Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Aw goddamnit this Sunshine run is any%, not 100%. Still, a good way to open up the marathon. Oh and I hope that the Harry Potter 2 game is the PC version, that game needs more exposure because it's awesome to watch with a lot of cool skips, a bit of bugs and really nice movement.

Oh, Colors DS in the Sonic block, never saw that run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Crain posted:

- Sonic '06

I haven't watched this run myself yet, but the game is amazingly broken. Probably worth a look. July 6th 2:20pm. For a fresher see this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xrS5NEBKjU

Having followed the Sonic 06 running scene for a long while I can tell you - it's magically broken. You can activate a glitch that acutally gives you 100% completion on your save, but that isn't used in the speedrun. But there's gonna be walking through walls, using stuff the programmers never finished for infinite jumping and lauching yourself at crazy speeds by *just* missing rails you can grind.
It's gonna be great.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

:eyepop: :captainpop:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Plutonium YOU DOLT

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.humblebundle.com/sgdq-2016-bundle HERE'S THE BUNDLE

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Man, MSF sure is old.

HERE WE GO SUNSHINES

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well some start that is with a 6,5 minutes slowdown

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Mario was going supernova for a second there.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
CHOKING HAZARD

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Okay I knew he's gonna be easy to beat, but that was at least funny instead of just *Serious time*

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

this ui is really great. remember it was just 3 years ago we had to endure this eyesore:

Man I just now noticed that this is an amazing group photo of the *GDQ superstars.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Gooper Blooper :drat:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
That loving spring skip.

Crain posted:

Alright, Sam's winning:

awesome :3:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh gently caress yeah Sonic Advance music.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Okay, grass shooting cats, I must have woken up for the silly games block.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh gently caress yeah Seckswrecks meme hour is on

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh and our boy Studio is there I just noticed, gently caress yeah.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh drat choked at the very end.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
A chill PC run in the dead hours of the night is always a good breather for a GDQ event, haters beware.
I remember the SC2 run Raelkun did some years ago and it was good as well.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
"Hi I'm Studio, and I have a foot pedal!"

Off to a great start I see.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dias posted:

guy with the not-stream-friendly striped shirt

This and the bee room in Freedom Planet will be the end of all streams bitrate.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Why were Dark Forces and Jedi Academy, runs people actually want to watch, ran so early in the morning?

Because it's a 24/7 marathon event and stuff like that is actually bound to happen?
I mean everything is rear end backwards for me in Europe anyway, but I don't complain, there's always VODs. By the way, good job tech crew on having those upload really fast to youtube, and this time there's no sound issues! Yaaaaay.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
New record!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh gently caress yeah, I get home and it's Freedom Planet time, LET'S loving GO

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Jesus Christ how does Kirbymastah know stuff about so many games he's on the couch like half the time.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Strife actually patched a skip in for us, because we found a thing that really broke the game's timing method so we asked him to fix the timing method and not the skip.

He did. Strife is a cool dude and was really friendly to me in my attempts to organise dev commentary for this run. He's pretty nice.

That skip was one of the most confusing and awesome things I've ever seen speedrunners do btw. On par with Replay Glitch for GTA:Vice City.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh that flying machine guy is such a bitch as Lilac, good grief Milla makes him look like a chump.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
"I've never seen that happen before" from a Dev surely is a GDQ first.

Oh no okay the Mask dev totally said that too.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Does the WR get all the skips/zips first try? I can't imagine where Fladervy lost 2 whole minutes :psyduck:

Also I was under the impression White Socks was doing a pretty good job with the commentary, I know that the dev didn't get to talk much, but Freedom Planet is a visually busy game and trying to watch it without someone explaining it is really confusing.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Eonwe posted:

i swear to gently caress i just heard someone fart on stream

Oh good so I wasn't only my imagination

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
96 hit combo? On the final boss? BLINDFOLDED?

I don't think I got that much in a casual play :psyduck:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
OH MY GOD that Yetee donation touched me on a level I didn't anticipate.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

I don't think those final levels are getting SS'd

Y A T T A

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Crain posted:

Oh god I just looked this is an hour+ run.

I think this is an intentional overstate, because of the unforgicing nature of the game there will be a lot of fuckups and restarts as we go into futher into the game.

...so there is a chance this is gonna be a bit longer then the estimate as well.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hell yeah, difficult levels up ahead.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Floor? What the gently caress is that :v:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Beasteh posted:

oh god the chokes

When not doing these IL, chokes are part of the route.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Y O T T A

Here we go. The Grandmaster exam of Dustforce.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I love how the whole room is completely quiet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I need a cigarette.

AND HE'S ONLY THE 5th FASTEST.

• Locked thread