Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

How could this happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That owned

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Glorious

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

Guacamelee's going to be run today? If you don't know the game, be sure to check it out - it will absolutely be a blast

I made it onto the top 10 leaderboard for hard mode 100% and can attest that there's all kinds of fun combos and movement tech like unintended multiple wall jumps that you can pull off. If they're doing any% (which i sincerely hope they are, since 100% is multi-hour) i hear there are all kinds of sequence breaks as well

They are and there's also a donation incentive for a blindfolded final boss fight

I'm looking forward to it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That website is indeed busted

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Can anyone explain what exactly is causing his confusion?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh no this is so hosed

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm so sad

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This owns actually

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It truly was the controller

Incredible

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The reveal was absolutely incredible this run is the best

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I loved when he thought he was in a safe room while that enemy sloooooowly and silently raised its sword.

Good thing it made a sound and he freaked out but recovered

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Schurik posted:

That was a pitch perfect Jean-Ralphio

Yeah I laughed

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sick

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is disgusting

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

WHY WON'T IT END

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

NO

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh my god make it stop

I don't think I've ever seen a run of a good game that makes me so not want to ever play it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lessail posted:

that was perfect with how the room was absolutely quiet except for the sound of keyboard

It really was

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I love this guy this is gonna be cool

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Simulacra posted:

ilu Halfcoordinated

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Watching this is making me ache for a new Mario 64-like game :( I love both 64 and Sunshine, but the Galaxy games are literally unplayable for me and lately they've just been making dumb New Super Mario Bros games. :smith:

Why are they unplayable? Motion sickness? I had a friend in highschool who said that was the reason he couldn't play the first one when it came out.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Bingo. The way you orbit around the level instead of walking on flat ground just fucks me up. :negative:

Man that sucks.

Unfortunately it seems like they really have veered towards more bite sized level based gameplay. 3D World and 3D Land are both great but I still miss the other style.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zorglorfian posted:

I was waiting for that guy to say "save the animals". I missed what percentage goes to MSF or all of it?

All the money for the event goes to MSF. He was saying that within MSF they put 82% of all money donated into field operations rather than administrative or fundraising costs, which is a big issue with charities sometimes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is a close loving race so far

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aces High posted:

barring a huge gently caress up I think the Japanese version will win out because of seconds saved from faster load times

:rip:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

THE TABLES TURN

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dias posted:

drat, that actually evened them up somewhat.

Yeah he made up a lot of time on that boss fight, pretty cool

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aaand they're neck and neck again

This is intense

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DOOOOM

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

"I can't believe what I'm seeing here"

Me neither because I find this game absolutely impossible to follow

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What is it about this version that the other really good tetris people can't do it

I don't understand tetris

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

No hold piece or floor kicks, basically some nice quality of life features for new players aren't in TGM2

Okay but like they said they don't race it because KevinDDR and the others can't keep up with Qlex, but they did race the other version of TGM2. That's what I'm not clear on

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well I still don't care for tetris but I have to admit the excitement is infectious so I'm having fun

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

N-no

Those monsters

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

WHAT IS THIS

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

WHY