Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Given that Vinter is dead as a doornail I do not think there is much need to worry about that happening!

Dead? That's a Cygnar problem. Gaspy is dead too, doesn't slow him down. Vinter for next Cryx caster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

fnordcircle posted:

It's more to do with the number of people who get bummed out when a new book comes out sans new stuff for CoC. We had a guy rage quit over it.

Faction identity is completely a thing, and people will definitely start to get grumpy about a stagnant faction while other armies are getting toys. I know I basically quit 40k when that faction alliance grid thing was unveiled and I was the guy with Tyranids and Dark Eldar.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Kithkar posted:

That may be true, but its also been something that PP has been upfront about CoC since the beginning about, and I also think releasing more standalone factions would be interesting than the forever creep of the main 9 + mercs and minions, especially if the upcoming faction is added onto that.

I'd be curious to see if the reason that they haven't really pushed out more CoC is because of that original plan, or because the guy that was the driving force behind their look was moved to a different role in the company. We'll probably know when that scarecrow army becomes a real thing.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Pyrolocutus posted:

Really, I wish they'd get around to giving the CoC players at least a new warcaster. Between the new bent a warcaster usually brings, and the CoC thing with MAT/RAT inheriting, just that could shake up the faction decently.

I feel like the perfect opportunity is on them right now. The battleboxes of this edition are all "a new caster and a new collection of old jacks" and so their investment would be fairly small. A new ranged caster (maybe that walking planetarium guy from the card game) with two of those hover heavies and a repair jack would be amazing. Just put it in Battlebox wave two with the minions and the dwarves and so on.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 12, 2016

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

waah posted:

He did say this, which is directly related to the earlier discussion about Convergence.

Systemmastery is me so that's gratifying.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

People have inherently chosen the worst web platform to shill on for forever. Remember all those politicians delivering heartfelt speeches to actively banging furries on SL?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I just cracked the Cryx battlebox to start pinkening some Cryx like I like to do, and Agathea is freakin' enormous. For someone on a small base she's like the size of Gaspy2.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Forzelt posted:

Cyrx, cryx, legion(?!), cryx

That's the hellmaw or something. Hellmouth is a rad Denny spell that turns a dude into a vortex that pulls people in from 3" away before blowing up in an AOE 3.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

rkajdi posted:

OK, some quick rules questions that I think we screwed up this weekend :

1. What is affected by deceleration? I have my PG thinking I should get the ARM bonus against stuff with the magical attack icon. I'm 90% sure that's wrong though. The real quextionis what constitutes a "magic attack damage roll". I'm thinking that only attacks using your fury/focus/magic ability to roll to hit. Is that correct? That also creates an odd situation where certain attacks from spells like cyclone or flashing blade don't qualify for the ARM bonus.

2. For a Reaper, if it pulls off the drag attack, it lists that it gets an attack and then can make additional attacks. My question is do you get to make your full initial attacks of a helldiver and tusks and then start buying attacks, or does it go from its extra attack from Drag to buying extra attacks with focus? I'm thinking it's the latter, but I'm not sure enough to say something without some backup.

1. Magic Attacks are either spells or special effect (like star actions) that generally work the same as ranged attacks. If they aren't spells, they will tell you that they are Magic Attacks.

2. The good interpretation. You get a free attack then all your initials and then you can buy more if you want.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

What's a good list two caster if your list one is Helynna? I've always been partial to Rahn and Ossyan but I don't know how they look in the MK3 environment.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

On the topic of Ossyan, how are those Vyre Electromancers? I like the look of their cool focus limiting attack but I'm always leery of buying small groups of fragile dudes.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

Haha, trying to support my smaller FLGS that I actually play at more often with a moderate ret order. Alliance did not have a single model in stock.

The owner is in the process of updating the stores account with abd or whatever they are called and it sounds like he may have more luck getting the stuff from them at least. He is going to be finally getting his mk3 stuff from them, since alliance is still not able to supply it. He suspects alliance was blacklisted by PP for something, possibly violating that new discount policy with someone.

Discount Games is out of all the good elves right now too. Same with Miniature Market. Think there may just be a shortage.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

My local store doesn't really bother with keeping a good stock of WMH, so yesterday I bought out their entire stock of Ret. The new battle box, an extra Shyeel heavy, and Kaelyssa. I had been planning to go Helynna/Ossyan with the new army but I felt bad leaving just one sad little warcaster representing a while faction. So, what do I do with Kaelyssa in MK3?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

PaintVagrant posted:

Can someone post elaras feat please?

Friendly models/units in her control range gain Ghostly and Boundless Charge for one round.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

GoodBee posted:

They've got to put something in that Merc book. How about Ashlynn2, Caine3, Gorton2, and Magnus3. Oh, and Gastone2. That's an rear end load of casters though.

Ditch Magnus in exchange for a pirate though. Even Broader Sides Bart please and thank you.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

S.J. posted:

I want Cygnar Magnus 3 so drat bad

That's fine, then he can go be in the Cygnar book and leave room for pirates and dwarves.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Okay PP, you sold me on elves, now would you please stock them? I've checked all three stores in my neighborhood and the usual websites and it's official that Arcanists, Vyre jacks, and the baggie of Discordia bits are officially gone everywhere, and for long enough that gouging has started on Amazon, where the Discordia upgrade is running 50 bucks.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Charles Get-Out posted:

It has all my favorite characters like Sorschay, Strakoyv, the Butcher of Kayrdov, Karcheyv. And don't forget that badass Drakuyn!

Man, really looking forward to all these new Ret casters I haven't heard of.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I have this theory that Elara might really like hanging out with Mage Hunter Assassins. Also Narn.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Got my Aiakos and Elara today. Other than Elara having a sort of silly way of holding her double polearm thing and vaguely wishing that Aiakos was a little more different than his first incarnation, I love these. Fantasic sculpts. I've been toying with running Elara as a Mage Hunter loyalist with a bunch of the cool Mage Hunter stuff, like the Assasins, Narn, and Eiryss3 leading a MHSF. Toss in Lanyssa and the potential for downtown assassinations gets pretty intense.

Random question, did any of the upgraded juniors keep any of their original spells?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

PaintVagrant posted:

If a TO banned those I would take him aside and have a nice dad chat, thats not the spirit of PLAYING LIKE YOUVE GOT A PAIR (of extra mm of base size)

This overly aggressive and sexist language has been removed from MK3. The new tagline is PLAY LIKE YOU HAVE SINGLE PAYER HEALTHCARE.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

"We have significant plans for Convergence" I believe is the full extent of the statement.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I assume they'll be a real faction with two gargs before PP releases more ret Arcanists.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Do you have PM?

Can't speak to the other guy but I do and I want that.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

mp5 posted:

I'm excited as h*ck for the next KingdomCon and that's almost entirely due to the community of Warmachine people who end up making the trek every year.

Hell yeah buddy but I'm really more excited for it because of Drunkquest.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

mp5 posted:

The one and only time I played Drunkquest there (2015), I sat next to someone who was pregaming with a bottle of wine.

naturally he didn't make it through DQ

I won my table and woke up with someone's vape in my pocket. Still not sure what happened there. Our table also had three people bring extra drinks since apparently they run out sometimes.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

TheInvisiblePooka posted:

To put this back on track, my FLGS has a running inside joke that Mk.3 is end times, and is currently awaiting the fourth caster of the apocalypse. The three others are Old Witch, 4Shade, and Tri-Caine.

My money is on Haley and Denny merging into a super caster.

My hope is for every Cryx caster to go back where they came from. Gaspy4 is a Circle guy, Mortenebra goes back to Convergence, Sturgis3 goes back to Cygnar, Terminus and Skarre become a warcaster unit that works exclusively with the Merc pirates, Even Venethrax decides that Everblight makes some good points and joins the Legion. Eventually it boils down to just the Coven and they reveal they've been Grymkin all along. Fin.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I snagged Gyyrshyld or whatever at Kingdom Con this weekend, now I need to figure out what to do with him.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

mp5 posted:

I bought five Dervishes. The new sculpt rules and KingdomCon was awesome

Hell yes it was. I punished at Drunk Quest this year. Won my table, our table won loudest table, and then I also won a raffle though I was barely able to walk to the stage to claim the drat thing.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Excelsiortothemax posted:

The blockhouse is advanced deployment by another name (to stop themes loving with it)

That's your CID digest! Enjoy!

This here is the thing that worries me most about current design. Pretty soon we'll see bunches of stuff with super AD, and then the theme with super AD removal. If they think that AD removal was a problem that needs addressing, intruding a new rule that supersedes it is more complex than just removing it as a thing in the first place.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

And the Commodore Cannon(oh wait it never had it). But what would be even more efficient than coming up with a list of units that have AD and "need" AD would be not creating a system where AD is routinely taken away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Ashcans posted:

Hopefully the Marchers have less of the Lost Cause aura/nostalgia about them.

You'll love our first named Warjack, the Merrimack!