Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

LeafyOrb posted:

I can't help but notice that most of the runs this time are under 2 hours with very few exceeding that. I think it's a good change and I'm glad there won't be any more super long boring slogs at night.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

This on purpose or because RPG Limit Break just happened so everyone who wanted that could have seen that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Oyster posted:

He better show up soon so I can get a picture with him before I leave Wednesday. I haven't seen Blueglass yet either. I'm missing Dwango by a day :(

Blueglass isn't making it out this time, sadly. It was very last minute, we even have a Volunteer badge for him. :(

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

UraniumAnchor posted:

Blueglass isn't making it out this time, sadly. It was very last minute, we even have a Volunteer badge for him. :(

Man, I'll miss that infectious laugh and enthusiasm. :(

EDIT: I'm now playing SMRPG on the VC. I wonder if I'll beat it before this week is over?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

UraniumAnchor posted:

Someone needs to make a Bluegrass Bot. That laughter is needed.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

UraniumAnchor posted:

This SGDQ is ruined

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zorglorfian posted:

Man, I'll miss that infectious laugh and enthusiasm. :(

EDIT: I'm now playing SMRPG on the VC. I wonder if I'll beat it before this week is over?

Back when it came out, I managed to beat it in three days. Dunno how I did that back then since I haven't beat it in years.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

UraniumAnchor posted:

christmas is loving cancelled

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

christmas is loving cancelled

Real Christmas. Not that fake as December Christmas.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I might have missed him since I'm looking at the schedule on mobile, but is TriHex not attending?

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

UraniumAnchor posted:

The one time I show up! :argh: meh, more incentive to go to AGDQ. I really am impressed at how cool everyone is, even calling out to people I recognize when they have no idea who I am.

Whelp. At least I should get to see Team Poor Life Choices in action.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
http://www.theyetee.com/sgdq

SGDQ shirts are up. :)

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

My wardrobe is slowly just becoming GDQ t-shirts and jeans...

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Yeah! I didn't buy any when I registered. Time to change that!

And hey, Kerfuffle! I got your last PM, I just didn't respond because things have been very uncertain this past week. Now that she's starting the trial tomorrow and there still is hope I'd like to take you up on that, if it's still possible.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Oyster posted:

Yeah! I didn't buy any when I registered. Time to change that!

And hey, Kerfuffle! I got your last PM, I just didn't respond because things have been very uncertain this past week. Now that she's starting the trial tomorrow and there still is hope I'd like to take you up on that, if it's still possible.

Absolutely! No worries at all. Offer is up for as long as you're comfortable accepting. :)

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

UraniumAnchor posted:

:cry:

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Crain posted:

details pls
BCAS stands for Burst Chaser + Air Sliding, I believe. It's a mod for NES Mega Man games where Mega Man moves much faster (Burst Chaser) and can slide in the air. It's pretty cool to watch old MM games be played that way

edit: This is my first time really looking at the schedule. I knew the ending would be Mario RPG but I see that FFVI is still right there near the end for name donation fun. Also Behemoth being there for the Super Metroid race is cool and someone that hasn't been there for a previous run

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 3, 2016

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

UraniumAnchor posted:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Think I am going to order that FFVI Opera and Pepsi Man shirt. Maybe the Kefka and Aria of Sorrow shirt too.

Glad there are some good designs this time, as none of the AGDQ selection really left a impression on me.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I always like the designs, but I wish the shirts were nicer quality, like Fangamer's.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Too bad about Blueglass. I remember SGDQ 2015 when he was on the couch for Tides of Time and realized at some point he was actually mic'ed so he started commentating.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I hope they stop trying to be so professional. That e-sports vibe they went for last time really bummed me out. Don't put them in an interview chair and ask them to participate in a press release about speedrunning, let them do whatever they feel like doing to entertain themselves/the audience. I'm not here because I want to see the employees in a speedrun factory, I want to see nerds be nerds.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can someone over at GDQ slap Coolmatty and let jimmypoopins back in? Its not his fault you idiots didn't approve his registration and you could easily give him a pass from those registered who didn't make it.

Nobody has a problem with it except Matty, seriously don't do Jimmy dirty like that man, that's hosed up.

quote:

I hope they stop trying to be so professional. That e-sports vibe they went for last time really bummed me out. Don't put them in an interview chair and ask them to participate in a press release about speedrunning, let them do whatever they feel like doing to entertain themselves/the audience. I'm not here because I want to see the employees in a speedrun factory, I want to see nerds be nerds.

That era is over dude, watch NASA for that.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Who's the drunkest runner, I wanna watch that

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Maxwell Adams posted:

Personally I feel the exact opposite. Loved the little interviews last time, since sometimes during a run it can be hectic and not enough time to explain stuff properly. Also I feel like the event and the participants are still sufficiently nerdy.

Is PJ doing just one run this event? That guy's always entertaining. Loved the Lagoon run last time.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Modus Pwnens posted:

I always like the designs, but I wish the shirts were nicer quality, like Fangamer's.

fwiw I've personally noticed a jump in print quality in the last year or so. The ink is a lot softer and I think they got a new provider for their shirt stock.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I can't believe they let some brony freak actually do this

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Are the yeetee shirts the only ones or will there be more as the week goes on? As in, should I buy them now or later?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Crain posted:

Me literally screaming

Well get to bidding on it nerd.

July 8th. 6:25pm.

Super Mario Maker Run.

More literal screaming

I- I know. I just said I want to win it. why are you yelling :((((((

I bought the Weird Mario shirt. It's great. Now I need that Weird Mario thing. I need all Weird Mario things.

Maxwell Adams posted:

No, it's better now.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Honestly milking bronies for donations in some favorite pony bid war seems like a solid idea to me.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Little Mac posted:

No, it's better now.

Caleb isn't allowed to rip his shirt off anymore.

It's worse.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

i love everything you do to upset people on the internet

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

FYI MS Edge doesnt use flash it just streams to screen and seems to do 720p60 no problem for those who dont wanna deal with livestreamer for whatever reason

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Rorus Raz posted:

Honestly milking bronies for donations in some favorite pony bid war seems like a solid idea to me.

a few people I've talked to and myself agreed it's about 2 years too late for getting the maximum money out of it brony-wise, but figured it'll do decent if enough people see it and share it.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

LethalGeek posted:

FYI MS Edge doesnt use flash it just streams to screen and seems to do 720p60 no problem for those who dont wanna deal with livestreamer for whatever reason

This should also work in Firefox and Chrome if you disable Flash. You need to disable Flash in Edge for this to happen anyway, I think.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I want this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2cW5K1A5Yg&t=509s

24 hours a day
for a week.

Is that so much to ask?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I didn't realize double posting was still a thing.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I don't usually go for this stuff but how could I not get a Pepsiman t-shirt.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

:eyepop: :captainpop:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
wait this is in minneapolis

can you just like, walk-in or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Pretty cool prizes this year. I really dig that Mark of the Ninja one and jesus christ thin Mario is still loving terrifying.

• Locked thread