Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

It wasn't consistent but I'm certain TMP had a few uses of Enterprise sans article.

Khan and Joachim do it a few times in The Wrath of Khan, as well.

"More than a match for poor Enterprise."

"Enterprise can WAIT! She's not going anywhere!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

There are only a few truly unwatchable episodes of TNG's second season:

- Pen Pals
- Manhunt
- The Icarus Factor
- Up the Long Ladder
- Unnatural Selection
- Shades of Gray

And I'm sure there are one or two that I'm missing, but from memory everything is "fine" at worst and excellent at best.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'd amend that list to toss both of them and add The Dauphin and The Icarus Factor. Both are two of the most boring, nothing episodes of TNG's entire run.

I already had The Icarus Factor on my list. :eng101:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Beeftweeter posted:

were there ever any plans for pulaski to appear beyond season 2? it seems like "peak performance" was trying to set her up as finally accepting data as a crew member. i wonder if they were ever going to go anywhere with it

Diana Muldaur had a very rough time on the set of TNG. For starters, she was paid more than any of the main cast (she was always credited as "special guest star," which carries a pretty big per-episode paycheck), and that created some natural isolation between her and the rest of the cast.

Second, she had a very tough time delivering a lot of the Treknobabble and often required multiple takes to get it right.

So she had an offer to join L.A. Law, and after Maurice Hurley was fired, Rick Berman personally reached out to Gates McFadden and said, "Look, that shithead who harassed you is gone, we'd love to have you back."

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CainFortea posted:

Now try to comprehend the words. It's the internet, you got time.

"These two things can't be true at the same time so I pick A" is a reason that is neither random choice nor personal whim.

"I pick" is a personal whim, you dingdong.