds pretty drat fast.

Yeah, just went into a special mission without changing loadout, because the othe enemy was a Garm. Usually I pull out the buster whenever I fight a Sariel (and prob Quadriga as well)

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I really love the hammer, don't get me wrong, especially now that I've unlocked Comet Drive. I just wish I had something that hit about as hard with more of a vertical hitbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
You can try the Spinning Top BA, which should make short work of any Sariels. At max rank it gives you four midair hits, and double jumping gives you just enough height to hit them in the head.

Synthbuttrange posted:

When you attack with a weapon that has multiple elements, it's treated as whichever element would do more damage, so in your example, it would be treated as fire damage. You're never going to be penalized directly for having too many elements on your weapon, but non-elemental weapons have higher base damage, and your kurogane weapon is more than enough to make it through the entire game if you'd rather not bother with maintaining multiple weapons.

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

It's influenced a bit by the rarity and the amount of god arcs you use, but basically just keep loading god arcs into the combiner until the game tells you you're maxed out. You can cheat the system by saving before combining, and then loading if you get something you don't want.

• Locked thread