Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
That's why I think I'll pass on the Legion box. I already have the old one and AiO box, so the only interesting thing is the caster. However, Trolls and Skorne are interesting. However I have Khador, Legion and Mercenary armies to grow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

In keeping with the Age of Cygnar rules, if during your upkeep phase you can come up with witty cop movie banter between them, boost all their damage rolls?

Oh wait, wrong game.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Okay, I now want to build a Magnus army. Guy is cooler than I thought. I just own one Nomad as far as mercenary jacks go. Whelp.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

chutche2 posted:

Now that I have my battlebox, what the gently caress is with kozlov's sculpt?

Why is his cape just dangling from one of his shoulders and upper arm and not on his back? The entire weight of it is just flapping around from his arm, and it has scaled armor on the back like an IFK cape.

It's like he's carrying around a shower curtain with metal sewn into one side of it.

That's actually kind of similar of a real life way of wearing a cloak, cavalier style.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

rkajdi posted:

Mercs are way easier to play now, since contracts are gone. The only things that mix poorly right now are Cephalyx, who need to be in their theme to be used, and this theme excludes most other merc stuff (2 units of normal mercs can be taken with a Cephalyx attachment) You also can't use Rulic jacks on a non-Rulic caster and vice versa. Otherwise, the field is wide open right now. You have lost theme lists (Bad Seeds) for the moment, but that is coming back in the near future in the theme books.

My local hobby shop is dumping their MKII battle boxes for $20 today. It's obviously worthwhile for my wife's circle ($20 gets you a Feral & Kaya) but I'm not sure if $20 is worth it for the old Ret one to get another standard chassis heavy. Does anyone online sell bits for Warmachine, in specific the Ret heavy kit? If I can get a dual Manticore/Hydra for $20 that seems worthwhile even if I don't need Kaelyssa or the lights.

drat son. I wish there was something like that over there. Best I have is wayland for about 30e plus shipping. :negative:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

What's the consensus over the circle and Skorne one? And the Cygnar one? Asking for a friend.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Anyone got an opinion on this?
War Room Army

Khador - Strakhov's Skirmishers

Theme: No Theme Selected
35 / 35 Army

Kommander Oleg Strakhov - WJ: +28
- Decimator - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Juggernaut - PC: 12 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)

Iron Fang Kovnik - PC: 4

Assault Kommandos - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
Iron Fang Pikemen - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
- Iron Fang Pikemen Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
Widowmaker Scouts - Leader & 3 Grunts: 8

---

GENERATED : 07/06/2016 15:55:32
BUILD ID : 2021.16-06-25

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Because I just impulse purchased the Kovnik, and I have yet to decide how to paint my IF for July's Oath.
Thanks for your advices!
E: re the Warjacks, I also own another Juggernaut, Destroyer, Spriggan, and Beast 09.

Iceclaw fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 6, 2016

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Well, there is a precedent of overwhelming armies invading weaker countries and getting a surrender in short order, only for the situation to turn into a living nightmare when insurgents blending in the population start roaming at night and slaughtering the occupying forces. See also: Russia during Napoléon, France and other countries under the Nazis, Afghanistan and Irak right now.
Of course it's rather callous to sacrifice allies, but that's a cygnaran tradition by that point.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Back when I said I impulse purchased the IF Kovnik, I forgot to mention the Assault Commandos and Strekhov. I'm perusing his cards along with what I own and sweet Morrow the possibilities. :smithicide:
I'll have fun when I'll be all painted out.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Pre priming!

I'm debating to call the Juggernaut "YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GEARS" or "Where is your dragondad now? :smug:"

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

gannyGrabber posted:

Yeah Khador is the best.
:yeah:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Oh dear. My FLGS is cutting prices 15% accross the board (save for the MK3 stuff, which is just 10%) in celebration of our crushing victory against Ze Germans. Dissuade me from purchasing Behemoth, goons, please!

Iceclaw fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jul 8, 2016

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Luebbi posted:

As a Cygnar player, I find Behemoth to be overpowered. Furthermore,

:goonsay:

I asked for dissuasion, not temptation, goddammit!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Crossposting from the Oath Thread.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

SERPUS posted:

It may just be my meta, but Malekus has proved pretty enjoyable this last week. I'm running what could be considered a gimmick list: everything does fire damage and either has continuous fire or crit continuous fire.

I hear laughter coming from my Strekhov blister and AK box. Must be my imagination. I mean I didn't even opened them yet :negative:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Luebbi posted:

Crossposting my Gatormen Posse from the Oath Thread...

while the actual painting process was very easy, getting to the scheme was not. I planned on doing the back scales like that from the get go, and wanted the skin yellow; that ended up looking awful. Next up, I painted one guy in a very light brown; that ended up looking boring. I finally settled on going all in on the green, but with two different techniques. Sadly, the skin tone isn't as different from the back scales as I would like, but I'm happy with the result.

As for how to paint them, I spraypainted white and put on two more thin white coats to make them very shiny white. I then washed the entire model yellow. The back scales then got two green washes and a sepia wash - done! No highlighting needed, the yellow from the very first wash still shines through, I really like the effect. First read that technique here on these forums, someone uses it to paint ork skin.

The actual scales where also washed yellow, then two very thin, almost washlike coats of the lightes green I had lying around (I think army painter goblin green), followed by a green wash. The polearm wood is also a very thinned brown, just one coat, nothing else. I really like this painting style, it's quick and yields good result for people who can't highlight well.

Now that I've got them painted up... any Skorne or Legion casters who run them particularly well? I'm afraid I will just put them in the case for now :/

Them be nice gators. I need to get some of those. Maybe when I finished my Khador project, my backlog of Legion, expanded on the Steelheads, and painted that Mk2 BB Trollblood I'getting for 50% off of my FLGS.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Wizard Styles posted:

I think Hordes looks worse than Warmachine but, yeah, if you own both why would you play Hordes right now? Warmachine is the system that got the exciting changes.

I think in terms of rules quality Circle is more or less the same as it was. You've got some really amazing poo poo and tons of garbage. I think there are more competitive heavies now and the Woldwrath is good and seemingly well-positioned for Mk3, though, which is a big deal because Circle's units still aren't that good and none of them are what you'd ever really see as the core of a list. I still expect Stalkers to make most lists, but there are more possible ways to go than in Mk2 imo.

If the meta shakes out like it currently looks I wouldn't expect to see an amazing amount of list variety, because if you need to be capable of handling both gunlines and box spam in the shape of a jack wall/beast brick your options are limited.

I wouldn't say it look worse. Just same as before. I first heard from this game by looking at a Cygnar Battlebox that sticked out from a friend back pack at some fanfilm shooting. He pitched me as "Skirmish with robot wrestling". I went to a hobby store after more than 9 years of break. I wanted to pick Mercenaries because I like the whole "Soldiers of fortune" thing they have going on, but there wasn't any battlebox for them. Then my gaze fell on two giant robots in red in a snowy setting.
Then the reality of Mk2 Khador ensued. I got a bit of legion on the side. Now I'm planning to take two, sometime even three jacks! In Khador!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Wizard Styles posted:

Isn't Acosta like the personal avatar of that one author that basically shits out Red Pill manifestos in genre fiction form?

Yeah, that's kinda it, though. Warmachine got a bigger boost than Hordes. I feel like Hordes needs a solid amount of solo/Minion releases and some buffs to its units to make up for Power Up right now. Fwiw I like what PP did with Legion, taking away their fury management but making more units playable. I can't judge if they buffed the units enough but that's a good direction imo.

Fair enough, although a base POW 8 unit won't really shake the faction's overall reliance on its heavies.

Hordes as a system did not need it though. Some faction may have and still do, but overall Beasts and Fury were a lot more attractive. I mean, come on, your usual Horde list had about as much beasts 'Jack heavy list had Warjacks. Warmachine infantry evened that out, but overall, Warmachine got a boost it needed.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

That just means he doesn't lift like Amon does.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Black on red is a cool colour set. Nice!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Mugaaz posted:

Crosspost from painting thread:

Troll status: better than I could do! Good job. I like it!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Mine were in good condition. However, what are those faction and painting leaflets? Mine had the rulebook, dices, focus token, a template for a wall, the playmat and a cardboard ruler.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Okay. Either it's a mispack, or Victoria Games, which handles WMH's "translation" and distribution in my country blows even more than I thought. :(
Between that and that mispack from Guildball whose reimplacement parcel ended up being lost I think I'm kind of cursed.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fyrbrand posted:

I kind of want to play Menoth?!?

gently caress

I kinf og want to play very faction sooo...

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

rydiafan posted:

Are you having a stroke?

Just phone posting in a bumpy commute.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

I wonder, would Yuri and a Manhunter be useful under Viscout or Strakhov? I got the models but never fielded them.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Just done my IFP leader, pretty pleased with the result, especially the pose.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Guys, I have hit a snag:

I'm out of room for my minis! And I have at least twenty five more to come! :negative:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

I'm... less than thrilled by Malakov2. I mean, he seems rather good at setting up a warrior model for an assassination run and that's about it, but otherwise, meh.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah. :smith:
Is Harkevich still as interesting as wet bread, as well?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Even Steelheads Cavalry? :smith:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

gannyGrabber posted:

Steelhead cav are good in a defensive list, I would think. Maybe with gorten? Solid ground to stop the halbs from being blasted off the table, then landslide your opponent into you and go to town with that delicious flank bonus. Could be fun!

Bu... but my Steelheads theme list :smith:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

chutche2 posted:

So because of minimarket's summer sale, I now own alexia1.

What kind of mischief can they get into with valachev? Spell warded, so no upkeeps or battle lust or anything. So what feats and other stuff go well with them?

Unlike total obedience, Irusk1's feat doesn't specify living and so could clog the field with supertough jams. Malakov can give them prowl or backstab, and have a huge amount of sucker targets. Zerkova2 can give them two zephyrs and a free craft thrall, or a zephyr and a charge. And sacrificial lamb doesn't target so can be used on risen.. Anyone else that could work with them?

Cheers for the headup about the sale.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

If you win on deathclock, there's usually a fair chance the gap between your opponent and you is large enough so that you'd flatten them anyhow.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

So I impulse purchased a Mangler. Still need to magnetise my Heavy chassis. In the meantime, how would that list fare?
War Room Army

Mercenary - Damiano's crew

Theme: No Theme Selected
15 / 15 Army

Captain Damiano - WJ: +28
- Mangler - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 15)
- Nomad - PC: 11 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)

Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye - PC: 4
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One - PC: 4

Steelhead Halberdiers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7

---

GENERATED : 08/25/2016 14:38:24
BUILD ID : 2023.16-07-31

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Well, I got a few mercs for my Kahdor, including the Nyss Hunters, A&H and Eyriss1 among others. I thought of Kell too, but he's 5 points, not 4, sadly. A full stack of Halbs was also considered, but wouldn't it leave me without any shooting?
Thanks for your advices!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Thing is, I can't remove anything, because both jacks all I own for mercs, and removing Old Nick would be pretty crippling for the Steelheads.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Current starters are cool and good. However, there's no starter box for Mercs, alas, though there are official lists for them, you just have to purchase them separatly and lose over the good deal a starter offers. Khador are cool and good, and definitely got great changes in the recently released MK3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

I think the best part is that you made a Trump voter mad.