Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
High Exemplar Kreoss - WJ: +29
- Reckoner - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Reckoner - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
- Redeemer - PC: 11
- Redeemer - PC: 11

Vassal of Menoth - PC: 3
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 4
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios - PC: 7
Anastasia di Bray - PC: 3

Exemplar Errants - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4
Knights Exemplar - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9

Gonna toss this at S.J.'s blue boys tonight. I think I got this. I ain't afraid of no stormnouns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

S.J. posted:

Good game, dude! Holy poo poo Sword Knights + Rhupert are just god drat mean.

Even without Rhupert. 8's to hit when you're mat 7. That was depressing. Having them tar pit and devour a unit of errants and knights was unexpected to say the least. I expected them to be poo poo like in MkII.

Also, I am really bad at this game now. I shouldn't have taken like 4 years off. To be fair I was bad before but I was playing Cygnar during MkII and I was too proud to play either Haley.

I think I'll swap in indrians and see how they do. Also I won't totally waste Kreoss's feat.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jul 1, 2016

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Fyrbrand posted:

Mountain King is good now and I'm just not sure how to handle that you guys

Buy two, never paint or fully assemble them.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Really wanna run this but I'm afraid no one will play with me ever again.

Hierarch Severius - WJ: +26
- Hierophant - PC: 3
- Templar - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 15)
- Templar - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)
- Templar - PC: 15
- Blessing of Vengeance - PC: 13

Wrack - PC: 1

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4
Idrian Skirmishers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide - Chieftain & Guide: 5

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

mp5 posted:

give one of those jacks a gun, hashtag menoth awareness

Yeah I could drop a Templar and a Wrack and put in a Reckoner in.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

PaintVagrant posted:

So here is why high reclaimer is loving nuts in mk3:

- sac lamb + power boost = reckoners and redeemer all have 2 focus for the cost of 1 TFG or choir guy. Even with the choir nerf thats a LOT of boosted shots. Reckoner went to base pow 14, so pow 16 now.

-Hand of Fated Idrians. The play seems to be prey their caster, because hand of fate fixes their rat enough to kill whatever they need WITHOUT prey. Then the feat/HOF assassination is always in play, and it will keep their caster out of the game, or they just die.

-HR feat is d3+5 dudes. They activate normally, no sac combat action restrictions or anything. They get placed in control, in formation, no other restrictions. So its pretty easy to feat back 6-8 idrians in aim or walk and shoot range of their caster. If your opponent didnt kill enough to make that work, kill them yourself before HR activates and feats.

The math on this is pretty good, single shots are rat 7 pow 13, hand of fate effect. So, a 15/16 caster with 3 camp is the target. Assuming I get 8 idrian shots, I hit on 8's with hand of fate, which is probably in the ballpark of 65% to hit (I think). Damage rolls are at -3, with hof that is probably ~5 damage per hit. So if I hit 6 times, you spend your 3 camp and then take about 15 damage and are probably very close to death.

That doesn't account for the fact that high reclaimer can do lots of spell damage before the idrians activate, and my list has 2 reckoners and a redeemer. If one of the reckoners hits you first, youre turbo dead because its a boosted 16 and your now flared.
I havent had a real assassination caster in PoM that I enjoyed playing , but HR is sickkkkk

Don't you have to make sure at least a few troopers in the unit remain alive? He can't bring back dudes in a unit that was wiped off the table right?

Also why the book in mk3? That thing is garbage.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 10, 2016

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Kithkar posted:

So apparently the Warmachine upgraded juniors are all getting collectors boxes pre releases at gen con.

How do you make a dude with a name like "Tristan" seem intimidating? Tristan isn't driving war jacks. He's woofing down orange slices at half time, getting a side stitch 5 minutes into the second half, falling over clutching his side before vomiting up said orange slices. His helicopter mom then immediately calls an ambulance because nothing like his has ever happened to poor perfect little Tristan before.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Can a Menoth veteran explain to me what good the Sanctifier is? Do you just use them against Cryx? What gives?

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Nope. Definitely not. It is definitely the name most associated with violin practice, gluten intolerance and ADHD medication.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I've never even seen or met a kid named Tristan, I think you just have a complex around this. He's literally one of the most important and well known fictional knights that isn't King Artur or Lancelot.

I think I'm joking about the stupid names millennials give their kids.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

The Bee posted:

Okay, looking over the model ranges, I'm thinking Legion might be my favorites. Especially if I can get lots of stumpy, eyeless little guys and swarm the field in ugly-cuteness.

What kinda color schemes do you think would go well with them?

I think hot/cold color schemes look really cool on legion. Like a cool grayish blue for the armor plate and a strong orange for the flesh.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Khisanth Magus posted:

And then your name your Thagrosh Hot Coldman.

Convert him dunking some nerd in a wheel chair down some steps.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Serotonin posted:

In celebration of my newfound love Helyanna, here's the (painted part) of my undefeated 75 point list.

One day I'm gonna have a painted model. One day...

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Fyrbrand posted:

My warlocks won't even fit in my photobox, lollers

Color correction went wonky in that second image, jeez.

Noice.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

fnordcircle posted:

gently caress Ret imo

This. Also Cygnar.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Saalkin posted:

I'm thinking about running this the next time I play. Thoughts?
75 / 75 Army

Warwitch Deneghra - WJ: +28
- Harrower - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Harrower - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Deathripper - PC: 6
- Deathripper - PC: 6
- Shrike - PC: 6

Pistol Wraith - PC: 5
Soul Trapper - PC: 1
Warwitch Siren - PC: 4
Warwitch Siren - PC: 4
Machine Wraith - PC: 2

Steelhead Riflemen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 14
Steelhead Riflemen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 14
Satyxis Gunslingers - Leader & 2 Grunts: 7

---

GENERATED : 07/24/2016 23:59:19
BUILD ID : 2022.16-07-07

This makes me angry just looking at it. Good work.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

moths posted:

For Cryx at least, the caster is definitely a different blend than the warjacks. With the jacks, you can scrape moldlines clean, but the softer material in the caster feathers when you try to clean it up.

I doubt it's actually a different blend. It's probably just good ole fashion manufacturing inconsistency.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

fnordcircle posted:

Sometimes I'm like, that S.J is one of my best internet buddies and then you do something like this and make me so. mad.

You don't have to play into his bullshit every week IRL.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Will hungerford has to guess what models have?

The designspace is so vast not even the hungry man knows it's true dimensions.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

albany academy posted:

You could say I've had TWO eggs on my face this morning

You've got :10bux:

Make some dreams come true.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Got a "bonus" at work that was paid out in Amazon Gift Cards so I decided to blow it on warmans including my boy Big Rezzy. What do we think?

Servath Reznik, Wrath of Ages - WJ: +29
- Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan - PC: 4
- Scourge of Heresy - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Templar - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
- Devout - PC: 9

Vassal Mechanik - PC: 1
Vassal Mechanik - PC: 1

Idrian Skirmishers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide - Chieftain & Guide: 5
Choir of Menoth - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
Flame Bringers - Leader & 4 Grunts: 17

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

S.J. posted:

gently caress that list. I'm excited to play against it.

Pfft. I'm not running that into Cygnar. Too many magic guns.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Our PG does a lot, and it's often a thankless job. Our playgroup got together and commissioned Steve Suanders, the original sculptor of the tharn wolf riders, to sculpt our PG. Then I painted it.

This is amazing.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

gannyGrabber posted:

Tabled my opponent, got assassinated from 19" away by Denny3 because I forgot to reposition a dude to block it. Hurray for 14 focus warcasters that get to cast 2 spells for free.

This game :(

This is actually my favorite thing about Warmachine. poo poo's unpredictable.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

S.J. posted:

Someone had to leave before the last round of the launch event Saturday, so I borrowed the models a circle player wasn't using from his eKaya list and proxied the others. My opponent left two scytheans just inside a 12" zone while my feral and stalker were just outside of it on the opposite end. Hunter's mark one, dog pile the other, pop feat and the stalker rolled 5 5 6 on his charge damage and my opponent just went 'well that's the game'.

It really was. Two dead scytheans for a total of four fury on my beasts.

Gah, sorry I missed it, I would loved to have seen the look on the legion player's face. Baby (that's me, a big, grumpy baby) needed a nap after the nightshift. I tried to power through but I passed out watching Netflix.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Are AK's any good these days? I have a full unit plus full flamethrowers for them apparently and I was wondering if they were of any use. Since I can't find my dooms or my IFP which I know I have somewhere, they are the only real large infantry unit I own for Khador right now (that and a full unit of Kayazi I guess). For warcasters I have Butcher, Butcher2, Zerkova, Irusk, Vlad2 and Karchev if that makes a difference.

I have no idea but they are all wearing kickin' rad gas masks so you should run them regardless.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

S.J. posted:

Tristan solves your MAT problem as it turns out

The free focus every turn solves our MAT problems. The official forums are a goddamn dumpster fire.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

S.J. posted:

If someone is willing to buy Jakes for 50 dollars I will sell it to them

I thought you jerks were misspelling Jacks for the last three pages. I was so confused.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

theironjef posted:

Okay PP, you sold me on elves, now would you please stock them? I've checked all three stores in my neighborhood and the usual websites and it's official that Arcanists, Vyre jacks, and the baggie of Discordia bits are officially gone everywhere, and for long enough that gouging has started on Amazon, where the Discordia upgrade is running 50 bucks.

Will work 4 Sunburst Crews.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

I'm starting to think that Khador might be the most mispronounced faction in wargaming history.

Kah-dor?

Kay-door?

Potato?

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Khisanth Magus posted:

I generally am not big on sharing pics of my paint jobs because they suck, but...

She's anime as gently caress.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Floppychop posted:

My FLGS is doing the Full Steam release event this weekend (scheduling conflicts didn't let it get closer the actual Mk3 release).

Since it's a strictly fun event, and there's the battlegroup only achievement, I'm debating how terrible of an idea this will be.

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points

(Karchev 1) Karchev the Terrible [+30]
- Behemoth [24]
- Devastator [14]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Mad Dog [7]
- Marauder [10]
- Ruin [17]
- Kodiak [13]
- Berserker [8]

Not enough berserkers. You need like 14 of them.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Nighttheii posted:

I'd rather see less re-sculpts and more models that have been in the books with no model for years now.

I painted my celestial fulcrum.

The whole thing is nice. The gems are especially purdy.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

S.J. posted:

TBF it depends more on the model release schedule than the book release schedule. Can't use a Grolar if they haven't made one :v:

Hellmouth, Ghetorix, Riflemen and Black 13th hit retail today. The two player boxes I believe are in two weeks.

You haven't got any insider FLGS info on when we should expect reprints of existing models have you? I need another sunburst, I need it bad man. Real bad.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

rkajdi posted:

That's what I was thinking, but the stories about local areas just dying and a bunch of people publicly rage quitting gives me shivers of WFB 8th. I think it was the best edition of WFB and got back to the main premise (big units fighting each other) but somehow it scared so many local groups away from it and died in the End Times dumpster fire. I guess I'm just a little gunshy is all.

I hear that. We have a couple of toxic dudes in our meta that go out of their way to poison the Warmachine well around here. It's frustrating as hell. You can play your dumb steampunk football, let us have our dumb steampunk robots.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

S.J. posted:

Apparently not! They can't seem to stand the fact that people are still playing. Couple it with some individuals being bitter about not understanding how game stores actually have to operate to stay in business and I've had a pretty great 2016 :v:

It'll be okay buddy. We'll get through this together.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

GoodBee posted:

We've got a big group still playing and making plans for WarMachine Weekend.

Gah, I wanna go back to Warmachine Weekend. I went to the first one when it was being held at Metagames and never made it back. Won my only coin there. Stupid friends getting married, eating up all my vacation time.

albany academy posted:

Mk3 is good and cool.

Yup.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Aug 12, 2016

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

S.J. posted:

Let's do it.

Maybe next year. All my vacation time is gone and I work that Saturday and Sunday.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Literally The Worst posted:

after careful consideration ive decided that horgle plus a bunch of pyre trolls is real fuckin neato

After careful consideration and no play testing I've decided that trolls are a bunch of broken garbage and I'm quitting and burning my warmans. A bloo a bloo a bloo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Pounded In The Butt By My Narrative Campaign-Developed Miniature Wargaming Model

Which warman would you put up your butt?