Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I do not see any Big Jon on the schedule, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I'm sure there are Trve Kvlt Speedrunners who disagree, but I'd much rather have a personally engaging runner who explains what's happening even while he makes a few mistakes than a robot who bangs out a slightly faster time.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I can't help but sing along "the theme from the Dark World" every time that theme comes up.

beep by grandpa posted:

I know this is a big ol can o worms I prob shouldn't open up here but did anyone submit any Undertale Genocide runs? I watched some last year that were pretty entertaining especially cause the whole run is one giant buildup to one nearly impossible final boss fight. would be cool to see someone do it live at an event.s
Toby has been fairly clear that he really doesn't want Undertale run at a GDQ.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
"We're speed reacters"

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
ODPixel deciding to bring the sick Dota 2 memes to SGDQ with that $322 donation.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
If you've been living under a mountain for years and haven't played Bastion, you should remedy that. Then play Transistor. Then preorder Pyre.

I might be a Supergiant fanboy.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Gamma Nerd posted:

:byodame: NEW RECO- NEW RECORDNEW RECORD! :byodame:
This run is pretty great so far except for the NEW RECORD spam.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Competitive 2-player Catherine has really taken off over the last year or so. Watching that is like watching an incomprehensible battle between sheep wizards.
Well, we just watched an incomprehensible battle between a wizard and the RNG, so I guess it fits.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
America% :911:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
He skips about a whole lap with tricks and still only wins by 4 seconds. This is certainly a racing game.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The French restream has noticed the influx of English-speaking viewers.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Are we sure Blueglass isn't here? One of the people in the crowd that keeps yelling "WOO" sounds like him.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Blockhouse posted:

Why does he only have one claw hand?!
Sometimes you need the manual dexterity of a human hand, sometimes you need the raw grasping power of the claw hand.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Dias posted:

Star-Spangled Banner doesn't have words as much as it has slight breaks between sick-rear end melismas.
Also it's an annoyingly complicated song to sing by national anthem standards so people just show off while doing it. This is also why there's a prop bet every year about how long the Super Bowl's rendition of the anthem will be.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Your Computer posted:

If the Link's Awakening run is bad I'm going to be really disappointed.

I love that game so much (and I'm glad they chose DX since you can beat the original in like 3 minutes.)
I remember playing around with the warp glitch in the original as a kid. I actually didn't know how to legitimately get into Turtle Rock my first couple times through the game.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I left for a BBQ right around the time Link's Awakening started; anything good happen tonight?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Random Indie Platformers Played Normally 2016

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The cool thing about Super Meat Boy is that all of the rotating saws and such are on level-wide cycles tied to level time in such a way that, most of the time, if you're doing the intended route as fast as possible, they'll all line up for you.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Ceramics posted:

this guys alright. which is good because hes also doing resident evil 2 next
His voice sounds like Bob Ross and it's going to put me to sleep (which is probably fine since it's 1am here).

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
There's the Bob Ross runner and the golf-commentator couch guy.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The memes are harshing my chill.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Sonics Without Borders

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I feel like there is something wrong with these people grinding ILs on "Who's the Captain" and "Trial of Love".

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Sonic 06, everybody.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Burginator posted:

I mean the characters are pretty faceless, that's true, but I quite enjoyed the combat. A bunch of the weapons were really cool, the art and music are absolutely beautiful, and there are a few really memorable boss fights (For me, at least)
I actually sort of liked the combat in Dark Dawn better because they nerfed the big summons and you didn't spend the whole game doing the awkward "summon djinn but don't lose all your healing abilities" dance.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Xenothral posted:

Notch has turned into a very angry old man
Yeah, Notch says all sorts of stupid poo poo now. I think he's going stir-crazy with his billion dollars and nothing to do.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah, there was a reddit ama somewhere from a camgirl and she said that the big sites have what is essentially an in-site currency that is used and you cant solicit for paypal or some other payment platform, so to get around it they do skype shows and poo poo or post an Amazon wishlist so you can just get poo poo you were going to buy with your cam-money anyway. Its kinda strange and it is paying for sex through layers of bullshit. I don't know if twitch bans a separate donate button via paypal or whatever, but there you go.
As mentioned earlier, there definitely aren't (enforced) rules against this because most streamers have a button for you to donate directly to them (and twitchalerts integration on their stream so you can post your dankest meme in the comment box when you give them $4.20 and it shows up on stream and/or the streamer will read it).

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
That was... definitely a speedrun.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Erata posted:

Welcome to one of said threads for the past few years haha.

I wish they were able to loosen up more, but the quality of the marathons has only gone up over time, including in terms of entertainment.
There was a period a couple events ago where they were trying too hard to be professional at the cost of being entertaining, which seems like it's been remedied recently. I do not think that discouraging people from swearing is preventing people from being entertaining.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

stringball posted:

If blueglass was there you could have easily convinced me that it is possible to die of laughter

Not going might have saved his life, literally
Unless he's watching from home and no one is around to revive him. :ohdear:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Demicol posted:

I watched this when UA linked it and it was incredibly stupid, he kept calling anyone watching the show (despite he himself being there) a "bored teenager"
I'm not sure you understand jokes

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Happy Blue Cow posted:

The names are inversed.. I think?

KevinDDR is actually the 3rd player from the left on-screen, despite the name & seating showing him being 4th?
Yeah, I think the names on each side are reversed: KevinDDR was the first one to finish.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Tetris philosophy.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

voltcatfish posted:

why did they fail?
Score requirement, it sounds like. They're both at S8 instead of S9.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Here come the Pacific Rim references.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Hivac posted:

TERROR INSTINCT

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Eonwe posted:

its basically one of the biggest parts of GDQ now because of how popular it is
It's sort of amusing that two of the biggest things at GDQ are Tetris, which is sort of speedrun-adjacent, and TASBlock.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
We warned you.

Hivac posted:

Time for the real terror

TERROR INSTINCT

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Alabaster White posted:

The pieces are in pre-determined order, right? I can't imagine any other way this is possible. Do they make distinctive sounds??
Yes, to both (they mentioned earlier that the bleep-bloop sounds are unique to each piece type).

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO TETRIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
This is probably the stupidest game lore thing I've read recently, and I play Blizzard games.

• Locked thread