Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

SlothfulCobra posted:

J. Michael Straczynski was pretty active in posting about Babylon 5 on the social media of his day if you wanna dig through the records of usenet discussions to imagine what Gene Roddenberry would be like online, but even then, I think he relied a lot on the company not really being internet savvy itself so it didn't really think much of what he was doing.

He still is. If you tweet something at him, the odds are really good that he'll reply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

PerniciousKnid posted:

Thinking about revisiting DS9 tonight, any suggestions for a one-off episode to watch with my non -trekkie spouse? I was thinking Duet, but it's kind of a bummer. So maybe one of the more action-y episodes where they're stuck on a planet with the Jem Hadar, or maybe somebody has a better idea.

I pitched this for the "make me like DS9" thread in scifi wifi, try out 'Destiny'. It's not a top ten, but it's a solid episode that showcases character growth, expands the background of trek, and has some fun moments. It's also ahead of its time in terms of storytelling.

Whispers is also a real fun one. Or The House of Quark.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

there's honor in that nebula

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

This isn't really the thread for it, but since I brought it up earlier: I watched the first episode of Babylon 5. I see why people think that this show copied DS9 (or vice versa); there's even a Promenade and a Quark's. I guess G'kar is a Dukat analogue of sorts?

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 quality CGI and some pretty '90s haircuts, but an intriguing show. I think I'll like it.

Keep in mind the 1st season is the roughest season for B5. But it lays a bunch of ground work for future seasons. Keep at it and it'll pay off.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

The Starfleet Academy show will be another animated show, but it's just O'Brien running the engineering extension program for non-engineering cadets like he's Ms. Frizzle. Jump on the Magic Shuttlecraft and let's all learn mohr's circle!

Flashbacks will be him as the most put-upon engineering lab professor cleaning up after every cadet's super science experiment.

One episode will involve him being modeled for the emergency engineering hologram. But instead of just fading into existence, he pop's out of the nearest jeffries tube and goes "What did you break?".

Another episode he will be temporarily replaced by Smiley. It will never be addressed.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

let disco stay dead. we need the adventures of professor miles edward o'brien teaching engineering concepts with his magic school bus runabout

come on paramount return my calls you cowards

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Threshold, for all its faults, still won a primetime emmy.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

magic school bus academy show teaching science and engineering concepts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

bull wasn't talking about the actual act of the WGA striking, but the statements made by the WGA talking about the changes to writing rooms and writing processes in recent years that they are trying to use the strike action to push back against.