Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Will you be able to local co-op on the same console in either the remake or the sequel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Megasabin posted:

Will you be able to local co-op on the same console in either the remake or the sequel?

No, it is TYOOL2016 and this is a japanese game. :pwn:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Oh boy

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

What platform are most goons gonna play on?

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Emalde posted:

No, it is TYOOL2016 and this is a japanese game. :pwn:

Sad times.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

How much can you modify your character's name/appearance/whatever after creation? I know someone mentioned saving and importing your character to edit voice, can anything else be changed?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Armor-Piercing posted:

How much can you modify your character's name/appearance/whatever after creation? I know someone mentioned saving and importing your character to edit voice, can anything else be changed?

You can modify clothing, hairstyle, hair color, and accessories anytime inside the game. You can modify everything if you import, as far as I know.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Emalde posted:

Kojei to the rescue with the perfect illustration:

Just gonna say that this screenshot sold me on the game, if only I had more money.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

kojei posted:

You can modify clothing, hairstyle, hair color, and accessories anytime inside the game. You can modify everything if you import, as far as I know.
Thanks for this, just did a quick double check and it looks like you can change everything, including gender, except for your codename (which I'm guessing is the one that's visible online?).

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I am glad this is coming to stream. People on the steam forums are losing their poo poo that it might be censored though so it's kind of hilarious. Did the pre-order window already close or something though?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Nuebot posted:

I am glad this is coming to stream. People on the steam forums are losing their poo poo that it might be censored though so it's kind of hilarious.

There are only minor tweaks applied as "censoring", primarily in regards to depictions of gore, which means they've minimized the amount of blood effects seen in cutscenes/gameplay. 'Partial Nudity' is still kosher for Teen on ESRB ratings, so it's unlikely they've touched any of your titty outfits or vagina bones.

Apparently they've actually specifically restored a groping cutscene they had dummied out of the original PSP version since it didn't affect the ratings enough.

E: yep, already confirmed

Emalde fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 30, 2016

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Can anyone expound on the co-op aspect of this game. The OP mentions it's meant to be played this way, and heavily emphasizes teamwork. Can anyone talk more about this? Is it meant for a certain amount of players or would just 2 work fine?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Megasabin posted:

Can anyone expound on the co-op aspect of this game. The OP mentions it's meant to be played this way, and heavily emphasizes teamwork. Can anyone talk more about this? Is it meant for a certain amount of players or would just 2 work fine?

2 works fine, player characters replace NPCs up to the player limit of 4. NPCs are just really cautious and inefficient at killing things compared to people.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Never play with more than 3 humans so you have room to bring Kanon with you.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kanon is the bomb cats of this game.

I really want to love the hammer in GE but the attacks that move you forward are making it hard. If I want to stand there smashing a monster's face i don't want to be moved up under them all because I used a smashing attack that shoves me forward like 10 steps. Otherwise a hammer with a rocket motor on it is pretty much as cool as I expected it to be.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

So there's cross play but no cross buy on Playstation 4/Vita?

Maybe I should just wait for Monster Hunter Generations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Emalde posted:

There are only minor tweaks applied as "censoring", primarily in regards to depictions of gore, which means they've minimized the amount of blood effects seen in cutscenes/gameplay. 'Partial Nudity' is still kosher for Teen on ESRB ratings, so it's unlikely they've touched any of your titty outfits or vagina bones.

Apparently they've actually specifically restored a groping cutscene they had dummied out of the original PSP version since it didn't affect the ratings enough.

E: yep, already confirmed

Specifically the blood was toned town in the first game to match the lower rating of the sequel. Probably because they're bundled together.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

Probably because they're bundled together.

Yeah, apparently they couldn't have done the bundling if the games weren't both specifically rated T

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Wafflz posted:

Kanon is the bomb cats of this game.

I really want to love the hammer in GE but the attacks that move you forward are making it hard. If I want to stand there smashing a monster's face i don't want to be moved up under them all because I used a smashing attack that shoves me forward like 10 steps. Otherwise a hammer with a rocket motor on it is pretty much as cool as I expected it to be.

If you want to plant your feet and dump all your stamina into damage that's what the R1+square -> mash square -> R1+square is for. It's like using a switch axe only you have the option to triangle jet away if you're in danger. Hammer is my favorite at the moment.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Internet Friend posted:

If you want to plant your feet and dump all your stamina into damage that's what the R1+square -> mash square -> R1+square is for. It's like using a switch axe only you have the option to triangle jet away if you're in danger. Hammer is my favorite at the moment.

Yeah I've been using that when there is time. The one off the top of my head that drives me nuts is using triangle second in a normal attack string, it's a nice vertical smash but for some reason you lunge forward a huge distance. I'm still committed to hammering either way.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I played the first game on PSP and this is so much better. Pretty fun being able to finally play it online.

Is there a wiki where I can check the skills and upgrade trees?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

This game's pretty anime, but I'm liking it so far.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Mr E posted:

This game's pretty anime, but I'm liking it so far.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

The wrong kind of anime, the kind with zippers and sad emotions. as opposed to the good kind of anime that Jojo is, the kind with punching and manly friendship.

Anyway I'm enjoying it so far, just passed the first mission with Kota and the monkey. As someone whose never played a hunting game before, what should I be doing? Should I be devour attacking all the time? I'm button mashing my way thru levels but I don't know how to play "well. "

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Is there auto matchmaking in this game so I can just play with strangers since none of my friends will get anywhere near this much anime?

Ludicrous G. Gibs
Jan 28, 2012

Drinks?

swimming anime posted:

Anyway I'm enjoying it so far, just passed the first mission with Kota and the monkey. As someone whose never played a hunting game before, what should I be doing? Should I be devour attacking all the time? I'm button mashing my way thru levels but I don't know how to play "well. "

You lucked out with God Eater as your first hunting game since it's kind enough to show you damage values for your attacks. Most hunting games don't, which makes the learning curve much sharper. Button mashing will take you pretty far in God Eater, but the difficulty will increase soon, especially if you're playing solo.

Notice that you'll do a lot more damage hitting specific places on specific monsters with specific weapons. With the spear, for instance, you'll do vastly more damage stabbing the monkey Aragami in the back than you do attacking it anywhere else. Playing "well" means learning how to hit weak spots on your target with your weapon of choice while not leaving yourself open to attacks at the same time. In something like Monster Hunter, the game isn't nearly as open when it comes to showing you how effective your attacks are; you'll see a more impressive spark or blood splatter, but no actual numbers. Here you've got all the info you need to improve. Later you'll want to learn your targets' elemental weaknesses and such so you can exploit them, but that's much less important than knowing where to hit.

The devour attack is interesting in that it doesn't play by these rules. The basic devour is slow and cumbersome, but does solid damage at all times and gives you the Burst buff that improves all your stats. It also lets you steal enemy powers like Kirby, but (with a few exception) these tend to be pretty weak and unimpressive in practice. Other types of devour have their own bonuses, but they're primarily weaker and faster in order to help you keep Burst going. You should devour as often as needed to keep Burst up because it's very powerful; if you're playing online, it's actually much more important to devour because you can give Burst charges to other party members and improve their buffs.

By the way, you should think about joining up for multiplayer sometime if you're enjoying the game! All hunting games are better with others, but this is especially true with God Eater, which has entire mechanics that don't really come into play by yourself.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Happy Hedonist posted:

Is there auto matchmaking in this game so I can just play with strangers since none of my friends will get anywhere near this much anime?

get on discord and play with us

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

nerdz posted:

get on discord and play with us

Okay, I may do that because after watching a stream the game looks like a fun palate cleanser after months and months of Soulsborne.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Am I being stupid or is the europe version only being released as the same time as the sequel?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

LordVorbis posted:

Am I being stupid or is the europe version only being released as the same time as the sequel?

*squints at first words in the OP*

no yeah that's right

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

LordVorbis posted:

Luckily setting up a US account isnt that hard, grabbed ressurection yesterday. The hammer is the best thing ever, and if poo poo runs off i either spin after it or start lobbing smartbombs/laser turrets, this game is great. Also anime as gently caress.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Is there any detail on the Steam Price yet? Specifically the separate pricing for resurrection?

Im looking to get some people into this by buying multiple copies, and im wondering if the 20 dollar stand alone is gonna be a thing on steam like on psn.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

There's no word on even if there will be a standalone GER on steam. Only thing for sure right now is you get GER with GE2RB.

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Its black mist swallows all.

This game is both anime and good. There's no reason not to get GE2 and play through GER while you wait.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I wish there was a manual on ps4 because I have no loving idea what I'm doing with some things. Any tips on designing a good bullet?

Happy Hedonist fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jul 4, 2016

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

I'm sure the complicated bullets made sense on the PSP but with two analog sticks it seems hard to make something more efficient than just sniper bullets, sniper -> bomb on hit, or LL sized radials.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Internet Friend posted:

I'm sure the complicated bullets made sense on the PSP but with two analog sticks it seems hard to make something more efficient than just sniper bullets, sniper -> bomb on hit, or LL sized radials.

It's been years since I played God Eater, but I do vaguely recall bullets that shot straight up into the air, stopped, and then homed in on enemies from above to be useful for hitting them somewhere other than just their well-armored fronts.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

devour your deities, accessorize your animes

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Internet Friend posted:

Efficiency? The hell is that? I just make the coolest looking bullets possible, regardless of utility. I spend most of my time meleeing anyways. If your bullet isn't at least 50% decorative parts you're doing it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
this is exactly the dumb anime poo poo i wanted

all the atmosphere of Attack on Titan (or Noise even) but everyone is so implausibly dressed it can't quite be serious. it works perfectly.

• Locked thread