Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

I would like to get the equipment to do things like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tEHkh72T2E

As for what I'm working with now, I play 15 instruments, I know theory up down left and right. I've got a decent laptop, an electric guitar with a Vypyr VIP 2 modeling amp, and a dozen acoustic instruments (all the major winds, most of the major strings).

I've done a lot of work in adobe audition and fruityloops. As it is, though, outside of playing electric guitar in a bunch of bands, my knowledge of electronic music is pretty low, and I always had someone else setting levels and stuff like that for performances.

What other equipment and programs would I need to replicate something like the above recording, live? I need a microphone, some sort of pedal system from the above video, and maybe a speaker. The VIP 2 isn't great using the line-in feature. It feeds back a lot, and it won't work at all unless something is plugged into the main cable outlet. What would you guys recommend as a good set of starting off equipment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread