Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Did I just see a speedrunner on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert? Did speedrunning just hit the big time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I'm looking at the bid list...is there no save/kill the animals this year?

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

this ui is really great. remember it was just 3 years ago we had to endure this eyesore:

I'm looking for my favorite GDQ gif if anyone can help me. It's a did with long hair about to clap and then he glances to the guy not clapping to his left and aborts his clap. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

Yeah, their graphics get better and better every event.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Your Computer posted:

:yeah:

Call me heartless, but a week of "my entire family died to cancer" set to upbeat Mario music gets kinda awkward.

Although my favorite moment from January was when they had a guy on the phone complain about the announcer not being happy enough and the announcer was like:

":D I just donated because my grandmother died of cancer last year! :D"

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Dr. Dos posted:

The weirdest thing to me about that run is that he had another run earlier in the marathon and it was perfectly watchable.

Yeah, some dark poo poo must have happened in between his Sonic run and Crash Bandicoot run.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Haha, 3 seconds slower to not kill him.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

half coordinated! Woo! What's he running?

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Moatman posted:

Momodora

No idea what that is, but it's halfcoordinated, who did my fave run at AGDQ, so I will definitely be watching.

mangler103 fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 3, 2016

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Ramadu posted:

Did they just stop reading donations from people with cancer or anything geez its just game stuff

They're not benefiting a cancer charity. But I remember a few cancer stories always slip through.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

Why are they running this Newgrounds game at AGDQ

It looks like the kind of game people only play because they know no one will play it and they can get the speedrun record for.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

OK, making GBS threads on the standard donation comments was pretty funny.

I have a feeling they're going to get a talking to after the run.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Anime body pillow spotted.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Is that Fivel from An American Tail sitting on the table?

I don't care if it isn't, I've already made my decision

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

"Uncle Diddle" sounds like the nickname for a child molestor...

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Poultron posted:

STRONG DONG

The Strong Dong is one of the most important tricks for fully appreciating Uncle Diddle's wild Ride.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Fiblah posted:

So glad they still have Sent doing prizes. This guy is so amazingly awkward every time he's on camera.

He must be a stone cold boss at organizing and shipping stuff. Because wow, he hasn't learned anything about how to be on a mic in front of a camera.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Wow, someone other than Miles runs this game? I don't think I've ever seen anyone else do a Prime game at a GDQ

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

AvidAcid posted:

Miles' Metroid Prime run (last AGDQ?) where he was constantly telling the couch they were wrong is one of my favorite GDQ runs.

I'm looking forward to him correcting Kirbymastah

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Yay! Greetings from Germany! Everyone drink!

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

I love these old MegaMan runs because I was always terrible at Mega Man games when I was a kid. I think a friend and I collaborated to beat MM2 one day. I've tried the newer old school games like MM9 in the past few years and I can't even get to a single robot master. :(

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Veib posted:

Who the hell thought that the Vietnam War would make a good theme for a Megaman stage.

Everything will eventually be the theme of a Megaman stage. It was just Vietnam's turn.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Would any of the couch commentators like to explain what the hell this game is? No? OK then.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Mighty Gunvolt was literally created as a free giveaway game. That's why it is what it is. It was something thrown together for super-cheap to promote other games. Any "why is it this way?" questions can be answered with "two interns threw it together on their lunch break."

It suddenly all makes sense...except for why people are trying to speedrun it.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

The PS1 block always bums me out. This is what we used to consider acceptable graphics?

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Pakled posted:

I was just thinking "these graphics are really good for PS1."

I agree actually. But so many jaggies.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

The Colonel posted:

actually i take that bacl, threads of fate still looks pretty decent

also i'm digging this ape escape run

Yeah, I wasn't super familiar with this one, but it looks like a really fun game.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Although, what madman installed sirens on the tops of every monkey's head?

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Azazell0 posted:

I wonder if anyone could answer about the more technical side of the streaming - what are they using to capture RGB signals? Capture card, sync strike, etc? I've been meaning to get into live streaming retro but all my consoles are RGB and the options aren't very numerous.

Not sure what they use, but I have used the elgato Game Capture HD in the past, and it works really well.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

The gently caress? We were just having fun putting monkeys in nets, and all of a sudden a dark souls boss shows up.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

DS Dad is on the couch!

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Thursday Next posted:

Any answer to this? I'd also be able to donate, say, a few PS4s or the like. Not handmade art stuff, but hopefully decent prizes.

I'm sure there's some call for donations on the official forums at speeddemosarchive.com.

Also, the guy that announces what prizes are available during interview sections is the same guy that coordinates all that. If you can figure out his contact info, I imagine you can talk to him directly.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Ramadu posted:

Jesus christ thats a lot of people for a german ratchet and clank video game

I'm assuming some/most are waiting for Zelda, which starts next.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

I made a special donation, just to be eligible for the cross-stitch. Awesome work.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Rirse posted:

Wait how did he get the good ending if he harvested the little sisters?

He loaded a safety save he had made before the marathon.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

What is up with this music? I feel like I should be running through an abandoned asylum.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Eonwe posted:

its amazing how poorly nearly all N64 games aged

If it wasn't developed by Nintendo, it's essentially unplayable.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

I dig the banter between these guys. All runs should have a legit comedy team.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Oh dear...Castlevania 64...do we have to?

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Crain posted:

stream crash?

Gone for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Half Coordinated! Glad I got home in time to see his run live.

• Locked thread