Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Ogmius815 posted:

I too have a terrible Star Trek opinion.

I don't think A Night in Sickbay is that bad an episode.

This is a good opinion. It is good because there's a prosthetic Porthos. More Porthos, better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The only good Chakotay episode is a dead Chakotay episode!

By which I mean Shattered.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I hope the new show is all about a ship constantly leaving just before or arriving just after cool stuff occurs. The unending blue balls would be amazing.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

I can't believe I missed Vic Fontaine chat. I mean, someone actually said that James Darren's actual singing was bad?

Right? It might not be your cup of tea, but he sings those songs beautifully. I downloaded the album years ago and used to listen to it when I couldn't sleep. Very soothing.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Trent posted:

I would watch Borg in the City.

Only if it's a sitcom like Caroline in the City, starring Alice Krige as a harried Borg Queen just trying to make it through her 30s in the big city.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Those just kinda look like placeholder antennae anyway, I'm sure the real ones will look better and move like on Enterprise.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Give me a Trek from another powers point of view with Starfleet as these assholes antagonizing people through being uptight dinks. Like, where's the Romulan Trek? Or even a show back in the Delta Quadrant, showing how Voyager totally hosed up their lives and the legends around them somehow.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

In WWIII, the Chinese aptly and wisely nuked Louisiana in their first strike. Even they could not tolerate degraded Acadians.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Baka-nin posted:

It was the one with his own smilie.

Viconia? Loosechanj? Hellbastard? :v:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

WickedHate posted:

It's a good gap bridging between TOS' Enterprise and TNG's, it's like a fusion of the two.

Except it's supposed to be the in-between of Galaxy and Excelsior.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

"This man is a Klingon!"

He shaved. The uncanny depths of Klingon medical practitioners uncovered!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Aw, they have short busses in the future.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

That Excelsior refit is Grandfather's Axe as gently caress.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

T'pol's independent catsuits were nice, but mostly because they were colourful and looked less awful than her mottled science directorate one.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Chekov was his replacement to the point the two shared a single copy of the scripts and all sorts of lovely things.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

How do the photonic lifeforms of Voyager reproduce? Are there wavelengths of light which contain photonic chromosomes?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Maybe they can just make all the women be naked in the new show.

It's too late.

I've seen everything.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

This is a thread which was once moderated by a literal convicted pedophile, and yet the anti-Vic squad sickens me more.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Vic Fontaine is and always will be loving terrible.

You have no honour! :byodood:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Sash! posted:

I kinda wish they did have to use shuttles. I always found scenes that involved shuttles getting shot at or stuck in weirdo atmospheres more fun than "welp transporters broke I guess."

This was definitely something Enterprise did, using shuttlepods a lot and relying on transporters more as a way out of extremely tight spots.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Oh that one's simple, the transporter just grabbed a Riker from a parallel universe. So instead of swapping places, there's just a universe where Riker tragically and mysteriously disappeared during transport.

This is practically how time travel in Timeline worked.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Gul Dukat did nothing wrong.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Presumably they have a Federation standard language. Andorian, I imagine, because everyone other than the Vulcans would find it hilarious to make blueskin the lingua franca.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Just paint your drat ships like a starfield, you dumb fucks.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Chef would have been a perfect place for a celebrity cameo. Can you imagine Gordon Ramsay appearing as the ship's chef de cuisine?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

They had to find an episode featuring old, fat Riker, there's nothing more to it than that.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Conspiracy totally aggravated my childhood fear of bugs, earwigs specifically. gently caress that.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Brent time :unsmigghh:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Mortanis posted:

Proof the writers were trolling the fan base at that point. "We destroyed Voyager and technically killed all the characters you've been watching from the beginning. Except Harry. You get to keep Harry. FOREVER HARRY."

Ensign now; ensign forever!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Same loving thing, jesus. I hope someone steals your lungs and you have to be on a holographic respirator :mad:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Thwomp posted:

And then when the Romulans do show up as the proper villains in a Star Trek movie, they're in Nemesis.

With a new warbird which pulled from the same design concepts as the Klingon bird of prey, which started out as a Romulan design anyway. It's like poetry, it rhymes :v:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

To be fair, that child had no honour.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There are people today who rewatch Super Bowls and Stanley Cup playoffs. Why wouldn't someone watch an awesome World Series match on the holodeck?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Pakled posted:

Computer, create a basketball player capable of dunking on Data.

Bugs Bunny materializes.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Also, her Janeway was intended to be Iraqi and she didn't know how to pronounce Farsi words.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

I've never heard that....where did that come from?

Well, they hired an Englishman to play a Frenchman. Logically, they hired a Quebecoise to play something totally different :v:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

What the gently caress is that?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Well, pack it in, guys. That plot hole has rendered Trek utter poo poo and retroactively destroyed any enjoyment I've ever taken in the franchise.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

WickedHate posted:

Now that you mention it, why isn't it called a beefburger?

Oh my god. Because it comes from Hamburg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

WampaLord posted:

No, it was invented by a little old lady in Leningrad.

You're thinking of scotch. And dancing. And fire.