Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Let's Play Razor: Freestyle Scooter

Freestyle Scooter is a Tony Hawk-like originally released on the PS1. It's an advertisement for the Razor brand of scooters, and generally the nicest thing people have to say about it is that it's playable and functions as one would expect. There are only three real levels, and then six "secret" challenges that can be completed to unlock characters. This is kind of pointless though, since all the characters control the same.

What are you doing this for?

This game is pretty weird, and I like to share weird things. Plus, it's a short game. Like, unreasonably short. The fastest Any% speedrun of this thing is just over 2 minutes, including the intro cutscene. I'm not going to be 100%ing this game either, because some of the challenges are boring or downright frustrating to complete. I will still show all of the real levels and at least a couple of the "secret" challenges, but it's still going to be an incredibly short ride.

Videos

That's everything!

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Annnd the video broke, excuse me while I reupload.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Everything is better now.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I keep staring at him and waiting for him to do mad tricks.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
You get +100 LP points for digging up this title that frankly I'm surprised even exists, and another +50 for making a reasonable approximation of their goofy Razor font.

Seeing this raises so many questions though. How many other goofy advergames fell beneath my notice growing up? Was there a similar promotional game released when the Segway launched? Please tell me that there was.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
This was one of several Tony Hawk clones released around the same time as Pro Skater 2 that used an extreme sport that wasn't skateboarding. I believe that there was at least one BMX game of this nature as well.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Cathode Raymond posted:

You get +100 LP points for digging up this title that frankly I'm surprised even exists, and another +50 for making a reasonable approximation of their goofy Razor font.

Seeing this raises so many questions though. How many other goofy advergames fell beneath my notice growing up? Was there a similar promotional game released when the Segway launched? Please tell me that there was.

There was no extreme Segway videogame to my knowledge, and this was the only sports game to feature non-motorized scooters. There was one with motorized scooters, though, called Whirl Tour. And that one kind of kicks rear end.

Chimera-gui posted:

This was one of several Tony Hawk clones released around the same time as Pro Skater 2 that used an extreme sport that wasn't skateboarding. I believe that there was at least one BMX game of this nature as well.

Dave Mirra's BMX games were relatively popular, if that's what you mean.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

This was one of a few shovelware titles I remember owning and enjoying as a child. I seem to also recall it being a mildly buggy mess that refused to keep save data properly.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

LogicalFallacy posted:

This was one of a few shovelware titles I remember owning and enjoying as a child. I seem to also recall it being a mildly buggy mess that refused to keep save data properly.

That thing about the save data? Yeah, that's true. But it's not like the game is long enough for it to matter.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

We're done here, wrap it up

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
That kid falling off the sky course to his death is horrifying.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Cathode Raymond posted:

That kid falling off the sky course to his death is horrifying.

I like that the camera changes mid-fall to make it worse.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Dave Mirra's BMX games were relatively popular, if that's what you mean.

That's the one I remember existing around that time though Acclaim did another BMX game a few years later called BMX XXX which was, to quote SF Debris: "For people who can't get enough of bicycle riding and big boobs". Rather hilariously though, it was the PS2 version that got censored rather than the GameCube version.

I also remember playing an extreme sports racing game called 3Xtreme as a kid which fairly fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Chimera-gui posted:

That's the one I remember existing around that time though Acclaim did another BMX game a few years later called BMX XXX which was, to quote SF Debris: "For people who can't get enough of bicycle riding and big boobs". Rather hilariously though, it was the PS2 version that got censored rather than the GameCube version.

I also remember playing an extreme sports racing game called 3Xtreme as a kid which fairly fun.

There was also a 1Xtreme and 2Xtreme, which used sprites instead of 3d models, which was kinda weird. BMX XXX was supposed to be a Dave Mirra game, but the license was dropped in favor of the adult angle. Which, honestly, was a lot funnier and more creative in my opinion.

• Locked thread