Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

we went through 1000+ years of feudalism and managed to switch away once material conditions made the old ways unfeasible, just saying

Yeah, at a certain point, capitalism will fail just as all previous human organizations have failed. Fascism will certainly rear its ugly head, however I think the material conditions in this country would make a harder shift in that direction impossible. Namely, the fact that such a large portion of our country isn't white, including our armed forces. White people are barely hanging on as a majority at all, so any right-wing shift that attempted to (further) split the country along racial lines basically must fail.

At least, I hope so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

Imhotep was not a Pharaoh, but he was considered a genius. Among other things he is believed to be the first person who used columns in building.

I thought it was a reference to that Ozymandias poem about the futility of human legacies against the erosion of time.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Whoa whoa whoa. Whoa. Whoa.
Are you telling me that conservatives lie?
That, my friend, is preposterous and rude. Conservatives are our allies.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

augias posted:

Cardelia B and Megan Thee Stallyns enjoy fulfilling sexual intercourse & take pride in their pussies' high level of performance. Everyone know god and the white's are against this

"Low performance pussies are the path to the Lord." - Isaiah 6:9

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

So are we all just admitting that Biden/Harris are in bed with the GOP now?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

T-man posted:

Finally we know who's to blame for fallout 3.

Turnip!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

LOVE ME FOR MY STINKY DICK!!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Oscar Wild posted:

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1295961333209288704?s=19

How bad were boomer and early gen x parents that now we look as politicians as patriarchs?

Democrats for the Fatherland.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Bahaha Jim Carrey is awesome now.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

i wish that just for an instant i could see trump the way they do

Here:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Who is this guy? (not the office dweeb)

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Blockade posted:

tag urself

I'm Lord of the Rings.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

No, wait wait wait, I'm Marihuana

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1299059305103208448

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

So, is Jeff Daniels beyond redemption now? The Newsroom was so obscenely awful, and now this.

Why can't you just stick to the diarrhea jokes, Jeff? Poop is always funny!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

LastInLine posted:

As if the Grand Nagus doesn't know about commodity fetishism

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Xand_Man posted:

LOl That some boomer poo poo

ANT IF AIR
Clearly it's Anti-Fair.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Lord of Pie posted:

but we did literally lose that one

SHUT UP WE DIDN'T LOSE NOBODY LOST AMERICAN ISN'T A LOSER EVER IT WAS A TIE AND WE GAVE THEM EVERYTHING THEY WANTED.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Solidarity.
https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1302725448254869505

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1302664101567569920
Biden riots.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Don't worry, it's inclusive segregation, says right there in the group title.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Where has this meme been all my life?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/coherentstates/status/1304248540789702657

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Marx Was A Lib posted:

remember when "Never Forget" got branded on literally everything it could be branded on?

I was working at Wendy's, and they starting putting 9/11 poo poo on the takeout bags and I remember even at that young age thinking there was something macabre about using 9/11 to sell hamburders

It was definitely the marketing that crack/pinged me into realizing nobody actually cared about anything but money.

Like, everyone was so serious about the deaths and sadness, the national went through this strange time of mourning. And then they sold hamburders, and I felt like the I was the only one around who found that disgusting. Everyone else just accepted the fact that lives were forfeit to the needs of profit.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

*Nods solemnly*

Never forget.

*Bites into mini muffin*

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Jesus, so many youngsters.

I was in high school, and my immediate reaction upon the nerdiest teacher ever bursting into my math class to tell us "Someone flew a plane into the World Trade Center" was 'Oh this has to be some sort of prank.' I remember the audible gasps in the school library as we watched the second plane hit live on television. The next day, my mother hid the front page of the NYTimes from us because it was a picture of a man leaping to his death. Now, every day is a constant barrage of murder by our own police force.

It's so weird, looking back, at how easily horrified we once were.

Edit: to be clear, I lived less than an hour from Manhattan and a large % of kids had parents that worked in the area including my own who worked only a dozen or so blocks from the towers.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Man, to everyone too young to understand what happened at the time, the world must have seemed like it went loving crazy for the next few years.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

more falafel please posted:

i didnt want to watch the results so i had a date with a sex friend, when i was waiting for the bus home i checked and was very confused

"Balls deep in a friend" is probably the best answer to any "where were you when ______ happened"

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Yestermoment posted:

I was walking home from school one day and saw a biplane flying over head. I posted on gamefaqs about it and asked "i'm worried. could it be something???"

Excuse me, you are talking to one of the loudest and most annoying posters in the gamefaqs Chrono Trigger forum.

This message brought to you by a time machine.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Like, between the fact they named the evil corporation Vought, that it's founder story is obviously Werner von Braun, and hell the entire corporate image management premise, accidentally naming a character "Stormfront" and not making her a Nazi would be outright jarring. I'd initially taken the show as being a sort of homage to Watchmen but it's turning out to be way more pointed and relevant.

Watchmen was very explicitly about the cold war, so while a lot of it still remains relevant, the entire premise is very, very dated.

That said, Rorschach could just be copy/pasted into a modern comic and be a stand in for the alt right basement dwellers. poo poo, all he'd have to do is shoot up a school and he'd be perfect

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Azathoth posted:

I don't know that I've ever seen Moore state it specifically, but I thought "Rorschach" was a reference to how the character's claim to moral objectivity is completely horseshit, since it is his subjective experience that determines whether something is good or evil, and that's always shifting, just like the spots on his mask.

Whole lotta people do tell on themselves by liking him though.

Yeah, this is what I took away from it as well. Rorschach was a dude who claimed absolute moral superiority, yet it was his own hosed up brain that interpreted that morality the same way that humans bias law and morality subconsciously to their own whims.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/KatmaiNPS/status/1300475778925236226
VOTE

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

You can take your running water and ee-lec-tricity and shove it right up your little commie rear end in a top hat!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

T-man posted:

Sorry losers, liking things is now cool. Being snippy about anime is liberalism and should be left in the 90s where it belongs.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1310760226711310338

Boomer.mp4

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/Public_Citizen/status/1311380433939189760

Sound and fury signifying nothing.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

How does she always look like a wet painted skull.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

This is just a York Peppermint Patty. Wtf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1312103584419344384