Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well if it's traveling faster than light, then it has infinite mass so that's kind of a problem. Or negative mass? Maybe imaginary mass? Who the gently caress knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

When the Greek Orthodox Church murdered Socrates.

Soulless minions of orthodoxy at it again.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Assuming you meant Generations, this is a good observation

This but also TMP

I'm pretty sure I remember reading Nimoy objected to it

"LET them die."
"You have not experienced Shakespeare til you have read it in the original Klingon."
"Don't wait for the translation, answer me NOW!"
"Tach bach, tach bech"
Sulu's teacup
"We need breathing room!" "Earth, Hitler, 1938."
Mind rape
"Second star to the right..."
"Guess who's coming to dinner."
Knee balls
Shapeshifter woman
Everyone stands around at the end for a picture nobody takes
Chekov smirking about the Russian epic of Cinderella before realizing crewman Dax is a big freaky foot man
Big blobs of zero-G Pepto Bismol blood
Bones banging on the dying Klingon Chancellor's chest in a desperate attempt to perform CPR, while the Klingons stand around wondering what the hell he is doing
That torpedo that goes right through the hall and smashes the dining room where they had the hosed-up dinner to pieces
That whole dinner
Torpedo surgery
That trial with the shadowy judge with the spherical gavel and all those Klingons in the audience holding pain sticks chanting for blood
Killer performances by Christopher Plummer and David Warner

God drat what a good movie

"There's an old Vulcan proverb: 'Only Nixon could go to China.'"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Odo didn't help the Bajoran workers though. He maintained what he considered to be order.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Quark was arguably a better person with regards to the occupation than Odo. Quark sold food and medicine to the Bajorans for zero profit, which is as close to a selfless act as you can get for a Ferengi.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pick posted:

Only if Data has ribbed holes

Fully functional.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

tarlibone posted:

Programmed in multiple techniques.

He probably even knows how to do a Rusty Venture.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Data, it's 2375. We eat rear end now

Data cocks his head to the side quizzically. "Ah. Analingus. I am aware of multiple studies on the optimal amount of oral pressure to extert on the rectal tissue, depending on species and atmospheric conditions. I can recite them for y-"
"That will be quite alright Mr. Data."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sir Lemming posted:

For some reason I read this in Buster Bluth's voice, and now I'm brainstorming that cross-over.

RIKER: I'm happy for you and your new boyfriend, Deanna.
RIKER, IN TROI'S MIND: I'm not.

*Riker goes on the away team and gets kidnapped by the alien of the week* "I've made a huge mistake."

Starfleet had a half day.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

And that's why you always leave a note.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I feel like she could do a pretty good Janeway, too.

"I love all my crew equally!"

Earlier that day...

"I don't care for Harry."

There's vodka in that nebula.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

LRADIKAL posted:

I'm not sure that those colors are pastel? Maybe the blue? Besides, they make fun of Chekov all the time too.

OK so the only two crewmen who aren't human.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My biggest beef with Rascals is that the whatever anomaly also resized their clothes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

oh jesus christ just kill me now :ughh:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

mods ban this sick p'tak

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pick posted:

I love this beach boys song

I wish they all could be Cardassian girls~

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Astroman posted:

Gul Gul Dukat.

It's a bit like Burgermeister Meisterburger.

Or Major Major Major Major.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm watching Voyager for the first time since it originally aired. Caretaker wasn't too bad, but painfully 90s at times. Sadly a character from another Trek show was the best part of the episode.

One thing that really stuck out to me was Paris making weird "Indian" jokes about Chakotay at the end. Like if he saves his life he owes him a blood debt. Then he asks him if he knows any Indian tricks like turning into a bird. What the actual gently caress Voyager writers.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

If you weren’t aware Voyager hired a Native American advisor who was very much not an actual Native American as an advisor for Chakotay’s character. Though that likely wasn’t the only problem.

8one6 posted:

Jamake Highwater was a known fraud when Voyager hired him. Turns out Rick Berman had previously worked with him and that's why he got the job anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMmUTIp9BOs

lmao incredible

2nd and 3rd episodes of vger weren't great. iirc the 2nd one was the last we ever hear of any conflict between the maquis and starfleet crew. It's so loving dumb that there was literally zero issue with them all putting on starfleet uniforms and obeying orders. 3rd episode had an alien clock that uses Arabic numerals. I already hate Neelix, he's just completely useless and obnoxious.

Honestly this is just making me want to rewatch DS9.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

One thing I'm noticing right away in my Voyager rewatch is how good the actors are compared to the material they have to work with. Kate Mulgrew and Robert Picardo are fantastic, but like 3/4 of their lines are :techno:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

So far my rewatch of Voyager hasn't been too bad, but "Faces" (the one where Torres gets split into klingon and human halves) was the first one that made me groan with disgust. I really hate Trek's tendency for racial essentialism, and this episode throws it into overdrive. It's basically saying that your behavior is 100% determined by your genes, which is absolute bullshit. Also klingon Torres trying to seduce the gross alien dude, come the gently caress on.

e: I have to admit that the gross alien dude wearing Ensign Ricky's face as a mask was pretty hilarious though

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 15, 2020

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm probably going to do a Voyager rewatch soon since I have done TOS, TNG, and DS9 in the last 18 months or so. Not looking forward to the Chakotay stuff considering as we now know, the person who helped write his episodes was some weird conman who pretended to be Native American.

I wonder, has anyone ever done a writeup of exactly how bullshit the NA stuff was on Voyager?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwtcNhA72zk

Renegade Cut does good video essays, and here's a really good one about Odo.

It's incredible (and depressing) how many aspects of DS9 are still relevant today, 25 years later.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

McSpanky posted:

Kira should've been visited by the sex ghost

Instead she gets midnight calls from Dukat telling her that he hosed her mom.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Discuss.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CPColin posted:

Guessing "Sub Rosa"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

For arguably being the "darkest" Trek, DS9 has the most moments I can remember that legitimately made me laugh. Like that one scene where Quark and Rom are crawling around in the ducts and accidentally pop out in Sisko's office.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bullbar posted:

Shrunken runabout is pretty cool

It's such a cheesy premise but it's played totally straight. I do like that they actually deal with some of the physical ramifications like "hey we'd literally suffocate because we can't breathe oxygen molecules that are 100 times bigger now".

Also it's worth it for Worf's terrible poem.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've been thinking about the TNG episode where Data starts doing Sherlock Holmes any% glitchless speedruns.

And then Geordi says that's no fun so he makes a Sherlock Holmes randomizer for him.

And then the randomizer takes over the Enterprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/gates_mcfadden/status/1495039124587249668