Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

WickedHate posted:

Something I just realized, why is it called a holodeck even when it's not a deck on a ship?

Clearly DS9 had it right with holosuites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

"These are my awards, Captain. From Starfleet."

edit: what's the name of that doctor who's always like "He's going to be all right (because he lost his left hand)"? That's Doctor from VOY.

Pikestaff fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Sep 28, 2016

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Honestly, the best Trek movie on Netflix is Galaxy Quest.

Just rewatched it yesterday and :allears:

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I'm another person who also recently started watching Enterprise and yeah, I'm finding it very lukewarm so far. At least VOY had the Doctor and also Janeway who turned into a real force of nature by the end of the show. With ENT I'm having a hard time caring about... pretty much anyone.

It also seems really anticlimactic to have this weird Human Values vs. Vulcan Values subplot when we all know they're gonna be best friends next century.

Oh also here's some aliens that are super important to the early Federation but that you'll never see again in the "future".

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Enterprise is starting to warm up to me a little. I liked the episode where Trip and Malcolm were stranded in a shuttle together and I like how T'Pol has one emotion and that emotion is "done".

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Voyager honestly grew on me as I watched it. It's far from the best Trek series but some of the episodes were pretty fun.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Where's that screencap of Bashir asking Sisko what went wrong in the 21st century and Sisko is just sitting there like :smith:

edit:

Pikestaff fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Nov 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Drone posted:

So when do the Sanctuary Districts open?

At least Sisko is gonna show up in like eight years to start some riots and save us from this hellhole

Right? :ohdear: