Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

TAS is Trek condensed down to twenty some odd minutes and works because of it. Also we learn that Satan is a pretty cool guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I haven't watched nemesis. Someday I might. That, various episodes of voyager and nu trek 2 and 3 are the only treks I have not seen.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I would absolutely hang that in my office with no indication as to what the Hell it's supposed to be.

Clearly it's a trophy taken from a giant you have slain.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Kneelix' goon beard is the loving worst.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Pakled posted:

DS9 probably portrays Vulcans more negatively than ENT does. The only Vulcans I remember having any significant roles in DS9 were the serial killer with the transporting bullets and the rear end in a top hat Vulcan baseball team.

There was also the Vulcan who stole Nog's homework about ethics, because Vulcans have none.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I don't give a poo poo how terrible the working hours are. Google tells me that Mulgrew is worth 5 million. I'm sure Trek had something to do with that.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I thought she was kicked out for enciting raise riots like on DS9.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Sorry, in Gene's future, Sisko wouldn't be mad at Picard because humans are past being mad at each other.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

To be fair his father was never there, and when he was, he was cheating at the most advanced of martial arts.

Gene's whole "in the future people are always happy and free of conflict" is total Bullshit. I think I've heard Gene was against that episode where that kid loses his mom. Because in the future it's just "whelp mom died. Back to calculus." - Jimmy the 4th grader.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I wanted to eagle Moss but they won't let me in Canada. So gently caress em.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Evek posted:

Can I get a Cardassian computer voice instead?

Bajoran worker, your attention please. Your attempt to ignore this call is going to fail. You are a valuable worker, and we wish you no harm. However, if you do not answer this call from your Cardassian supervisors, we will be forced to take action. You have thirty seconds to make your decision.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

WickedHate posted:

I know there's no real answer for this, but Rom being a "failure" for being an amazing engineer with no business talent bugs the hell out of me. For businesses to prosper, don't people need to have services to sell? Rom should just have gotten a manager/business partner to market his talents if he couldn't do it himself.

Like quark was gonna let basically free maintenance go? I assure you, quark would have squashed any potential partners.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

You can't just bust quark though. He's mostly harmless, and knows about all the illegal business that goes through the station. It's good to have a predictable crime boss running the show. Illegal poo poo is gonna happen, might as well keep an eye on one person who's gonna know everything, and bust the underlings.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

quark is more of an underling/middle man than a crime boss

He's Odos' underling. Quark manages the local smuggling and thievery, basically head of the guild. Odo watches quark. You're not going to do big poo poo on a federation outpost. He tried to move on up to being an actual crime boss, but it was shot down pretty hard by Sisko.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

You'd do a barrel roll to expose the stronger under shields as your top shields recharge some power.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

You could just roll over until optimal time to change which shield takes it, however due to a treaty signed by all space faring races, you're not allowed to deviate from galactic standard down for more than a few moments at a time.

Edit: it's been suggested the treaty eventually expires in the near future, as the future enterprise totally guts a klingon ship from way too far below legal limits.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The remasters got a lot of backlash? I've heard nothing but good things aside from some TNG S2(?) Mishaps.

Do the ToS Blu-rays also come with the un adultered episodes?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

My biggest hangup is that it still looks good today. I enjoy it how it was created aside from that episode with the flying pieces of rubber. Those things were ridiculous. Just didn't need an upgrade.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm just not willing to slap down a thousand dollars for any TV series. That's the problem. All trek series dvd prices were ridiculous.

Edit: looks like the Blu-rays are reasonably priced. May have to actually pick them up.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I just want some goddamned Vulcans.

gently caress the Vulcans, what have they ever done aside from hold humanity back from the stars, be smug about baseball and everything else, and steal papers about ethics?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Timby posted:

Shatner's delivery is rather terrible in almost all of his dialogue in both of Nimoy's films. Nimoy just had no idea how to handle him and just let him do his thing, and it really hurt both films (both Search for Spock and Voyage Home have much deeper underlying problems, but Shatner's performances really don't help).

I know this is old as gently caress, but I've heard that with Shatner you just need to do take after take after take until he gets bored and does what what the director wants.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

OK Admiral Locke, I'm with you for the most part, but what the hell is the point of a cloaking device that lets a ship pass through normal matter? What possible advantage could that give anyone?

You're not gonna find my cloaked fleet if it's inside your home world.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Also, okay you've found out where I am by using your deflector dish in creative ways, buy your photons still can't hurt me. Sucka.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

WampaLord posted:

To me the worst episode of TNG is Cost of Living. Way worse than Sub Rosa.

"The higher, the fewer"

That episode owns, just for that proclamation.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Missing the best part, Damar laughing.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I hit f5 and the problem went away. Or maybe I clicked the url bar and hit enter. I dunno, but it wasn't an issue.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

See, you're missing the point. The point of "Take Me Out" isn't baseball, or teamwork, or "have fun more than anything else," or some sentimental bullshit like that.

It's " 'Vulcans? gently caress those guys.' - Benjamin Sisko"

And I don't think Nog ever forgave those Vulcans for stealing his ethics paper.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I want a Kojima trek game now. Could involve Q, who fucks with the players mind.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Tunicate posted:

making permanent fashion choices to spite some woman you once met, a cool and good character trait

??
I can only find a paragraph about him hating working in the same area as the suits and did it to piss them off. Blue beard so what?

But if there's more to the story, I'd like to hear it.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I would love an invite please.
I have PMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

https://imgur.com/RraHEfj.mp4