Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Couple fluff corrections:

1) As of MK3 Leto is no longer king of Cygnar, he abdicated in favor of Vinter's son, Julius.
2) The Iosan gods didn't die when the bridge exploded. They were all alive, and led their people to the west out of the wasteland. After the elves settled down in Ios, all of the gods left to go try and find a way back to their own realm because them being on Caen was loving things up. All but 2 of them died in their wanderings, coincidently at the same time that Tharmar gifted humans the ability to use magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PaintVagrant posted:

Canadians are a flighty, gooselike people

Hey, geese are mean as hell and will kick your rear end if they feel threatened.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Alpha Phoenix posted:

:allears:

Also some upcoming stuff is in war room fwiw.

The only stuff I know of in war room is the models added in Prime/Primal. Are there others now?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
The flank thing is dumb, but I don't see it as too detrimental to Vryos1s feat to be ragequitting over it. So far I've mainly used the feat for armor cracking, and with the +2 MAT from flank my warjacks don't need to worry about missing anyways against what I am going after on that turn. I guess if I'm trying to use it to kill a camped butcher I may want to knock him down first? I guess it could also be useful against menoth for enlivened jacks, but taking 2 4 dice damage rolls(charge and flank and then free strike and flank) is going to gently caress them up anyways.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

rantmo posted:

Awesome on the attaching, boo on the tipping over. I'm having that problem with Kromac's beast form actually because I set it off-center on his base. Filling the back half with greenstuff, it turns out, doesn't offset the weight at all. I'll have to get strategical with setting the standard bearer on the base.

You really need some type of weight to offset to heavy models. Fishing weights are good, and if you get the really small ones you should be able to fill the underside of the base.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Gearhead posted:

I'm not sure it's possible to be more oppressive than Gaspy2 other than turning loose the former emperor of Cygnar as a statted model.

Given that Vinter is dead as a doornail I do not think there is much need to worry about that happening!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Blood of Kings spoilers I've already kind of spoiled book is about vinter returning and culminates with a vinter + rebels + feora vs Cygnar army with king Leto, Stryker, siege, kraye and Caine + mercs following Magnus and vinters son. Magnus knows how to destroy the armor that makes vinter essentially immortal. Long story short, vinter dies, Leto gives up the throne, and Caine leaves Cygnar because he seriously pissed off cygnar head spymaster/assassin

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Magres posted:

Anything big happen with Feora?

she set a lot of people on fire then got a verbal beat down and more or less dragged off by kreoss who was very pissed. Thyra had fun repeatedly shanking Caine though, so PoM didn't have a completely wasted trip!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Have my new ret box assembled. I just said gently caress it and built it normal and will just have to buy a new kit for Discordia. Do you generally need to wash PP plastics before priming? I've always done it in the past, but it would be nice to be able to skip that step.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

rkajdi posted:

Quick question: With new models, should I be expecting to get MKIII cards for stuff that's been ordered since the transition? If not, is there any kind of program to get the cards for them, like during the MKII transition? I like playing with cards and not war room, but I don't feel like paying an extra $20 tax on getting Lynissa Ryssal for my Ret.

Anything already in the store(unless they got the release kit that had the replacement cards) or distributor's stocks will still have the mk2 card, but anything produced after will have mk3 cards.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

FrostyPox posted:

RE: The Blood of Kings chat Why does Magnus team up with Stryker to stop Vinter? I thought Magnus was on Vinter's side. I actually haven't read much fluff outside of the Mk II rulebook and the Cygnar Faction Book, so I'm pretty behind.

vinter went super paranoid and had Magnus totrured by a skorne paingiver to find out if he had betrayed vinter

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

rkajdi posted:

Don't know if the LGS got the release kit in, but it's going to piss me off a bit if I have to start carrying war room around with me to play. The point of cards is that you can buy the figures and use them straight out, and now that's ruined for god knows how long, since distributors will be carrying old stock for. I'm sure it's great if you have an LGS worth a gently caress near you, but all I have in town is a crappy board/card shop that is dumbly stocking the wrong stuff for WMH-- lots of books and paint sets but next to no actual things you'd use to play the drat game. Is there no way to directly get stuff via PP if your LGS sucks?

I know in mk2 PP would replace any mk1 cards for free through the missing parts thing. Not sure whether that is true in mk3, although I'd hope it is.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I so want Helios with Helynna. Between the ROF3 tractor beam and her ranged weapon that is 12" of non-linear movement you can force on an enemy model(provided they all hit).

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

fnordcircle posted:

Yeah lore dump everything. I need some sort of summary of the IK lore like a goon did for GW End times.

Would anyone be interested in a general sum up of everything that happened in the later part of MK2? I am very much a lore nerd for any game I play, and I rather enjoy the story in this one.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

FrostyPox posted:

Yeah, that'd be cool. I actually do like the know the fluff in my tiny wardollies games.

A lot of stuff was going on in different parts of the world simultaneously, but I will do my best. This is going to have spoilers from the expansion books in MK2 as well as the Wrath of the Dragonfather and Blood of Kings books. If you don't want spoiled, don't read this post.

First, some background from a long long time ago about dragons. Toruk, the Dragonfather, was perhaps the first living being on Caen, although for a long time he didn't have the dragon body he wears today, just was a living stone called an Athanc. After her formed his dragon body he got bored and lonely, and so decided to make some children. He took his Athanc and cut it in half, and then took one half and further divided it. From each shard he made a dragon formed. However, they were too much like Toruk himself to accept the domination of someone else, so they rebelled against their father. A whole bunch of them were killed and their Athancs rejoined with Toruk's, and the rest went into hiding, terrified of being found. Eventually the greatest of the children, known only has the Champion, decided to prove to his brothers that Toruk could be harmed. He engaged the Dragonfather in combat and succeeded in hurting him, although his body was destroyed in the process. Realizing that in his wounded state the rest of his children could probably defeat him, Toruk immediately fled without recapturing the Champion's Athanc. It was instead taken by the immortal being called the Old Witch. Using a combination of dwarven engineering and magic she created a containment device for the athanc so that the champion would be unable to reform its body, and sealed it away.

Fast forward to MK2. At this point in time Cryx was thoroughly embedded in the swampy area in the middle of the continent called the Thornwood. They discovered the location of the Champion athanc and Toruk sent several of the Lich Lords to retrieve it. They got the athanc and took to some underground tunnels to get it back to their territory, but it was immediately sniffed out by Everblight, who sent his own forces to destroy the Cryxians transporting it and retrieve the athanc. The blackclads in the Circle of Orboros, led by Baldur, used a powerful ritual to collapse the tunnels the Cryxians were using, both forcing them to the surface and cutting off Everblight's forces from reaching them for the time being.

While all this has been going on, Khador has been on a big military offensive against Llael and the bordering Cygnarian holdings. They laid seige to the Cygnarian city/fortress of Point Bourne, and seemed on the verge of conquering it when a Cryx army suddenly showed up. They immediately engaged both the Khador and Cygnar forces, beating back both and causing horrible casualties, who were immediately raised into the Cryx armies. All of this was done because the athanc needed to pass through Point Bourne. Cryx successfully got the athanc through that area, although they were hounded by Everblight's forces as well as some Circle forces the whole time. Shortly after, Cryx loaded the athanc onto a ship that Skarre had brought for the purpose of transporting it. The ship was almost immediately attacked by Cygnar forces, who defeated the Cryx forces and took control of the ship and the athanc, although they had absolutely no idea what the machine on the ship was actually containing.

After the attack on Point Bourne, both Cygnar and Khador had had enough of Cryx on the mainland and made an alliance with the goal of expelling all Cryx forces from the Thornwood. A huge army attacked the Cryx fortress, including the first of the new Collosal warjacks that Khador and Cygnar had produced. Things seemed to be going well, they were beating back the Cryx forces, when Asphyxious revealed that he had anticipated their coming and had planned for it. He had created Collosals of his own, and had stored up enough souls in the fortress that he essentially had infinite magical reserves, both to fuel himself and the new Cryxian Krakens. The allied forces were soundly defeated and driven back. This defeat seemingly strengthened the alliance between Cygnar and Khador.

While all of this was going on, Krueger, one of the Blackclad druids of the Circle of Orboros, had attacked Old Witch, and when was soundly defeated by her when he got overconfident. She did not kill him, but instead told him about a secret location that held a huge amount of knowledge on dragons, including the Champion Athanc, what is going on with Everblight, what dragons exist, and pretty much anything else. Krueger went to this location and studied everything there. From what he learned there he determined that Everblight was a much larger threat than the Circle had ever imagined. When the Circle refused to take him seriously, he went rogue and instead went to the one other group that would want Everblight found and destroyed: the other dragons. He allied himself with Blighterghast, the strongest of the remaining dragons. Together they came up with a ritual that would allow them to locate every athanc shard of Everblight, which were all in the bodies of his warlocks. At Krueger's insistence they found the other dragons and formed a new Dragon Alliance with the goal of destroying Everblight. They performed the ritual, and the Dragon Alliance members started to attack Everblight's warlocks, intending to kill them all and take the athanc shards for themselves.

There was one small problem, however, and at the same time this happened the containment field around the Champion athanc began to fail, which meant the athanc locating ritual found it as well as Everblight's shards. Deciding that this was a much bigger deal than getting the shard's of Everblight's athanc, the Dragon Alliance immediately ceased pursuing Everblight's warlocks and chased the Champion Athanc. Fearing that the Dragon Alliance might get the Champion athanc instead of him, Toruk left the Cryxian isles for the first time in a great long time, heading to where Cygnar was transporting the athanc. At this point the athanc was being transported by Haley and Constance Blaize. One of the dragons in the Alliance reached the athanc first, and immediately started destroying the town it was in and fighting against the Cygnar forces. This was cut short when Toruk himself showed up and attacked his child, immediately overpowering him and reclaiming his athanc. Immediately after this the rest of the Dragon Alliance showed up and started to fight Toruk, although it quickly become apparent that they couldn't win. Blighterghast was mortally wounded and knocked from the sky while the other dragons fruitlessly continued to fight, slightly wounding Toruk but obviously losing. At this point Haley discovered that the Champion was attempting to talk to her through the athanc. She communicated with the Champion, who told Haley that if Toruk won here that it would mean eternal darkness for the entire world, as Cryx would overrun everything. The only hope was for Blighterghast to join the Champion athanc with his own, which would hopefully make him powerful enough to defeat Toruk. Haley took the athanc and started towards where Blighterghast had fallen. She was set upon by Rhyas and Saeryn, 2 of Everblight's warlocks. Haley and Constance were able to defeat the 2 warlocks, but instead of killing them asked for their help in getting the athanc to Blighterghast, telling them that if Toruk won he would consume Everblight after he finished with the other dragons. Going against Everblight's express orders, something she could only do by completely cutting off Everblight's control over her, Saeryn agreed, and got Rhyas to agree. The 2 warlocks and 2 warcasters fought past all the dragonspawn being unintentionally created out of the spilt blood of the dragons fighting overhead. When they reached Blighterghast, both sides extracted concessions from him: The Dragon Alliance would never attack Cygnar, and they would immediately cease their attempt to destroy Everblight. Reluctantly he agreed. After consuming the Champion athanc, Blighterghast was fully healed and way more powerful than before. He directly engaged Toruk, who had only received minor wounds, and immediately caused horrible injuries to the Dragonfather, who immediately fled in fear of his immortal life. As per the agreement, the Dragons left without harming anyone else in Cygnar or the Everblight warlocks.

In parallel to all of this stuff happening, the Cygnarian warcaster Caine had been sent on a mission from the spymaster of Cygnar: there were rumors that Vinter had a bastard son, Caine was supposed to find him and kill him. It was eventually discovered that the mercenary Magnus, who had formerly been a general of Cygnar under Vinter and had been a long time ally of Vinter, had taken Vinter's bastard Julius. Vinter had betrayed Magnus and had him tortured by Vinter's allies in the Skorne Empire. Magnus wanted to raise Julius to kill both Vinter and Leto and take the throne. Things finally started coming to a head at this point in time, with Magnus having created a huge mercenary army, including a very large number of steelheads, McBain, and several Galleon collosals. Magnus had decided it was time to make his move and try to start making allies among the Cygnarian nobles to support Julius as king. Caine made two attempts on Julius's life, but found that his heart wasn't really in it.

While this was happening, the reinforced and much larger and better equipped Cygnar and Khador forces were engaging in another offensive against the Cryx stronghold in the Thornwood. This time they succeeded and drove the Cryx forces back. However, as soon as this victory was accomplished, Khador immediately turned on their former allies, who had been hoping that the alliance against Cryx could have become something more, and so were caught completely by surprise. King Leto of Cygnar was up north with the army when this happened, and out of fear for the king a small force consisting of Stryker, a small number of his storm bridgade, and a small part of the regular Cygnar forces immediately retreated, joined by Caine and a severely wounded Seige. On their way back to the interior of Cygnar where the king would be more safe, they ran into a battle in one of Cygnar's major fortresses: Khadorans, led by Vlad, had taken the fortress, but were under attack by a force under the command of Vinter, overthrown king of Cygnar and Leto's brother. Caine stayed behind to observe the battle while Leto's guard moved on. Vlad and Vinter met in one on one combat in an epic fight. Drago, Vlad's personal berserker warjack, was knocked into the river in a canyon below where they were fighting. It seemed that Vlad had won when he managed to land a hit on Vinter that cut halfway through his torso. It turned out that Vinter wasn't so easily defeated, and that his armor, the Mail of the Grim King, could be powered by the blood of his enemies to heal him from any injury, including mortal ones. He defeated Vlad, but told Vlad that he and his men could leave, Vinter wasn't there to fight Khador, his goal was to retake his throne.

Knowing that the Cygnar army protecting Leto could never win against Vinter's rebel army, Caine left to go find Magnus and convince him to help defeat Vinter.

Leto's forces, who on the way had been joined by the warcaster Kraye, took shelter in the first city they found. It was unfortunately a trap: Vinter had allied himself with Feora from the Protectorate of Menoth, who led her forces, which included a large number of Temple Flameguard and warjacks along with the warcasters Thyra and Malakus, and the Menoth forces proceeded to attack the city from the south, while Vinter's forces come down from the north. Leto's forces fought a valiant defensive battle against both enemy forces, but were losing. Stryker and Leto went out together to attempt to defeat Vinter himself in combat. They were quickly overwhelmed, Vinter easily fending them both off. When it seemed like Vinter would surely win, Magnus' mercenary army showed up and immediately started attacking Vinter's army, causing the tide to turn immediately. Magnus and Julius immediately joined in the fight against Vinter. Magnus had studied other relics built in the same age as the Mail of the Grim King, and had learned how to destroy them. He threw a vial of specially made acid at Vinter that caused the enchantments of the armor to immediately begin to fall apart, followed by the armor itself. This allowed the group to finally kill Vinter.

On the south side of the city, Kraye was fighting against the Protectorate forces. When the mercenary army arrived, Caine joined in that defense against the Protectorate forces. He caused some significant damage, but was eventually confronted by the warcaster Thyra, who proceeded to stab Caine repeatedly. Caine's warjack Ace managed to driver her off. Shortly after that Intercessor Kreoss appeared on the field. He immediately confronted Feora about why she was attacking Cygnarian forces without the Heirarch's approval. He then forced her to make her forces retreat back to the Protectorate territory.

Leto had never really wanted to be king, he just knew his brother wasn't fit to be king. He saw that Julius could potentially be as strong willed as Vinter, but did not have all of Vinter's negative traits, such as his rampant paranoia and cruelty. He immediately abdicated the throne in favor of Julius.

Lots of other, more minor stuff was going on while all this drama over kings and dragons was happening. The Skorne Empire, under the command of Makeda, attacked Ios, home of the Retribution. They attacked one of the main gates into the Iosan homeland, and were not really making any progress. 1/3 of the Skorne forces had been lost when Skorne had some absurd luck in the form of Deus Ex Mammotha: A mammoth fell down from a weirdly placed cliff onto a store of ammo on the wall to the side of the gate being attacked, causing a huge explosion and a hole to open in the wall. The Skorne forces immediately poured through the wall and into the interior of Ios. A large amount of the border guard had been recalled from the border by an overconfident Vyros, meaning that once past the gate there was really no one to stop the Skorne forces. They proceeded to slowly conquer the Iosan territory, making pretty significant gains.

Meanwhile the Trolls were pretty much doing dick all. Basically they have just been trying to find a safe place to settle, and keep being betrayed and driven out of everywhere they end up, and have pretty much the worst luck ever and are always in the wrong place at the wrong time. Except Doomshaper, who is pretty much evil and awakened ancient trolls called Mountain Kings, who were chained up inside mountains because there was no way to control their appetites.

Circle wasn't doing much more than the Trolls. All their dicking around with Leylines along with everything else going on, and the evil tree Wurmwood who is basically the Devourer Wurm's Caen representative, caused part of the Devourer Wurm to manifest on Caen, which Circle had to deal with so that the whole Wurm couldn't appear.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 1, 2016

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

SERPUS posted:

There really should be some spoilers here.

I figured giant black wall would be annoying, and the first line said not to read it if you didn't want spoilers, but sure.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I do want to note that I skipped a lot of the minor happenings going on. Butcher nearly killing and capturing Seige. Kromac getting Rathrok. The abortive Skorne attack on Circle during their ritual that resulted in Xerxis having his kindeys repeatedly stabbed and having to get a rhino wheelchair, and mordikaar being dumped in the desert by Mohsar. I focused on the major story threads, not so much the side stuff going on around.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
In other news, it is looking more and more likely that Goreshade 4 will be a Ret caster. Whee.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

I don't have the book myself, but apparently it is heavily implied in Prime.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
In reply to the"what is in magnus's future", Seacat has already said that the beginning of mk3 is going to see Magnus and Stryker leading a force to Llael to try and liberate it from khador. Whether this is still in his capacity as a merc or as a part of Cygnar is unknown though.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Wasn't Goreshade trying to find a way to cure his people at first and then was driven mad by the quest and constant failures?

Also I thought he only killed soulless babies and to most elves they are abominations anyways.

Goreshade was performing experiments on soulless to determine what caused it and how to prevent it. He was driven from Ios when it was discovered what he was doing to them. The elves of Ios don't really care much for soulless, but his actions were beyond the pale.

All of his actions even after that were in an attempt to save his people. He truly believed that to save the elven people the last of their gods must die, believing they would ask be reborn in their own realm if that happened. He tracked Nyssor down because he didn't think he could get to Scyrah.

That is the most important part of all this: no matter how crazy he has become, no matter how despicable the acts, everything he has done is, from his perspective at least, to save his people from certain doom.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

omnibobb posted:

Picked up legion battlebox on a whim today and kicked off the new journeyman going 4-1

Must have been all hordes players, because the internet tells me that hordes sucks and can't win vs warmachine now, and the internet is always right.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
You know, looking at points, trolls could have fit a mauler and ebdt as their bb, which would actually be pretty decent and competitive against the other bbs.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Behemoth dropped in price and is rediculously good. So, yeah, there is that.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

LordAba posted:

This release seems odd compared to the MKII. Granted, MKII did a lot more to change the game, but it felt like it was not only launched better but the lead up time to it was longer and had more going for it. Maybe that's the rose tinted glasses....

PP could not afford the long lead time from announcement to release that mk2 had. They have grown significantly as a company and paying all those people with pretty much no income for half a year would bankrupt the company.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Obviously they did some external testing, otherwise where did the French card leak come from?

And, again, PP could not survive a 6 month open playtest or beta or whatever. No one bought models during the mk2 field test or during the short lead time from the announcement of mk3 to release. They should have done more closed/secret playtesting outside of the company, but the more people they add the larger chance of leaks happening, which leads to the same "don't buy stuff, new edition coming" syndrome. It's a very fine line they had to walk.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Wyrd was able to do it for the same reason PP was able to do the mk2 field test: they are a small company. PP has grown a lot since then, so being able to survive 6 months on almost no income at their size just isn't really feasible. I doubt their board games bring in a whole lot of income.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

LordAba posted:

I dunno, if my game company was showing that much growth because of a single line I would certainly leverage that into increased savings and potential loans so that I could pimp out my new release with as much pomp as I can. But people who make wargames tend not to be the best businessmen.

It's not even a "6 month play test time" or whatever. It just seemed like the new edition just came out with little noise. Maybe I'm just not following tabletop gaming like I used to.

There is a theory floating about that they intended to announce MK3 at L&L and then release at Gencon but something forced them to move the announcement and release ahead several months.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

mr. stefan posted:

Redirection blast can only affect enemy models.

Helios would go from absurd to game breaking if it wasn't enemy models only.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
A local player was going to buy my Skorne, but got an offer he couldn't refuse on buying a local PG's legion instead. Since I don't expect to get any decent money for my Skorne normally due to all the Skorne fire sales, and I don't have any big preference of selling my Skorne or Circle(Circle is perfectly competitive in MK3 IMO, but a lot of my favorite things in it were nerfed badly so I don't have a lot of enthusiasm for it), I am going to be selling my Circle, aiming for 60% of retail. Here is the SA mart thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782248

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 5, 2016

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

head58 posted:

As someone who is actively buying Skorne I've seen distressingly few fire sales. So if you're looking to unload a mammoth or a Titan kit hit me up.

Huh, there are surprisingly few listings on ebay. Maybe all the raging nerds saying they are selling their armies are lying! There are several on bartertown.

Unfortunately(for you) I am not really looking to part out stuff. If you wanted to buy my entire skorne army(retail value pretty much the same as my circle I have listed, and does include a mammoth) we could talk :p

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Just an FYI, the kd + gang etc ruling is being reviewed further.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

waah posted:

So I think I got a new player in our local meta, but it took everything short of me just saying "you win!" to pull it off. I don't know if the Trolls battle box is that bad but holy poo poo, the poor guy had like terrible rolls for damage. I have never had a Gladiator tank a battle group.

The guy picked the game up pretty darn fast and I saw him talking to the store owner about buying a unknown army box.

It really is that bad. I cannot understand how PP thought that BB is still OK. I mean, it never was.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Played a game tonight against one of the better players in our area, who I've had lots of close games with in the past. He had Old witch with behemoth, winterguard infantry, joe, eiryss1, alton ashley, Gormon, Rheinholt, another couple solos, some khador mage guys, sharpshooters + sharpshooters solo...and I think that was pretty much it?

I played what I'm calling "What I threw together using the models I own" Helynna list:

Helynna
-Manticore
-Chimera
-Banshee
-Imperatus
Sentinels + UA + Soulless
Scyir
3x Arcanists
Eiryss2

Game got off to a decent start, despite it being yet another game against models that just murder my sentinels without caring about their armor. First round just consisted of me running forward, him moving up a bit and killing some sentinels with his snipers and shooting my jacks to not much good with behemoth(deceleration is good!). He had moved some stuff a bit too far forward, not taking full advantage of premeasuring, and my sentinels were able to charge Eiryss and the sniper solo, killing both, and running another to engage 3 of the sharpshooters. I was able to run the chimera forward to arc and devestation onto alton ashley, missing but killing him with the blast damage. Hurt Gormon and Rheinholt with it, but didn't kill either. I knocked behemoth down with the banshee and then disrupted it with Eiryss, meaning he couldn't shake the knockdown.

Old witch came up and killed a bunch of sentinels, freeing up the sharpshooters to finish off all but the UA and Scyir. He made a mistake during his maintanance phase and apparitioned behemoth slightly forward, then during its activation sacrificed movement and just shot a couple times at my jacks, again not doing much. He did a bunch of damage to the chimera and took out its generator and arc node with shooting from his winterguard and a solo. He also feated.

I feated and arced hand of destruction through the now functional chimera onto behemoth, as he accidently put him in charge range of the Banshee. Concentrated power then charge. Could only get my main sword to him, but exactly scrapped him. Imperatus killed a rocketeer to set 5 winterguard on fire with flame burst. Manticore just killed 3 winterguard. At this point he was pretty much on the ropes. And then I made a fatal mistake and used rhythm of war to move my warjacks up further, which also ended up spreading them out more. I provided just enough of a hole for scrapjack to run through and just get close enough that old witch could teleport close enough to my caster to be able to attack. He needed 7s to hit, and missed his first 2, so he started boosting to hit, and only killed me due to a couple real good damage rolls.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

S.J. posted:

I wasn't aware of that, was that in a novel? Their HQ being blown up, that is. I'm still catching up. I'm almost upset that the WMH novels aren't just hot garbage because I was hoping for an excuse not to buy them.

I think it's pretty funny that Llael is now split up like post-WWII Germany :v:

My guess would be it either in the Prime unit fluff, or in Flashpoint(which was available at L&L).

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Iceclaw posted:

Well, there is a precedent of overwhelming armies invading weaker countries and getting a surrender in short order, only for the situation to turn into a living nightmare when insurgents blending in the population start roaming at night and slaughtering the occupying forces. See also: Russia during Napoléon, France and other countries under the Nazis, Afghanistan and Irak right now.
Of course it's rather callous to sacrifice allies, but that's a cygnaran tradition by that point.

And the Cygnar spymaster is pretty much a complete dick.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

S.J. posted:

I dunno man the only Haley fluff I thought was dumb was when she healed her awesome robot arm and got cured of that poison, that was awful. Her old fluff with how she murdered the poo poo out of her sister was rad as hell. Like she's routinely way in over her head and it's great. Time wizards are rad and I wish Cygnar had more of them than just Haley.

The problem with her in Wrath of the Dragonfather is that she is basically the definition of a Mary Sue in that novel. She gets any ability she needs to get through any situation she finds herself in just when she needs it.

I like the novel despite her presence in it though.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Any list i have with Imperatus is going to start including an aspis because I see Alton Ashley way too often and grevious wounds is way OP in mk3. My area does ADR for most tournaments, so I will probably use ADR and have an aspis in my specialists for when I see Ashley in the opponent lists.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
So, the way Vayl2's feat is worded in MK3 is ambiguously worded to where it is possible you may be able to cast her beasts' animi for free in addition to her normal spell list.

Vayl2 Mk3 Feat Wording - This activation, Vayl can cast each of her spells once without spending fury.

Page 74 of Primal under Animi
"A warbeast can be forced to cast its animus, or the warlock whose battlegroup the warbeast is part of can treat the animus as if it were one of its own spells while the warbeast is in its control range."

This may be intended, as there isn't really any other reason to change her feat wording, but who knows with PP these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
And of course running to engage with fast, high def models. Those warjacks can't shoot you when they have something in their face.