Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Moriatti posted:

Genocide is killing a large group of people. Killing them by UV poisoning definitely felt more like the Changeling Virus or Hugh's virus and I have a hard time seeing a captain aside from Janeway or Lorca making that exact call.

Hmmm ok, we're redefining words now I see.

It wasn't even a preemptive attack, the Krill already launched the missile. They had no time to try and reason with them, and if they did, they would have failed. If they didn't do anything, lots of innocent people would have died.

skasion posted:

Continues looks really good, like bang on almost all the time, and the actors by and large aren't completely awful which is all you can really hope for when they're just aping previous, better actors. And its heart is in the right place which is good to see. But the scripts aren't great and there are weird pacing issues in almost every episode. As far as fan productions go I think that's about as good it will ever get, it's seriously impressive as a passion project.

Yeah. They're definitely the best fan films ever made. Granted, that's not saying much as fan productions are usually godawful, but Star Trek Continues is actually worth watching if you're a fan of TOS and want more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Are you interested in learning what genocide actually is or if someone does tell you will you just dig in your heels and drag this out for 5 pages? Just trying to save some time here.

Welp, looks like he's gonna dig his heels in and drag it out

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

watching DS9 for the first time ever and i gotta say, despite him only showing up twice so far the Cardassian tailor loving owns.

Oh just you wait. You haven't seen anything yet. Garak is amazing.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Imagine having to go through high school again, but with the mind of a mature adult.

It would be hell on earth.

Would it? With your developed adult mind that's less of a bubbling cauldron of hormones, maybe you could outsmart all the teenagers and take over the high school

actually no nevermind, you'd just get shoved in the locker and laughed at, forget that

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

If you want to see what happens after TNG\DS9\VOY you could always try playing Star Trek Online. It's not very, well... good, but it's fun enough if you treat it like a single player game and just go through the story missions. It's also free... ish.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

mossyfisk posted:

A future of 'endless war' isn't super appealing.

Yeah that's now how I would do it but meh, its a game.

I wonder what stuff would be like 100 years after TNG. Like what kind of crazy tech would they have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

DS9 is the most real feeling trek because it's real.

I know it's supposed to be a serious episode but that performance cracks me up every time.

Ben Sisko is very Captain Kirk-ish. Except he's a decent dad and isn't a womanizer. And is a lot angrier. He even talks in that same weird way with a lot of pauses in the middle of sentences.