Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, ST09 was a pretty decent start. Too bad they botched everything they did after it, though.

Into Darkness is so bad. The movie seriously has no coherent plot, it's just a bunch of scenes strung together because they had a list of things they wanted in the movie. If they cut out Khan entirely and just focused on Admiral Robocop trying to start a war with the Klingons, it could have been a decent movie. Instead, it's a nonsensical mess. We have Khan smuggling guys in torpedoes and the most cringe-worthy scene in a Trek movie since Star Trek V.

It says something to how loving bad STID was that I don't know exactly which cringe scene you're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

cargohills posted:

One letter really makes all the difference.

STID = STD ???

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Mogomra posted:

I like to imagine that The Sisko just sits in his office all day staring at the wall when he's not one of the main characters in the episode.

Ferengi episodes are all good, except for you know what. I really can't stand Klingon/Worf episodes though. I can't even imagine how much I'd of hated the Worf show that Michael Dorn was trying to sell. I don't understand the appeal at all.

if you don't like Soldiers of the Empire you are literally worse than STID

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Man, DS9, Our Man Bashir is either the very best or very worst episode of the series and I can't decide which.

Brooks could have literally started eating the set and it somehow would have been perfectly okay in that episode. It's amazing

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

SuperDucky posted:

My initial reaction after watching:

It'd be one thing if it was fan service. It'd be one thing if it was an action movie. It'd be one thing if it was a Star Trek movie. It'd be one thing if it was trying to introduce the new series cogently. It failed at all of those missions because there are too many cooks in the kitchen. You can't have CBS and Bad Robot and Justin Lin and Simon Pegg trying to make the same movie.

:goonsay:

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Well thank god that's over. Without a doubt the worst episode of the series thus far.

what

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

What's next, saying the Excelsior is ugly?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I dunno, I did like how it didn't immediately explode the first time it hit the mountains and just kept going. I really love the shot of Kirk watching from the pod as the saucer careens down to the surface. I think part of the issue is because that Ent-D crash was a physical effect. CGI almost never has the same "heft" of a physical model.

That was honestly the best shot of the entire movie.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

http://www.startrek.com/article/remembering-ds9s-barry-jenner-1941-2016

RIP :(

Asmodai_00 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 10, 2016

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I want to change my vote to the Defiant for best bridge. It's only negative aspect is that your helmsman is blocking the captain's view of the viewscreen.

Definitely best bridge.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Remember how they made a big deal out of that holographic communication system in that one DS9 episode and then never did it again?

Hey it was in like, two episodes.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Oh god...

I started watching Voyager.

:gowron:

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

I'd vote for Timeless too.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

bull3964 posted:

In the novelization of ST:II, Scotty's nephew Peter was only supposed to be 14.

Did the novelization explain why Scotty went to the bridge with his corpse?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

It's a really fun episode but by god that multi-vector poo poo is dumb. Also when that episode came out weren't the Romulans in the alliance against the dominion at that point?

I love the Prometheus for all the wrong reasons but even I can't defend the MVAM.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Also here's over nine minutes of 47s in Voyager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPoiH0JlQ9A

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Thwomp posted:

A couple of things.

1) Is there an explanation for why Data's been copied? Given Measure of a Man and The Offspring, it seemed like future androids would be at the wishes of Data.

2) gently caress the artist. Geordi looks terrifying.

Prepare yourself.

http://imgur.com/W4TspKb.jpg

They're holograms, created by Data in the computer, to represent him doing work. Or something.

Also there is still a crew, but admitting as much wouldn't be clickbait.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

:yikes:

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Into Darkness was a garbage movie but honestly not nearly as bad as I thought it was

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

I would be kinda pissed too if I was squeezing a baby outta me

What's her excuse the rest of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

then Space Pirate Sisko jumps in to the scene and totally hams it up. It's great.

oh you sweet summer child you have no idea