Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ill buy you a ferret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Eonwe posted:

ill buy you a ferret

gently caress ferrets. What kinda luxury pet is that.

No ferret could hold a candle to a luxury chinchilla like this:

Oh...wait, I mean this:

poo poo....Maybe this:

gently caress.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Comrade Fakename posted:

I enjoyed seeing Studio do GDQ promos on the IGN and Gamespot streams, but I was distracted by how much he looked like the UK comedian Peter Kay in his show Max And Paddy's Road to Nowhere.

The best was when he, Felix, and Dave Lang had to drink the horrible 'White Russian' drink over on Giant Bomb.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hi friends i am excite for this event

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
What about another whatever the gently caress it is you made for the raffles

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Luna Was Here posted:

What about another whatever the gently caress it is you made for the raffles

IS IT REALLY THAT HARD TO RECOGNIZE MARIO IN THAT PIECE!?

LIKE DOES NO ONE REMEMBER THIS SHIRT FROM AGDQ!?

AND MY REPRODUCTION:

I thought it was good...

Crain fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 3, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Crain posted:

LIKE DOES NO ONE REMEMBER THAT SHIRT FROM AGDQ!?
I recognized it as a design from a t-shirt I've seen before, but I had no idea it was an AGDQ t-shirt.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

symbolic posted:

I recognized it as a design from a t-shirt I've seen before, but I had no idea it was an AGDQ t-shirt.

Oh....well then.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Crain posted:

So even thought the question of "What should I watch" isn't really something you can answer for everyone, there are some stand out runs that have regularly been amazing to watch.

Runs/Blocks to watch

- Awful Games Block.

you seem to have made a mistake because Ed edd n Eddy and Super Amazing Wagon Adventure are actually cool and fun games and not Awful.

That sounds like I'm memeing but I'm really not they're actually both pretty fun.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

you seem to have made a mistake because Ed edd n Eddy and Super Amazing Wagon Adventure are actually cool and fun games.

That sounds like I'm memeing but I'm really not they're actually both pretty fun.

"Awful games" block is just a blanket label.

It regularly features legitimately good games that just don't fit into any normal categories. Last time it featured games like Round-a-bout, which is an amazing game that's just plain weird.

"Awful games" doesn't necessarily mean the games are actually bad. But it does regularly feature objectively bad games all the same.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Crain posted:

LIKE DOES NO ONE REMEMBER THIS SHIRT FROM AGDQ!?

AND MY REPRODUCTION:

I thought it was good...

I like it. I forgot to buy the shirt before AGDQ ended and I was kinda miffed.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I not mad Luna. Just drunk and trying to make jokes.

Pls come back to sub.io...

EDIT: lmao you posted like 5 days ago. Nevermind.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I'm 400 miles away from my pc and I work close shifts now. I'm trying to get a job that lets me be home on evenings but I still goonman on my days off, you're just never around mang

Also zero time dilemma and Tokyo mirage sessions have kept me busy the last week

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

you're just never around mang

Lol I've been busy for the last moth making that monstrosity.

It's seriously huge.

28in x 24in

Also just work in general. We finally shipped our detector off this last week so I'm clear till november.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I know I've asked you this before but what is it you do, exactly? I know you don't just 3d print stuff constantly but isn't that a big part of it?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

I know I've asked you this before but what is it you do, exactly? I know you don't just 3d print stuff constantly but isn't that a big part of it?

Physics lab. Specifically a Cosmic Ray detector.

It flies around Antarctica in the winter (arctic summer).

Which is why the next GDQ event I could attend is SGDQ '17 sadly.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Empty quoting this.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

I am glad I got the shirt. Thanks, disregard for safety procedure.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

BCAS owns

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Fawf posted:

BCAS owns

details pls

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Uranium Anchor, Studio, and Halfcoordinated have been hugged. Took a minute since I don't really know anyone here.

Finally getting over being the awkward nerd among awkward nerds.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I want that Weird Mario thing very badly

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oyster posted:

Uranium Anchor, Studio, and Halfcoordinated have been hugged. Took a minute since I don't really know anyone here.

Finally getting over being the awkward nerd among awkward nerds.

you are like the least awkward nerd ive seen posting here

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
e: its on the website so nvm

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 3, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that almost never happens. oh that was unlucky. that went fine in practice. i've never seen that before. oh-- awwww. okay that's bad rng. that was some bad rng. yeah i gotta redo the last 5 minutes, but that's okay. marathon strats. what... why.. okay wow. WOW. this has never happenend before. the rng is really bad right now. can i have silence for this part please

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

that almost never happens. oh that was unlucky. that went fine in practice. i've never seen that before. oh-- awwww. okay that's bad rng. that was some bad rng. yeah i gotta redo the last 5 minutes, but that's okay. marathon strats. what... why.. okay wow. WOW. this has never happenend before. the rng is really bad right now. can i have silence for this part please
I'm getting flashbacks to PoP: Sands of Time from AGDQ this year.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
Haha, I made that! And also this:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I do not see any Big Jon on the schedule, sadly.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Eonwe posted:

you are like the least awkward nerd ive seen posting here

Posting on the internet and hanging out with a bunch of relative strangers are two very different things yo. Everyone's been really cool though, just gotta start talkin to em.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Incoherence posted:

I do not see any Big Jon on the schedule, sadly.
He's part of the Super Mario Maker race.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I am ready for fast

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

that's okay, I'm prepared for this, just let me load up my backup save. what, the backup save is corrupted? oh that's a hard lock. now the console won't turn on. why is your face melting? UA no put the knife down. I didn't touch a cable no no no stop help help

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

let me load up my backup save, i made it about 2 hours into the game so this run's going to take a little bit longer. safety save? i'm trying to break a world record here. what the-- I JUMPED, I JUMPED THERE. i hit jump you saw it

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

let me load up my backup save, i made it about 2 hours into the game so this run's going to take a little bit longer. safety save? i'm trying to break a world record here. what the-- I JUMPED, I JUMPED THERE. i hit jump you saw it

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

symbolic posted:

He's part of the Super Mario Maker race.

He better show up soon so I can get a picture with him before I leave Wednesday. I haven't seen Blueglass yet either. I'm missing Dwango by a day :(

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

CrashCat posted:

that's okay, I'm prepared for this, just let me load up my backup save. what, the backup save is corrupted? oh that's a hard lock. now the console won't turn on. why is your face melting? UA no put the knife down. I didn't touch a cable no no no stop help help

I see you watched PJ run something.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I can't help but notice that most of the runs this time are under 2 hours with very few exceeding that. I think it's a good change and I'm glad there won't be any more super long boring slogs at night.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Little Mac posted:

I want that Weird Mario thing very badly

Me literally screaming

Well get to bidding on it nerd.

July 8th. 6:25pm.

Super Mario Maker Run.

More literal screaming

• Locked thread