Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That was actually a good episode but I'm not sure Janeway knows what the word asylum means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
there did not end up being coffee in the nebula

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I know everyone makes fun of the Voyager episode with the scary clown but it was actually...pretty good? The second half felt a bit off, where the villain used death as a cudgel rather than keeping the horror movie vibe of the first half but on the other hand if they went too intense it would probably be too much for a show whose viewers weren't expecting horror going in

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
oh maybe I got the wrong impression from people posting the extremely ridiculous out-of-context images

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
holy poo poo you guys weren't kidding about tuvix

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Season one has no non-skippable episodes. Season 2 is legitimately good with a few glimpses of greatness though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Traditionally, seasons 3-6 are seen as the run with almost no bad episodes, though 2 and 7 aren't devoid of great episodes themselves.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Go back for the S2 episode Measure of a Man, it's seriously one of the best episodes of the show

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Sometimes the evil clones are important for replacing dead ensigns. Too situational to have a general rule

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't remember anything transphobic so if it'd there its probably some minor background thing and not something in your face

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Best of Both Worlds presented assimilation of individuals as a rare event. Picard was supposed to facilitate the submission of the federation after their military defeat, because the borg couldn't just jab people and have another borg ten minutes later. It was a laborious process involving a lot of surgery.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The issue is that Star Trek's post scarcity society makes ALL economic systems obsolete. Economies are a resource management system, when everyone can live comfortably with basically no effort, the old rules don't apply. Its less sharing of resources, and more everybody has more resources than they know what to do with.

Actually I think you'll find that economies are ways for rich people to measure their high score and you can't post-scarcity the leaderboards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Its the territorial equivalent of how they let you wander around their ships