Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
there's a short sword called Oracle sword that does no damage but has all Oracle skills built in. it's pretty effective at recharging op with the infinite combo ba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Holy poo poo the charge slam BA for Buster Blade changes everything. :black101:

It's like the dash for hammer but I also get parrying upper and the satisfaction of clowning monsters in the face with huge swords.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I was talking about this game with another goon just now and essentially asking for a trip report because it looks like it's right up my street but he mentioned the bullet crafting has no tutorial. Some kind, gentle soul should put one together for the thread so more people can benefit from sub-orbital homing headshot bullets that explode into a million smaller bullets that then explode.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In God Eater Ressurection I'm trying to make a sniper bullet that does damage based on distance that goes straight in the air, then splits into 5 shots, and homes in on a creature. I've gotten it pretty good, but when I fire the second part never deploys. Ontop of that, I'll get errors about conflicts, but I'm rotating my bullets by 5 degrees. Anyone know what the deal is, or have a recipe that does a similar thing?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

In God Eater Ressurection I'm trying to make a sniper bullet that does damage based on distance that goes straight in the air, then splits into 5 shots, and homes in on a creature. I've gotten it pretty good, but when I fire the second part never deploys. Ontop of that, I'll get errors about conflicts, but I'm rotating my bullets by 5 degrees. Anyone know what the deal is, or have a recipe that does a similar thing?

They're all presumably firing from the same point, so they're intersecting the instant they fire. Delay the shots from each other

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I figured it out, it's because "smart" isn't homing. I do not have homing lasers yet. Ugh.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Just took down the Vajra during the Cowboy mission in Resurrection. Took some doing and I went down like a Thai hooker a couple of times though.

So how do I get more missions? I'm sitting on the mission screen and the only ones I'm seeing now are all ones I've done several times. Do I just keep doing the same ones over and over until new ones unlock?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Try talking to folks around the base? Sometimes you need to do that to unlock the next mission.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Mokinokaro posted:

Try talking to folks around the base? Sometimes you need to do that to unlock the next mission.

I thought I'd talked to everyone. I'll try that again though, thanks.

edit: Ah, there we go. Now I can enter Lindow's room.

edit2: Ahahaha "Hi, I'm Erich der Vogelweid" *SPLAT*

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 23, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Does the Ceil stuff happen only if you choose the nice responses or can you choose the mean ones too? :v

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Does the Ceil stuff happen only if you choose the nice responses or can you choose the mean ones too? :v

Please don't be mean to my friend Ciel.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Okay so I just got to Difficulty 7 on God Eater Resurrection

Is now a good time to jump to God Eater 2 (never played either game before buying this)? Or should I finish GER?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Kill... me...."

I know that feeling anime girl.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Morter posted:

Okay so I just got to Difficulty 7 on God Eater Resurrection

Is now a good time to jump to God Eater 2 (never played either game before buying this)? Or should I finish GER?

Difficulty 10 if you want the full plot. I'd say it's worth it because the ending scenes of the Burst storyline (7-10) are great. You can leave the Resurrection storyline for later, if you want.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Infinity Gaia posted:

Difficulty 10 if you want the full plot. I'd say it's worth it because the ending scenes of the Burst storyline (7-10) are great. You can leave the Resurrection storyline for later, if you want.

Resurrection is also pretty good though. You can tell that it was made after GE2.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Put GE2 on hold to play GER a bit.

Emotional breakdowns and breast physics.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
People keep talking about guns doing a lot of damage but my guns tend to do jack poo poo, and only serve as something I carry around to boost my melee attacks.

Should I be buying bullets or something.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

People keep talking about guns doing a lot of damage but my guns tend to do jack poo poo, and only serve as something I carry around to boost my melee attacks.

Should I be buying bullets or something.

People are usually talking about crafted bullets designed to blow your entire bar in one barrage, like HDH (head direct hit) or the various super bombs for blast guns--all of the recipes are on various wikis. If you actually like using guns you can get more out of positioning, aiming and firing more basic bullets but if you do not then those are your best bet because at the cost of some OP overhead they're designed to give you a ton of damage for no skill.

That stuff is the difference between your melee/gun ratio being 75/25 and 50/50 at worst for the gun side of things if you mostly focus on melee.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Find which one works for you and use it. I was doing okay with customized blast bullets, then I just swapped to shotguns and learned to love point blank blasting legs to bits.

Aw why did the maps for GE and GE2 have to be the same though. :\

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 4, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Decus posted:

People are usually talking about crafted bullets designed to blow your entire bar in one barrage, like HDH (head direct hit) or the various super bombs for blast guns--all of the recipes are on various wikis. If you actually like using guns you can get more out of positioning, aiming and firing more basic bullets but if you do not then those are your best bet because at the cost of some OP overhead they're designed to give you a ton of damage for no skill.

That stuff is the difference between your melee/gun ratio being 75/25 and 50/50 at worst for the gun side of things if you mostly focus on melee.

Ah, those things. I remember trying them out on God Eater Rage Burst for the PSP, but even then I couldn't really get the hang of it.

I'm just more about Blood Arts I guess.

Holy poo poo the game gets so much fun with a CC that shoots out spikes and then a pillar of light and then the pillar of light explodes, dealing even more hits????

I wish the Boost Hammer's Impact was easier to aim though, I tried the upswing version and I keep missing and falling on my face.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
It is possible to play almost with 100% gun uptime, but you surely need the skills for it. All possible gun damage skills, oracle skills(oracle up, usage down, regen up), along with all item skills (effect+speed up will let you refill your entire gauge with the oracle restore items in a few miliseconds). Once I was done with the story I built a gun focus build just for fun and it felt really powerful.

In rage burst just forget about all that and use blood bullets with blood rage, which is severely broken.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Does anyone know when I can get the materials for crafting the Santa Uniform. Do I need to get to the Rage Burst section of the story to unlock 'em?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm assuming it's in the christmas story episodes which are rank 15.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's a major bummer.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
If we're talking bullets, here are two blast recipes that have been very useful for me. You'll need blood bullet level 6 to use them.

This one shoots up into the air and then automatically homes in on guys. You don't even need to aim it, and for some enemies it'll hit weak points on its own. Notably, it'll break things like the Fallen Ouroboros's back bond, which is a pain to target otherwise. But, for some other enemies, it'll target someplace that's not very useful, or sometimes the smart bullet will waste your OP by attempting to target an enemy that's too far to hit even when there are better targets right in your face.

Modules 1-4 go up and spiral outwards to max out the anti-gravity chip's damage multiplier within like a half second, then module 5 will fire straight down your crosshair as long as you angle it at (75,0,0). If you want more crush damage, you can change module 8 to a large bomb instead, or delete modules 5-8 and instead attach two large radial shots angled at (75,0,0), both set to fire with module 4. Two radial bullets fired at the same time can both do damage before they cancel each other out. Just don't shoot this with your back to a wall, or else the deco shots will hit that wall and your OP goes to waste.

As for general tips, if you want to use guns as a main weapon, you definitely want Trigger Happy and Frugal. Once you have those, you can also go for the various skills that increase your OP limit and OP regeneration. Here's some equipment I can suggest:

Trigger happy abandoned god arcs: These started dropping for me around difficulty 6. It's all random chance, so if you want to go for these you'll want to get abandoned god arc parts up on your support ally.
Kala Kapala - Rank 3 Medium Shield. Starts out with lv. 10 Frugal and also gains lv. 10 Quick Action when upgraded. Both of these are very useful to blast gunners. The only downside is you will die in 1-2 hits to anything that does ice or lightning damage.
Ci Cerca - Rank 7 Blast gun. This is the first craftable equipment with guaranteed Trigger Happy, but it also gives you lv. -10 dexterous and is tilted to do more blast damage than shot damage, which can be a little inconvenient.
Trigger Happy - Rank 8 upgrade unit. If you don't want to use the Ci Cerca, you're going to need to use up one of your accessory slots on this until you find the abandoned god arcs to stick Trigger Happy on some other equipment. In my case, I did just that, because I didn't have anything better to do with that slot.
Also, if you're using boost hammers, the blood art Angel Beat (branches off from Demon Swing) will significantly improve your OP regeneration as well.

Personally speaking, I used to be almost completely melee and never really gave guns a chance until I was like halfway through the GE2RB storyline, but I had a much better time as soon as I took the time to copy some decent bullets into the editor, and soon I was doing 80-90% of my damage with guns. I'd really suggest giving it a spin if you haven't already.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

The Santa clothes unlock in the vendor once you've finished Rank 6, actually.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

The Santa clothes unlock in the vendor once you've finished Rank 6, actually.

Holy poo poo that's amazing news.

My decision to skip the story cutscenes was justified! The faster I get 'em, the better.

Also cause I really don't care for most of the cast. Nana's story arc is where I just gave up and started skipping, which is pretty much something I've never done with a game before.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is there any way to choose new character voices besides importing saves?

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a cheatengine for it, but in-game that's the only way yeah.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is there a reason why my Blood Art experience gain has dwindled down so much?

The Charge Crush Blood Arts were hella easy to skill up to Rank 3 (probably due to the sheer number of times Destruct hits), but Skull Crusher has barely progressed since I hit Rank 2 on the skill. I've had multiple maps where I've spammed it and gotten no points at all, only points for Gale Dash.

Does Gale Dash need to reach Rank 2 before Skull Crusher can progress?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Is there a reason why my Blood Art experience gain has dwindled down so much?

The Charge Crush Blood Arts were hella easy to skill up to Rank 3 (probably due to the sheer number of times Destruct hits), but Skull Crusher has barely progressed since I hit Rank 2 on the skill. I've had multiple maps where I've spammed it and gotten no points at all, only points for Gale Dash.

Does Gale Dash need to reach Rank 2 before Skull Crusher can progress?

The amount of BA EXP gained is heavily dependent on the Difficulty Rank. If you just keep playing, you'll find you get more exp for doing more or less the same number of things. There's not really any trick to it, besides progressing or using skills to improve it, either through equipment (there's a really solid early-game heavy shield that's perfect if you just want to grind out BA/BB exp) or support member skills.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Infinity Gaia posted:

The amount of BA EXP gained is heavily dependent on the Difficulty Rank. If you just keep playing, you'll find you get more exp for doing more or less the same number of things. There's not really any trick to it, besides progressing or using skills to improve it, either through equipment (there's a really solid early-game heavy shield that's perfect if you just want to grind out BA/BB exp) or support member skills.

I'm doing the latest story missions in an attempt to unlock things more quickly, which is why this is confusing me a lot.

On a side note, sometimes I'll get these Free Missions that pop up for a limited period of time. Are there any perks to doing those? I did each of the 3 that popped up like twice, but haven't really felt the need to go back to them.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

I'm doing the latest story missions in an attempt to unlock things more quickly, which is why this is confusing me a lot.

On a side note, sometimes I'll get these Free Missions that pop up for a limited period of time. Are there any perks to doing those? I did each of the 3 that popped up like twice, but haven't really felt the need to go back to them.

All I can think of is, make sure you have your highest unlocked level of Skull Crusher equipped. If you already did that and you're still not gaining any BA progress, then you might just need to wait until you hit a higher difficulty.

Special missions give decent AP and guaranteed GAP, and there are some specials that are very useful for endgame minmaxing, but you don't need to care about them if you just want to speed through the main story.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Man God Eater Res was pretty fun, finished up the main story last night. Now I want those red weapons UGH WHY DOESNT ANYONE SHOOT THEN TALK blaarg, also I might have laughed when Soma dropped Shio on her head :v:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Since this game is on sale and described as a "Monster Hunter derivative" "and "ten thousand times more anime" I decided to buy it on a whim, but reading the OP more thoroughly I see that there might be a big focus on multiplayer?

How good/fun/feasible is it to just play solo? I know it's a bit odd, but I just generally don't enjoy multiplayer games and play stuff like Monster Hunter and even MMOs solo for the most part :shobon:

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Your Computer posted:

Since this game is on sale and described as a "Monster Hunter derivative" "and "ten thousand times more anime" I decided to buy it on a whim, but reading the OP more thoroughly I see that there might be a big focus on multiplayer?

How good/fun/feasible is it to just play solo? I know it's a bit odd, but I just generally don't enjoy multiplayer games and play stuff like Monster Hunter and even MMOs solo for the most part :shobon:

I played Ressurection entirely solo and it was fun.

Kanon is the only friend you need.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its pretty doable solo and if you like crafting poo poo, you'd enjoy the making stuff and assembling stupid bullets bit. I think I spend more time looking at the crafting menus than hunting monsters.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Internet Friend posted:

I played Ressurection entirely solo and it was fun.

Kanon is the only friend you need.

Great! That's the answer I was hoping for. :3:

Synthbuttrange posted:

Its pretty doable solo and if you like crafting poo poo, you'd enjoy the making stuff and assembling stupid bullets bit. I think I spend more time looking at the crafting menus than hunting monsters.

Thanks! I usually enjoy crafting and farming so I guess I'll be alright.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
I just started playing Resurrection and one thing bothers me: when I lock on, my attacks don't, err, "home"? So, with a Charge Spear, I have to know precisely the right range to attack from, otherwise I pass through the enemy, the camera goes all wonky, and I have to hope I guess the right input in to attack 180 behind me and extend a combo?

I guess this is the skill portion of the game, but it's a mildly annoying at first (along with the lock on seemingly dropping at time, presumably when a monster disengages). Is there a workaround here beyond "get good"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah locking on just helps out with the camera mostly. It's not an autoaim for attacks.

• Locked thread