Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

ymgve posted:

"OK, so not pushing it is clearly the best choice. Now let me just check what happens when I push it so I can fill in that fragment tree. I wonder what kind of deadly trap Zero's set uEXPLOSION OUT OF NOWHERE"

Hey man, he clearly said to not touch the button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

If one more person dies they can open the X door. It's not completely out of the question that Sean might decide to sacrifice the blind, deaf, mute, crippled and possibly vegetative old man to allow Mira and Eric to escape - especially if the alternative is for them to kill each other.

The other reason is perhaps he knew that he was Zero and just didn't want to put up with this poo poo any longer.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Baal posted:

I actually liked Akane in this game at moments unlike 999 and VLR so good job Uchikoshi

Her voice acting was loving awful though

YOU KILLED JUNPEIIIII AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

I didn't like Akane in this game in the slightest. She always gave me a "mastermind" vibe in the previous games with very strong hints of sociopathy for the greater good. At this point, she freaks out whenever Junpei dies despite leading him to his death in multiple timelines. As well, she's shockingly out of the loop for having planned things for as long as she has.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

I've only heard a few snippets of the English dub, but even from them Akane sadly has the worst delivery by far.

Behind the Voice Actors posted:

Akane Kurashiki

Voiced by: Rena Strober

Somehow, everything makes more sense now.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I went back to both Eric gunpoint scenes and tried typing in everything I possibly could. I'm disappointed there weren't more responses to things such as answering "Chris" to any of his responses, or speaking vulgarities towards him.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

Well, ZTD apparently sold less than 4000 copies in Japan on release week

It was expected but still, :rip:

There weren't enough power of friendship speeches.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

I've heard he's prone to being wrong all the time.

I dunno, I think Cake Attack is a pretty swell guy.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I just beat this game today. It was fantastic, and I can't wait to read this thread now. Though I assume people will be more negative about the game then I feel. I thought it was a really good conclusion to the series.

Oh, no, I share your opinion.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Danaru posted:

I do have to say, Delta's MIND HACKING powers are a lot easier to swallow when you remember in VLR it was mentioned that FTS grew unreasonably huge unreasonably fast and no one knew why, turns out it was Delta being a cheating jerk :v:

My favourite part of the ending leading to VLR is Carlos blowing his way in to rescue Junpei and Akane all heroically, followed by Akane going "WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST PREVENT ALL THIS INSTEAD OF WAITING TEN MONTHS"

Carlos I love ya buddy, but dang dude foresight isn't your strongest trait

Also considering ZTD barely got made, it's pretty ballsy of Uchikoshi to leave this on a sequel hook

Predetermination or something.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

alcharagia posted:

So here's my problem with ZTD's ending: I don't know what it's trying to say. I don't understand where on the sympathy scale Delta is supposed to be taken as a whole, I don't understand what is up with the moral dilemma with SHIFTing which wasn't resolved at all, obviously it has no closure for Team D which is bullshit, and the whole LET'S GO BACK AND STOP MIRA IN ANOTHER TIMELINE is just baffling. VLR's ending was bleak but with bits of happiness, but what even is ZTD's ending?

The best kind of ending: one where you accomplish nothing, the villain gets the best of you, and you are out of control of the situation.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

Wow. Also, what happens to Eric and Mira, was Mira "cured" from her psychpathness? Or does she continue to be a serial killer?

The logs imply she goes to set right which once went wrong. It's kind of silly, in my opinion, considering she doesn't have any real motivation to do so.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

If there is an extended Q&A for this game, I hope we get more ridiculous answers like Diana being a confirmed Trump supporter.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

MiddleOne posted:

Delta infers in that very ending that the original Sean had a superhuman understanding of multiple fields of science and that he used to ask him for help on stuff before he died.

I don't understand how you came to this conclusion. I just figured "he was a really gifted kid" and "he's the leader of Free the Soul" would have led to both things.

And Mind Hacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

Also man with the reveal that they're all in the same ward and awake at different times, it puts a hosed up spin on how unfair the Acid Bath decision game is for the latter teams

To be fair, Zero could have set it up so that the players who pressed the button fastest in the time relative to being told the message would be the "winner".

• Locked thread