Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Be so kind and list some of the "highlights of the night/day" every now and then. Easy to check the best stuff out. I'll do my own lists as the week goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Too bad about Blueglass. I remember SGDQ 2015 when he was on the couch for Tides of Time and realized at some point he was actually mic'ed so he started commentating.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Maxwell Adams posted:

I hope they stop trying to be so professional. That e-sports vibe they went for last time really bummed me out. Don't put them in an interview chair and ask them to participate in a press release about speedrunning, let them do whatever they feel like doing to entertain themselves/the audience. I'm not here because I want to see the employees in a speedrun factory, I want to see nerds be nerds.

Personally I feel the exact opposite. Loved the little interviews last time, since sometimes during a run it can be hectic and not enough time to explain stuff properly. Also I feel like the event and the participants are still sufficiently nerdy.

Is PJ doing just one run this event? That guy's always entertaining. Loved the Lagoon run last time.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Livestreamer makes everything better.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The camera could show more of the crowd than 3 guys behind the couch I guess.

Or maybe there's no more than those guys there.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Crain posted:

I'm gonna set that up later.

Pop out player's working well for me for now.

Yeah, I recommend it. I'm using Chrome and it works like a charm - put the stream on VLC and then watch it without any lag or whatever and can put it on my TV screen if I want to watch one run on a big screen.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Is there still time to donate for Sam? I didn't realize we were gonna do it now.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Minrad posted:

I think I will try this out for most of the runs I'm around to watch. people always ask about which runs are worth watching so I'll post these as a reference while it's fresh in my mind. Maybe other people can do these so we have a reference for every run, for vod watchers after the event's over?

Super Mario Sunshine, any%

If people have time and interest of doing this it would help a lot. I will try to do my part when I'm watching early morning euro times or something.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The couch looks too small for even three normal sized adults, let alone ... more ample gentlemen.

Need new couch.

e: I like that they added the info on what music is playing.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, that bunghole.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

Please don't send this person hate/death threats, be strong goons

Well yeah, he didn't know what was going on. (maybe it wouldn't have stopped him anyway.)

We can have another try later on.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm gonna protest and watch France-Iceland instead.

(except if this run turns out really good.)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SeXReX posted:

moral of the story is the internet sucks

So does this runner, he already died

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i'm kinda worried about bad commentary for freedom planet because while the run is excellent, I know Fladervy pretty well and dude doesn't speak great English and is really loving shy. I'm hoping his co-comm and the special guest (which you probably know about already if you follow my twitter but i'm gonna be coy for fun) can carry the run for him.

ganbatte fladervy

It shouldn't be a problem if the couch and the runner talk about this beforehand and say, okay, you can focus on playing if you want, we'll handle the talking.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

sout posted:

this is a good angle of the runner

Yeah, nothing like looking at the top of runner's head. Awkward for those who have bald spots.

Seriously, the camera angles need adjusting.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I have no idea how well they hashed that out in advance, since I know who the co-comm is and bluntly he doesn't really know a whole lot about Milla%. Maybe he swots up before the run, or gets notes or some poo poo but I dunno, I'm concerned. Would break my heart to have done a fair amount of liaising stuff to organise some poo poo for the run only it for to then be met with a "meh" reaction.

i'm more concerned about this than I should be, really but still I want this to go well for all of us in FP speedrunning.

I hope everything works out for you guys. I will probably be watching this run live, since it's evening euro time.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 3, 2016

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

UraniumAnchor posted:

The runner's sitting at the PC station and we couldn't really do better with the camera we had. The main layout when people are on the TVs should be better.

Yeah, the sunshine run was just fine in this regard, although I would've liked to see the crowd a bit more.

One thing I gotta say that the layout is absolutely gorgeous this year.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm personally not that interested in LbW, but I feel like the runner & commentators have got somewhat more relaxed during this run.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

What just happened

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

HNNNNNNGGH

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

SO reading through, apparently Twitch chat was the reason that people were having terrible times trying to stream stuff and that the solution was to use a client like the popout viewer or livestreamer with no chat window. How does that happen?

There's instructions on how to use Livestreamer in the OP.

I don't really care for the chat, but the main reason to use Livestreamer is to get the stream on VLC and it 99% of the time works flawlessly with no lag or loading, unlike the browser based streams.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

UraniumAnchor posted:

Secondary 'chill couch'. There's a TV on the floor that's mirroring the stream. You can see it here:

(Shot is from last year, but it's basically the same.)

Looks really cool. Wish I could be there live sometime. I've actually thought of going to ESA, since I have relatives in Sweden (Finland myself) but I don't know if you can just visit, walk in and watch some streams.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

He really wants the music!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

hhhat posted:

Alright guys adgq got me this fab avatar I'm expecting great things from the summer

I remember trying to image search for it last time, so now I'll just ask you directly what the source is.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Pretty solid start, Demon's souls is definitely a good watch if you missed it. I'm gonna head out for the night, hopefully people will list some good runs of the next 7-8 hours.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Judging from a quick skim over the threads' pages during the night it seems like at least Tropical freeze and Catherine were worth a watch.

Might have to wait until the GDQ channel releases stuff on their YT channel, since I'm a bit busy in the next few days and there's interesting stuff in live too.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

They GOT A PEDAL NOW

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, the runs from last night are already on the YouTube channel. Way better than using the Twitch janky timelines.

Good job!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The big head mode!

This is a pretty solid run, the runner makes good commentary and explains the tricks.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm taking this chance to watch the VOD on Tropical freeze and I'm loving the commentating already. If you hate this "eSports" style, I don't know what to say.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, those previous games have been rather straight-up bad (or what's worse, mediocre) instead of funny bad. The Flintstones runner was kinda weird to top it off.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It's always great when a runner can give insightful commentary and even crack jokes while actually playing the game as fast as possible.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

These guys are like an old married couple

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Actraiser with Straevaras? Puwexil and PJ on the couch? Yes please!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SWMadness posted:

Anything worthwhile to watch from the Awful Games Block?

I liked Ed, Edd and Eddy. Otherwise it was pretty forgettable, unfortunately. Not really Awful games, just mediocre ones.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I wish they would put the background music info box back on.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That thin guy will be crushed to death.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

And someone complained that the runners aren't nerdy enough.

I love the Saturn version of Rockman 8 so it's great that we got this one.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

JUMPINGU JUMPINGU

SLIDINGU SLIDINGU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I like how enthusiasthic the runner is, though. And the commentary is good.

But that couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This is choke central.

• Locked thread