Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Eonwe posted:

also drunk

:yeah:

Be there with ya soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm ready

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Somebody PM me on the 10th to unstick this.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Somebody PM me on the 10th to unstick this.

thank you

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Speedruns are...

*looks at chart*

bad????

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

It's beautiful.

And thanks for the sticky!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Studio posted:

Speedruns are...

*looks at chart*

bad????

they, and the funny things that come from them, are good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eonwe posted:

thank you
All the summer events happen at once so there's a billion stickies, I'm glad this one will be... done quick.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
megaman block hoooipe. greetings from megagermany. my megamom had megacancer and i want to help kick cancer in the butt. put this megadonation toward killing the animals in mega-super metroid

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

All the summer events happen at once so there's a billion stickies, I'm glad this one will be... done quick.

:boom:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Actually the goal of the charity drive is not to finish it quickly as that would negatively impact the ability for them to collect funds for their charity. While you are correct in that the goal of each run of the individual performer's demonstration is to go quickly, the actual charity itself is not designed to be finished any faster than the normal 154 hour allotted time. Sometimes it goes on slightly longer. I'd also add that the charity itself has to be over at the designated time as the staff involved have spent many, many countless hours and thousands of dollars making arrangements for their hotel stays, etc. It would do untold harm for them to have all this equipment/space allocated to them only to finish it early. The charity drive shall not end one second before it is expected to according to the schedule, as they have done very single year this charity drive has been going on since 2010.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

Actually the goal of the charity drive is not to finish it quickly as that would negatively impact the ability for them to collect funds for their charity. While you are correct in that the goal of each run of the individual performer's demonstration is to go quickly, the actual charity itself is not designed to be finished any faster than the normal 154 hour allotted time. Sometimes it goes on slightly longer. I'd also add that the charity itself has to be over at the designated time as the staff involved have spent many, many countless hours and thousands of dollars making arrangements for their hotel stays, etc. It would do untold harm for them to have all this equipment/space allocated to them only to finish it early. The charity drive shall not end one second before it is expected to according to the schedule, as they have done very single year this charity drive has been going on since 2010.

this made me laugh

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Besides the Best Games Done Quick blocks (often misidentified as Awful Games Done Quick), I'm looking forward to Pepsiman and Burning Rangers. Of course, it's the runs you don't see coming that turn out the best...

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
There's a Black Knight 2000 pin over there and there better be pics+vids.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

beep by grandpa posted:

:same:

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

beep by grandpa posted:

Actually AGDQ2012 finished over an hour ahead of schedule. :eng101:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

UraniumAnchor posted:

Actually AGDQ2012 finished over an hour ahead of schedule. :eng101:

For shame. That was an hour of fundraising you gave up!

Actual question though: How long after the event do donations still trickle in? Do you guys fully shut down the donation link right as you end the stream or do you leave it active for a few days to pull in some late donations?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

uh actually

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait to not watch most of the event and then spend countless man hours watching vods

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Will be going again this summer, working a couple graveyard shifts at the donation station.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

Can't wait to not watch most of the event and then spend countless man hours watching vods

Yeah. That's most of the fun. GDQs provide me with tons of background noise viewing for mindless tasks at work.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Studio posted:

Speedruns are...

*looks at chart*

bad????

Alright Soviet Waffles, why don't you do a speedrun of say Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell the Blacklist if you think speedruns are bad? :D

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I was kinda hoping for a surprise kick off game like last time with Splatoon. That was a great surprise of a speedrun.

But Mario Sunshine is a good solid run to start with.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

What is UP my peeps. Time to go fast

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

I was kinda hoping for a surprise kick off game like last time with Splatoon. That was a great surprise of a speedrun.

But Mario Sunshine is a good solid run to start with.

id watch them more except the start is so boring

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

tbh I'm too upset to post right now cause i just noticed my man bonesaw got hit with a jack and daxter graveyard shift run this year, his agdq14 opener was one of my favorite runs of all speedruns. I hope the tiny canadian has an audience in the room for it cause he always seems genuinely stoked to perform for a crowd :(

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Rirse posted:

Alright Soviet Waffles, why don't you do a speedrun of say Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell the Blacklist if you think speedruns are bad? :D

Woops gotta go uhhhh my oven is burning my house down.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Did I just see a speedrunner on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert? Did speedrunning just hit the big time?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

mangler103 posted:

Did I just see a speedrunner on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert? Did speedrunning just hit the big time?

Yes. No.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

My body & bar are ready for this week lets do this folks

Edit oddly enough I actually will get a ton of work out time in since I have something I can really watch and not get bored to death with :D

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 3, 2016

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

mangler103 posted:

Did speedrunning just hit the big time?

HAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

AH

HAHA

HAHAHAHEHEHEHEHE

Ho

Hooooooooew.

hehehe.

Sure.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

My body & bar are ready for this week lets do this folks

Hey what you got in your bar?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Crain posted:

Hey what you got in your bar?

Local brand cheap stuff mostly. Vodka, Rum, some ginger stuff the GF drinks, lots of schnapps, and stuff to make a lot of long islands.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Holy poo poo Kenny. Thanks for that shoutout to Samantha, I'll be sure to share it with her. Minor correction - she is at home right now, she was at Beaumont yesterday to be evaluated for treatment after the hospital she had been going to said there was nothing left to be done. Beaumont disagreed and will be giving her a phase 2 trial, and she returns there tomorrow.

Just checked into my room, time to get a badge and get to hunting people down.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I enjoyed seeing Studio do GDQ promos on the IGN and Gamespot streams, but I was distracted by how much he looked like the UK comedian Peter Kay in his show Max And Paddy's Road to Nowhere.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Budgie posted:

All the fun games will happen while I sleep. Such is life :(
Every time. Kids gotta take the good slots for their same old junk :bahgawd:

beep by grandpa posted:

tbh I'm too upset to post right now cause i just noticed my man bonesaw got hit with a jack and daxter graveyard shift run this year,
#bonemom

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Oyster posted:

Holy poo poo Kenny. Thanks for that shoutout to Samantha, I'll be sure to share it with her. Minor correction - she is at home right now, she was at Beaumont yesterday to be evaluated for treatment after the hospital she had been going to said there was nothing left to be done. Beaumont disagreed and will be giving her a phase 2 trial, and she returns there tomorrow.

Just checked into my room, time to get a badge and get to hunting people down.

drat man. I wish there were more that could be done for you and Sam. I really hope this works out for her.

If I were there I'd buy you any drinks you wanted. Or, I dunno, dinner. Memory foam pillow. A white noise generator.

Luxury pet of some kind...?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The Horrible Games block is sure to be magical, as it is every GDQ.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Crain posted:

drat man. I wish there were more that could be done for you and Sam. I really hope this works out for her.

If I were there I'd buy you any drinks you wanted. Or, I dunno, dinner. Memory foam pillow. A white noise generator.

Luxury pet of some kind...?

Pretty sure iastudent said he'd buy me drinks. No idea where the hell he is though.

I'm hanging in a room with golden and spike and I'm on my phone. Hah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Oyster posted:

Pretty sure iastudent said he'd buy me drinks. No idea where the hell he is though.

I'm hanging in a room with golden and spike and I'm on my phone. Hah.

So what your saying is that no one has claimed the luxury pet slot?

• Locked thread