Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pyrolocutus posted:

EDIT: According to one of my friends, various podcasts are discussing a new round of leaks, from the next expansion books. I can't listen to podcasts, so anyone else heard about this thing?

I haven't heard anything, but I might not be listening to the right podcasts. Which ones are mentioned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Khisanth Magus posted:

The only stuff I know of in war room is the models added in Prime/Primal. Are there others now?

Just updated my War Room, and the only stuff that's been added are all the new units from the MKIII books. Are there specific things I'm missing?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pyrolocutus posted:

I just followed up with him and he said it was the one from last week, the one also talking about the new CoC colossal?

I honestly don't think he's loving with me or the type to be inaccurate, but if you wanna double-check?

I listened to it, and he's not screwing with you. That's also the sum total of the leaks, and I'm uncertain that this is even actually a real leak.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Quick question: With new models, should I be expecting to get MKIII cards for stuff that's been ordered since the transition? If not, is there any kind of program to get the cards for them, like during the MKII transition? I like playing with cards and not war room, but I don't feel like paying an extra $20 tax on getting Lynissa Ryssal for my Ret.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Khisanth Magus posted:

Anything already in the store(unless they got the release kit that had the replacement cards) or distributor's stocks will still have the mk2 card, but anything produced after will have mk3 cards.

Don't know if the LGS got the release kit in, but it's going to piss me off a bit if I have to start carrying war room around with me to play. The point of cards is that you can buy the figures and use them straight out, and now that's ruined for god knows how long, since distributors will be carrying old stock for. I'm sure it's great if you have an LGS worth a gently caress near you, but all I have in town is a crappy board/card shop that is dumbly stocking the wrong stuff for WMH-- lots of books and paint sets but next to no actual things you'd use to play the drat game. Is there no way to directly get stuff via PP if your LGS sucks?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Edit:double post

rkajdi fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 1, 2016

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Khisanth Magus posted:

I know in mk2 PP would replace any mk1 cards for free through the missing parts thing. Not sure whether that is true in mk3, although I'd hope it is.

Yeah, I just asked on the official forums about it, so hopefully I get a response from someone inside the company with party line on it. No offense on your answer, but I sort of wanted something more concrete before I drop cash on actual new models instead of hunting for used stuff on ebay.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
To all the Ret players out there-- How many heavy kits should I have? Right no, I have a mono-Manticore, a mono-Phoenix, Disco, and a quad Vyre (Banshee/Daemon/Sphinx/Hypnos) kit. I know I need Imperatus eventually, but as far as extra Vyre and Sheeyl kits, how many of each is a reasonable amount? I was thinking one more Vyre (full multi) and two more Sheeyl (Hydra/Phoenix and Hydra/Manticore multis, since a triple Sheeyl is hard to magentize) but I'm not sure. I understand that the Daemon and Hydra are both in the "unusable trash" category, but they both seem to have interesting synergies with jack marshalls, so are worth trying out.

As a semi-related aside, any comments on this as the build-up for a Journeyman as Ret? Assume I have or can get anything I'd need to sub out for any suggestions:

10 pts: Gorgon
25 pts: Sphinx & Arcanist
50 pts: Phoenix & Mage Hunter Assassin (swap to Kaelyssa)
65 pts: Discordia
75 pts: Arcanist, Mage Hunter Assassin, & Scyir (marshaling the Sphinx)

It seems a little heavy towards battlegroup for me, but I'm effectively carrying 3 deadweight lights no matter which caster I choose. I thought about Vyros2, since +3 MAT & POW on 3 lights seems like a way to aggressively trade my lights for heavies, or Thyron so I could get extra attacks against anyone who tries to spam infantry. Either of those involves a bunch of reconfiguration, since 2 more points being lost makes the list tetris much harder. Any suggestions? My local group is going to be playing Skorne, Circle, Trolls, Mercs, Cygnar, Menoth, Khador, and either Cephalyx or Gator Minions. Week 2 is especially going to suck, since 3 of the players will end up having buyable Heavies, and 3 Khador/Cephalyx heavies is hard to deal with at that point value.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GEMorris posted:

I'd put manticore and daemon in "unplayable trash" tier, with Sphinx, Hydra, Hypnos and Phoenix in "situationally useful" tier, Banshee, Discordia, and Imperatus are all "universally useful" tier.

As for how many you need, it depends on if you want to run double Hydras with Kaelyssa or not, I'm going to assume no. And I'm also only talking about heavies here.

With all that said, you need:

Two magnetized Vyre jacks (with the parts to run Sphinx, Banshee, Hypnos, no doubles required)

Imperatus

Discordia (this can be magnetized to be disco/Hydra without a TON of trouble, bit I really prefer a dedicated disco as I run him in almost every list)

Phoenix (laughably skippable these days if you don't run Helynna or certain Rahn lists. Magnetizing between Phoenix and Disco is a world of hurt imo).

So a total of 5 unless you want double Hydra with Kae, in that case 6.

Okay, that's a bit more for me to get (2nd Vyre, Impy) but not too much. I'll probably also end up also getting the Hydra, since the I assume 8 lights (Aspis, 3 Griffons, 2 Chimeras, 2 Gorgons) is enough, or should I also get Moros?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LordAba posted:

It's not even a "6 month play test time" or whatever. It just seemed like the new edition just came out with little noise. Maybe I'm just not following tabletop gaming like I used to.

This is just you not paying attention. It's been a 3 month run up to the new edition, which is pretty good considering a new edition tanks sales. GW could afford it because the army books were by and large compatible between editions, and they has unlinked major games to support the other one when one was in end of edition hell. PP doesn't have this.

I guess I'm more willing to allow for some hiccups at the start of an edition, because this edition seems way closer to the promise of the game than previous ones. Lots of giant robots is finally a reasonable way to play, instead of the infantry spam that dominated before. But I'm also not a competitive level player and don't really care one way or another about that part of the game.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Question that came up during our first battlebox game yesterday (a fairly lopsided victory for Ret over Trolls) Is a caster now allowed to target itself with a ranged attack? Said attempt was with Hex Blast for clearing an upkeep off. He could have just gone with the other plan of going behind a beast, hitting it and sitting in the blast damage to ensure removal.

In actual play, the three lights were less bad than I imagined them being. That being said, he didn't come at me very hard, so I was able to dance at range and shoot the crap out of him until it really didn't matter anymore. I lost my griffon due to a poor play on my part, but otherwise it was a good showing for how the Ret battlebox is supposed to work.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PaintVagrant posted:

Nope, and hex blast is direct hit iirc.

Awesome. Just wanted to make sure I was playing it right. Hand of Destruction did its job in full that game-- even POW 12s hurt inordinately with that spell. Added bonus was that he twice shot it off a beast, meaning that I got an extra damage roll against the target if it survived the Manticore's "titty missiles" (my opponent's term) My overall journeyman plan is lots of jacks with some solo support, so I expect lots more games like this one.

As an aside, are people using Helynna's Redirection Blast primarily as an offensive attack, or as a last ditch move to give a jack an extra 3" push at the cost of a hit? If Decel is up, the odds of hurting a heavy at dice-9 with it are low, and a push can get you out of melee if needed or if the 3" + 3" Rhythm of War gets you out of melee or shooting range. It does look like our Pressganger is going to change the Journeyman structure so that Week 2 is 15pts, meaning that I might not need to have a Gorgon in my group immediately. I'm still thinking about it, if only because a Gorgon + Aspis would give me some caster protection and even more movement tricks. A Hydra also seems like an okay buy, but I don't currently have one and would have a hard time getting one painted in time, so the other option is probably a Sphinx.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mr. stefan posted:

Redirection blast can only affect enemy models.

Whelp, never mind that then. Glad I didn't end up trying it during the game. If that's true then her weapon isn't all that great, since the game's already lost if something meaningful gets into your jacks.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Khisanth Magus posted:

A local player was going to buy my Skorne, but got an offer he couldn't refuse on buying a local PG's legion instead. Since I don't expect to get any decent money for my Skorne normally due to all the Skorne fire sales, and I don't have any big preference of selling my Skorne or Circle(Circle is perfectly competitive in MK3 IMO, but a lot of my favorite things in it were nerfed badly so I don't have a lot of enthusiasm for it), I am going to be selling my Circle, aiming for 60% of retail. Here is the SA mart thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782248

As also mentioned below, I don't think the freak out on message boards is quite the same as fire sales going up all over the place. But maybe I have a different definition of fire sale, since I'm accustomed to used stuff being cheap as chips (30-40% of retail) from my Warhammer days.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

head58 posted:

Sadly I already have a lot of the faction. Just looking to pick up a few last things I never got to in MKII.

I think I've seen more Cryx fire sales than Skorne, which amuses me greatly.

The prices of Ret stuff online have been pretty solid, though. It's hard to get an unopened jack kit for more than 10% off currently.

Glad that I faction jumped to the new bandwagon from Skorne just in time for it to become a bandwagon. Wonder how many mirror matches I'll be playing this Sunday-- we have 8 new players just joining up for the Journeyman, so I'm expecting at least one more Ret player.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ashcans posted:

I haven't played WMH in a while, but I am curious about how Mk3 is treating the Mercenaries. How does Ashlynn look? Did Roulette survive, or did we get another way to piss people off to compensate?

Mercs are way easier to play now, since contracts are gone. The only things that mix poorly right now are Cephalyx, who need to be in their theme to be used, and this theme excludes most other merc stuff (2 units of normal mercs can be taken with a Cephalyx attachment) You also can't use Rulic jacks on a non-Rulic caster and vice versa. Otherwise, the field is wide open right now. You have lost theme lists (Bad Seeds) for the moment, but that is coming back in the near future in the theme books.

My local hobby shop is dumping their MKII battle boxes for $20 today. It's obviously worthwhile for my wife's circle ($20 gets you a Feral & Kaya) but I'm not sure if $20 is worth it for the old Ret one to get another standard chassis heavy. Does anyone online sell bits for Warmachine, in specific the Ret heavy kit? If I can get a dual Manticore/Hydra for $20 that seems worthwhile even if I don't need Kaelyssa or the lights.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Khisanth Magus posted:

Getting sacred ward instead of spell ward along with most factions having issues removing spells now (Eiryss 2 is my only option and it's like oh no, baldur will take d3 and I get a boosted pow10 on the arm22 woldwrath to keep the spell up).

You can't remove with it, but Thyron's Spellpiercer being Blessed on a stick could help. Eiryss3 is pretty good upkeep removal, though that only helps with pBaldur's ARM buff, not eBaldur's. And Kaelyssa can shoot upkeeps off something, though I'd never want to be that close if I could help it. And of course the banshee helps by use grievous wounds as a way to stop healing on the Woldwrath. Armour skew with Wolds still looks to be a thing, unfortunately. It also super sucks when you don't have all the tools you need at your disposal, which tends to happen early on when you're starting a game.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Khisanth Magus posted:

I got the crit grevious on it, but my dice refusing to roll higher than a 5 at dice - 2 on damage meant I didn't knock anything out. If my dice hadn't totally failed me that game I think things could have gone way different. If the banshee had knocked out any aspect that turn the woldwrath would have had issues killing any of my jacks most likely.

I really hope Alton Ashley gets nerfed. I'm sick as hell of seeing him every game, and causing grevious wounds without doing any damage is dumb. Although I'm getting an aspis soon that is going to be in pretty much every list to shield guard from it.

I'd figure Skarath is a better option for that. Alton Ashley stop the Aspis' shields from recovering each round. The faneknight is more expensive dollar and pointswise, but it seems like a better option. He's also up 2/4 ARM depending on what has died near him (meaning he'll stay around longer if need to take shots) and can actually do some damage if needed, which gives you the option against stuff like the woldwrath, since you're rolling at dice-7 or 5 on 4 dice. It's not great, but it's an extra hit that can do stuff.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'm going to be picking up a mk2 bb at a discount. The manticore is becoming discordia, and the Chimera is being converted into an aspis. Sadly nothing to do with the griffon but make a second griffon.

If you're going through the PP parts store, I'd make the griffon a gorgon. You can get there for the following total parts: aspis right arm, aspis left arm, aspis head, gorgon head. I works out to about $10 in parts + shipping. I'm not convinced on the gorgon being better than the griffon, but if you want flexibility, it gives you something else to go with.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spiderdrake posted:

Doesn't it also stop force fields regenerating? I mean, I know magical muscle wolves punching purple dragons punching realism and all but that's just bizarre.

Yup. That's why I suggested the faneknight if you were looking for a shield guard against him. The aspis would lose its phoenix field ability for the next round, and even worse Imperatus loses phoenix protocol. Grievous wounds went from an okay anti-hordes ability to a great all around ability now that it stops tough and works on jacks.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
OK, question for people who've been doing journeymen leagues, or just a lot of battlebox play-- is the Ret battlebox as ballbreaking as it's appearing to be in our local group? I've really started up Ret this edition (I know, but I was getting all the stuff together before MKII was even announced) and so far I'm not only undefeated with the battlebox, but the games aren't particularly close. If you derp around at all in the midboard, I catch something with HoD and light it up, then do my end of move advance out of retaliatory range. If you come at me, I can usually tank 1-2 models in the advance enough while dealing with the other elements. My only losses figure-wise have been the griffon, and that's only because I'm giving them something to chew on that's not vital. And when stuff gets there, I can do a shocking amount of damage with a maxed out Manticore getting 4 p+s 18 swings on the things that I didn't try to shoot down.

I'm in no way a good player, so this kind of thing shouldn't be happening-- the last journeyman I was in had me getting my poo poo pushed in repeatedly with Skorne. What are we doing wrong locally, and what's been effective against the Ret box? I'll admit I haven't played a full set of factions yet (Trolls twice, Legion, CoC, Skorne, and a custom Cephalyx starter) so maybe some of the other factions have an answer, but I'm not seeing it from looking at them.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Ret battle box is pretty ballbusting if there isn't killbox as they can retreat to a corner and shoot the poo poo out of you. I dunno know why anyone would do this in a battle box game, but people do.

From what I've seen Magnus is really good against it. Helga has game. Menoth and Cygnar are on pretty similar grounds.

I haven't been running into a corner, but it's a lot of the whole advance, shoot, and retreat just out of range to retaliate. The only games that were on my half of the board were the ones where my opponent aggressively ran first turn and made a point to be on my half of the board turn 1. I think part of it was people didn't enjoy getting hit 1-3 times with boosted POW 12s on their key piece while also having to eat an alpha strike to keep from having it happen again next turn, and that had them on tilt immediately. My most decisive win didn't even involve shooting much-- a 3 focus manticore should be able to walk through a monstrosity that has Hand of Destruction on it if there's no charge involved. It also beat the tar out of a Troll Axer under feat, which mostly sealed the game for me in my rematch against my PG.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kithkar posted:

The theme forces are going to be actual book releases. They haven't really been fully upfront about it yet, especially when lock and load was the perfect place to do it, but I suspect the theme force books are gonna replace the anthology books as the main method of delivering new models. They're going to contain entries for all the existing models that will work for that theme, as well as brand new ones. the new ones may or may not be exclusive to the theme, they were kind of unclear. Thinking of them as subfractions wouldn't be off the mark, going for a more wider view of the game rather than just pumping out standard fare stuff forever.

I get the impression that they're being vague about what's going on with the new book releases because a) it isn't 100% set in stone, and b) any kind of change is going to be seen as becoming GW/selling out. I think moving towards theme releases is a good thing, if only because it allows you to build out the 5-8 new options to make a more themed list all at once, instead of waiting for the next few yearly books to flush everything out. It would also be nice to just have to buy the books for the faction stuff I'm interested in, though I suspect lots of people aren't buying any books at all and are just buying the models and cards.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I did finally get seriously challenged in a battlebox game against Cygnar. Though Maddox didn't get a chance to disrupt a jack, (they were in melee by the time she was in range) a dumb mistake on my part let her last remaining jack and Maddox both get boosted shots on Helynna, who was camping zero focus. End result was getting her down to one box before the last jack was destroyed the next round. Main lesson is at least pop feat when you get over extended, since the +3 ARM would have had me end with 7 boxes instead of getting almost killed on a dice spike. Or just have a camp and effectively get 5 more boxes against the spike attack.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

moths posted:

My pet theory is that Theme Lists are going to be ad hoc balance tweaks. Like when we hit November and nobody is playing something, it'll get a theme list.

Which explains why they're not discussing them - it would acknowledge problems, and that's not something PP is great at.

The books take longer than a month to get spun up and printed, and it's even longer if you include new models in the release. The theme and forces books were probably getting finalized around the time MKIII was released.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Literally The Worst posted:

A book for each system that was theme lists centered around a particular mechanical/thematic Thing that came out like two or three times a year would be pretty cool

Isn't that what's being done, only on a per faction level instead of per system level? That's a pure advantage, since you only have to buy the stuff for your faction instead of the stuff for every other faction. I'll admit I'm a bit spoiled since I got full warroom, so I plan on buying zero books and still getting full rules support for everything.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rantmo posted:

From the sound of it, it's a book per faction theme basically. The example they gave was Forces of Cygnar: Storm Brigade and Forces of Cygnar: Trenchers.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I'd rather that then something like 40K where I have to get a conflict book where most of the stuff doesn't apply to my army. It's why I'd be way happier with Force or Theme books, so long as there's an even release of them (i.e. every faction gets 1/year, minus CoC of course)

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captainicus posted:

My only question about themes as a merc/minion player is how they are going to do more for minions. Mercs have a bit of variety (even if you discount cephalyx since they already have one / they are kind of a mini-faction) since you have highborn covenant/laellese resistance, four star syndicate, privateers, dwarfs and perhaps another for steelheads? While minions just have....pigs or gators. I don't know if there are enough things in pigs or gators for multiple themes, given their smaller numbers of models, but of course I don't know how large they plan on making each theme.

Mercs have at least one other theme (Kingmaker, which is sort of an expansion of the old Bad Seeds Magnus theme) and I'm not expert on them. Minions only really has two themes right now because its current model release is more limited. I'd almost expect either an expansion of Pigs & Gators to allow more subfactioning. It took Mercs some time before they were anything more 4 Starish guys and Rhulic. Pirates took until their MKI Forces book in 2007, and Cephalyx weren't anything until last year. Minions might get a creeping expansion like this soon, but I'd also think that maybe they'll just stay Pigs + Gators while making them more fleshed out.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KuangMkV posted:

Jason Soles is currently doing an AMA about his career in games and as a sculptor. He's not taking specific rules questions but anything else is up for discussion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/4siauy/iama_jason_soles_lead_developer_of_warmachine/

And most of the questions are standard "When did you stop hitting your wife" internet gamer fare. Given the fanbase out there, I'm never sure why people bother to do AMAs for nerd stuff.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

S.J. posted:

I wish I could be surprised, jumping onto the AMA and seeing my local WMH FB admin immediately shitposting and trying to prop up guild ball. It's pretty fantastic.

Yeah, I saw that guy. I legit don't get why you'd waste the time to post that stuff. Is getting a burn in about somebody not being the best possible game designer really that valuable?

And of course the shitstains on reddit voted it up like the chuds they are.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kithkar posted:

I am certain they will be Aaikos2 et al. They have been called so specifically by PP staff.

Have they said what the plan for Fianna, the Legion character, is yet? She never was a caster since that would give them two and only Cygnar gets that. So she was stuck as a "super solo" who never was that super. Are they planning on at least making her a Lesser Warlock now?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kithkar posted:

She's going to be a full warlock, Everblight warlocks don't really have a junior training phase, see Kyrssa. They just sorta get the Anthanc in the chest.

Awesome. I don't regularly play my Legion stuff, but another caster is the easiest way to create more variability.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GoodBee posted:

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm assuming collectors box is a battlegroup and I could use some more merc jacks.

The last one they did was just Epic Twins vs. Epic Kromac. I'd figure the set is just the full versions of the casters.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Bee posted:

I took the quiz and looked up the recommended factions, which were basically a giant pile-up around 40%. Aesthetic-wise, I think I'm digging the Legion or Cygnar most. Cygnar's got a big, kind of exaggerated hunch profile that makes nice silhouettes, while Legion's got really nice ugliness to it and I love the stumpy little shredders to bits. Also, dragons.

Which one would be simplest for a newcomer to pick up, both playwise and paintwise?

Probably Cygnar. Hordes is a more difficult system in general because you're worried about allocations a turn in advance. You have a much harder time screwing yourself in Warmachine, since a jack out of your control area is just going to be less effective, instead of doing negative work by attacking your own stuff.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Bee posted:

Okay, looking over the model ranges, I'm thinking Legion might be my favorites. Especially if I can get lots of stumpy, eyeless little guys and swarm the field in ugly-cuteness.

What kinda color schemes do you think would go well with them?

I had good luck with turquoise and light brown, and then white for metal armour. Really made for a different looking but also very draconic Legion army.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rantmo posted:

I have no idea what any of this means.

It means if you're trying to mix colors to give a highlight or whatever, pthalo blue is harder to do that with, since it has more of the stuff that gives it color. Ultramarine blue (shockingly a generic color if all you know it from is GW) usually is also pretty deep in color and can be mixed more easily.

I'd also suggest going from a more bright blue like Ultramarine, if only because it gives you somewhere to shade down to before bringing the color up.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fnordcircle posted:

Feat: Self Actualizing

I now want to use this whenever I have to do a re-roll.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Bee posted:

Paint recs sounded wonderful. Thanks, guys.

Final question, and it's about material. I've heard a lot of people critical about PP's plastics, but also saying that recently they've switched to better ones. What are your experiences with the old plastics and even metals, and is there a list of which releases are going to be in the newer ones? Thanks again for putting up with all of my newcomer questions.

I'm critical as hell about models, and for the larger stuff like jacks, beasts, or larger infantry it's not too bad. My biggest issues have been human sized resin plastic infantry (like the ones you'd get from the new 2 player sets) and the resin/metal combo kits. The plastic jacks take a little time to clean up but aren't bad at all in general.

Serotonin posted:

In celebration of my newfound love Helyanna, here's the (painted part) of my undefeated 75 point list.

Awesome looking. For the rest of your list, is it infantry, solos, or jacks? I'm having a hard time coming up with lists that aren't very stilted one way or the other in Ret. My journeyman list for Ret looks to only have a battle mage unit and electromancers for units and lots of jacks and solos. I can't help but feel like I need more infantry there somewhere.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Serotonin posted:

Currently unbeaten with this list. It's really strong into shooting. Even a Ossrum and Earthbreaker list barely dented it last night.

Magister Helynna - WJ: +30
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker - PC: 4
- Discordia - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Imperatus - PC: 22 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Chimera - PC: 8
- Banshee - PC: 18

Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Soulless Voidtracer - PC: 2

Dawnguard Sentinels - Leader & 9 Grunts: 18
- Dawnguard Sentinel Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
- Soulless Escort - PC: 1
Heavy Rifle Team - Leader & Grunt: 4

---

Do you ever feel like only having one proper unit puts you at a disadvantage? Maybe it's that I'm coming over from Skorne (and maybe partially that I was dumb and bought a bunch of units early) but I feel naked without 2-3 units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Literally The Worst posted:

Which one is Madrak2 and why can't I find it on PP

It should be the subtitle on the cards in your faction deck. PP doesn't show the models in this way on their website, which is annoying. The caster's full name is Madrak Ironhide, World Ender.