Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

natetimm posted:

The controllers were like some sort of often-broken Sisyphean hell. That little goddamn joystick in the middle is probably top 5 on my most hated video game peripherals.

The Gamecube joysticks were the most uncomfortable joysticks I've ever used, hory poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Putty posted:

someone shoudl say thsi at a Melee tourney

If you don't faint from the smell upon entering the room, sure.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

The Skeleton King posted:

The game is inspired heavily by earthbound. It captures the charming writing and characters aspect of earthbound really well but lacks any depth to its gameplay and is a very ugly game. It also lacks the size that earthbound had, you can blow through it in no time even if you talk to everyone.
The writing is also a bit too touchy feely as well and that turns some people away. I bought the game because I enjoyed earthbound but undertale fell short for me. The writing is good but not quite my kinda thing and the game has little to offer past the writing.

I was one of those dupes that bought it due to the comparison to Earthbound, which is a game I've played through several times in the past 17+ years. I thought it had none of the charm and wit that Earthbound had, and after some time in the game I couldn't really find any good comparison to it. Like Earthbound, it did have some great music, but that didn't save it for me. I thought Undertale was one of those hype-train games that passed me on the station platform. I "get it," and have seen goons wax way too much about how great they think it is, but IMO it felt like someone's first game project where they wanted to be "different."

Had it been a free Flash game that was being passed around I might feel differently, but the absurd fanbase and extreme hype around that game didn't do any justice to it.

I bought LISA a while ago but haven't had time to play it yet.

• Locked thread