Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

I'm gonna bet it has something to do with a very stupid reason.

Like not being allowed to spout 4chan memes and be edgy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

staplegun posted:

Speaking of, Black Knight 2000 is pretty baller if you haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUTgj90iB7M&t=73s.

I swear Ed Boon posted so 'making of' pics for this table (it actually started out as a sequel to Flash) but I can't find them.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Crain posted:

jon benet shirt.jpg

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Macaluso posted:

edit: Oh gently caress these puzzles inside the mountain. I never would've finished the game if I had kept playing anyway
The broken-monitor puzzles are obnoxious but not as bad as they look, and while there are a lot of new mechanics in there they're all relatively easy to grasp. There's actually a bonus area that's harder than that, and it's timed. :getin:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Mortimer posted:

jon benet shirt.jpg

I'mma need a bit more context...

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crain posted:

I'mma need a bit more context...

one of the runners was going to wear a shirt that the whole front was covered by a picture of Jon Benet's face and was pretty much forced to change it, then couldn't understand why it was strange and creepy to wear that shirt. He just thought it looked good and was cool

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I mean, it's an awesome shirt, but maybe not when representing an organization

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

for this being such an apparently well-known bit of drama, it sure is resisting my every attempt to google it

someone send me the pastebin already

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Grizlor posted:

I mean, it's an awesome shirt, but maybe not when representing an organization

Yeah idk what he was thinking, of course ubisoft wouldn't be excited to have that included in their extended trials commercial.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
The lack of pastebins from this event really brings down its standing in the rankings for all time best gdqs. Ty was bad and uh... glitchless Zelda sucked?? lame!

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Crain posted:

Don't really follow Josh, but Adam's hardly what you would call an edgy memelord :shrug:

Apparently he's said the GDQs are more about the money than the community these days, and that he prefers more casual meetups. He'll probably be around for ESA but not as a runner.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ignis posted:

Apparently he's said the GDQs are more about the money than the community these days, and that he prefers more casual meetups. He'll probably be around for ESA but not as a runner.

Well yeah, why shouldn't it be?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly I don't really see the issue with a European runner not wanting to go to an American marathon he's not super jazzed about even if it is a GDQ. That's a shitload of travel for something you're just meh about.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Looper posted:

Well yeah, why shouldn't it be?

Honestly if people feel that way I can't really fault them and it's why I went out to limit break last year, smaller gatherings still definitely have their place.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Hey UA/Studio--do you all know if GDQ will make VOD playlists at some point for the earlier marathons? Looking at going an article once I get clear of a couple things and it'd be great to have a central clearinghouse for everything. (Plus pointing people to the site rather than to rando YouTube feeds.)

elentar fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 15, 2016

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

KKKLIP ART posted:

then couldn't understand why it was strange and creepy to wear that shirt. He just thought it looked good and was cool
this part sounds like bullshit

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

this part sounds like bullshit

It was taken from a quote by someone who was there with him, I can't remember how far back it was posted

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

one of the runners was going to wear a shirt that the whole front was covered by a picture of Jon Benet's face and was pretty much forced to change it, then couldn't understand why it was strange and creepy to wear that shirt. He just thought it looked good and was cool

Well that's just...that's a....hmmm

Ignis posted:

Don't really follow Josh, but Adam's hardly what you would call an edgy memelord :shrug:

This is a mentality that's not exactly wrong, but that atmosphere that people liked about early events is a victim of success.

We've talked about it every event for at least 3 years now.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

elentar posted:

Hey UA/Studio--do you all know if GDQ will make VOD playlists at some point for the earlier marathons? Looking at going an article once I get clear of a couple things and it'd be great to have a central clearinghouse for everything. (Plus pointing people to the site rather than to rando YouTube feeds.)

Earlier marathons which? The official GDQ channel should have one for every marathon on the channel.

If you mean pre-SGDQ2014, I need to come up with a way to sanely reupload about 500 videos without lighting everybody's subscription feeds on fire before I can make playlists.

You should at least be able to find all the old videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpeedDemosArchiveSDA

e: goddammit forums stop trying to be clever with my youtube links

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

UraniumAnchor posted:

Earlier marathons which? The official GDQ channel should have one for every marathon on the channel.

If you mean pre-SGDQ2014, I need to come up with a way to sanely reupload about 500 videos without lighting everybody's subscription feeds on fire before I can make playlists.

You should at least be able to find all the old videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpeedDemosArchiveSDA

e: goddammit forums stop trying to be clever with my youtube links

You should be able to upload them unlisted then build the playlist and make it public afterwards.

Unless that still hits the sub feeds.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Crain posted:

You should be able to upload them unlisted then build the playlist and make it public afterwards.

Unless that still hits the sub feeds.

That's how I upload the finished videos (I do a spot check to check for obvious problems) and it still hits people's feeds. I think a video goes on the feed the first time it goes public.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

UraniumAnchor posted:

That's how I upload the finished videos (I do a spot check to check for obvious problems) and it still hits people's feeds. I think a video goes on the feed the first time it goes public.

Maybe try and hide by uploading the next GDQ's vods + the backlog all at once?

I mean it's like hiding Everest under a throw rug, but...I mean people will probably mind less?

Or just upload one archive event with each event going forward?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Upload them on a second account and just host the playlists on GamesDoneQuick once they are all up. Have a video announcing it on the main channel.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

CommaToes posted:

Upload them on a second account and just host the playlists on GamesDoneQuick once they are all up. Have a video announcing it on the main channel.

They're already on the SDA channel, right? Maybe it'd be possible to just make playlists from the SDA channel videos and host that on the GDQ channel, but I've never managed a media project of anything even 1/10000 of this size so I have no idea.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
What about uploading one or two every week as a throwback?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Upload them all at once and then go to subscribers houses with a bullhorn and tell them personally.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Modus Pwnens posted:

What about uploading one or two every week as a throwback?

Even if I uploaded one per day it would take about two years to get them all up.

There's a LOT of old stuff.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

SeXReX posted:

Upload them all at once and then go to subscribers houses with a bullhorn and tell them personally.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

UraniumAnchor posted:

Even if I uploaded one per day it would take about two years to get them all up.

There's a LOT of old stuff.

just do it all at once, i dont see why it matters that it gives people notifications, if they dont want them they can turn them off, i think

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
If you're worried about notification-spamming then I feel like creating a second account and making a playlist out of them with the first is probably the most straightforward way to do it.

for fucks sake dan
Nov 30, 2015
If you want to put them up on your main account is there a way to send a mass message basically saying "Hey I'm going to upload hundreds of videos in a few days so if you don't want to be flooded with notifications you should turn them off for a while"?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

When you upload a video to youtube you can set whether it should notify subscribers or not.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Digirat posted:

When you upload a video to youtube you can set whether it should notify subscribers or not.

This. Upload a video and set it as private while uploading. At any point before you set it to public you look for the box about notifying subscribers on the page with all the video details (language, upload date, location, etc) and make sure it isn't ticked. It's on the left side of that page.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jul 15, 2016

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Just upload the videos.
Oh no my youtube subscriptions list (That doesn't work half of the time anyway)? :shrug:

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Mierenneuker posted:

This. Upload a video and set it as private while uploading. At any point before you set it to public you look for the box about notifying subscribers on the page with all the video details (language, upload date, location, etc) and make sure it isn't ticked. It's on the left side of that page.

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, this is only on the per-video page and if you think I'm doing that for 773 videos (I went and did the math) you're nuts. :v:

Unless there's a way to do it en masse. Maybe there's something in the upload api that lets me disable notifications.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Isn't adding descriptions, playlists and such for 733 videos a whole lot of work too? If you are committed to such a behemoth task it's just another drop in the bucket of sweat and tears :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Just do it and embrace chaos

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
going back through the runs and just gotta say it was really cool having Owen Wilson show up during the Jak and Daxter run

that run is easily Best of this year's GDQ's

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

My friend missed that run but she's coming over tomorrow and I've already decided we're getting drunk and watching that all the way through. It's gonna be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

If you're going to do it, do it all at once. Getting flooded with hundreds of video notifications at once doesn't bother me but getting 10 a day from the same source for a year does.

• Locked thread