Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Well we know by the late 24th century civilian Gorn aren't uncommon on Federation starbases, and Gorn ships were among the allies who came to the aid of the Federation in the Prodigy finale and risked their lives for Starfleet.

Then again, Rutherford wound up at a Gorn wedding around the same time, and the entire wedding party's response to his presence was to jump on him and try to devour him, so... :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Khanstant posted:

I don't know what Bones personality is but working backwards from Pulaski I don't like him

Basically surly an cynical and quick to drop a sick burn on basically anyone, especially Spock, but a healer at his core who tries to make others around him whole again, even at cost to himself at times.

They tried to go for the McCoy-Spock relationship with Pulaski and Data, but they forgot that McCoy at least respected Spock at the end of the day and the Spock could give as good as he got, whereas Pulaski was just dunking on Data non stop without repost, so it came across as bullying. As a result, McCoy is a beloved piece of Star Trek history, and Pulaski is erased from canon more often than a Star Trek: Picard side character when the camera moves off of them for more than a minute.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Khanstant posted:

Watching chronologically gonna be weird seeing Spock go through all his character development and get in touch with his human side and have these love affairs and then go back to old stuff TOS Spock. If they decide not to roll on through and remake TOS, wonder if they'll do something to Spock to bridge the gap.

Edit: Oh yeah Kirk is fully here now too lol.

SNW :spock: and TOS :spock: actually gel rather well together because SNW Spock is still this dopey goofus barely out of college who has a lot of learning and growing up to do and TOS Spock is a grown rear end man who's like 90% of the way to being the man he was meant to be, while also still being a massive dork from time to time.

Like, seriously, Spock is TOS's primary source of comedy a lot of the time just like he is on SNW.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Angry Salami posted:

Along the same lines, it's pretty clearly implied in "Amok Time" that Spock and T'Pring haven't met since the betrothal, but SNW has them as regular fuckbuddies.

I think SNW has managed to thread the needle fairly deftly for the most part in terms of chucking out bits of canon like that in the name of doing fun and interesting things with the characters. If it stuck rigidly to canon, we wouldn't have gotten Spock Amok which is a contender for a top ten all time Trek episode.

The SNW crew has earned my trust at this point with whatever the hell they want to do with Kirk from here onward.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

McSpanky posted:

ENT is super obviously happening in an alternate timeline, and Rick Berman can kiss my rear end.

c. 2002

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The TNG VHS game is canon, only it's been retconned that it was actually Gowron who takes over the Enterprise and steals it from Spacedock.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CainFortea posted:

Dismissing someone else as "oh you just don't personally like it" is lovely, so maybe don't be a such an rear end if you don't want people coming back at you.

No. It isn't. A whim is "oh, I feel like Spock's sister is real today". A reaction to changes in content isn't a whim.

It's also perfectly acceptable to just go "Hmm, okay. I get where you're coming from" and the shut the gently caress up because it's not worth arguing about it even if you know in your heart you're right because it's a stupid hill to die on and everyone thinks you're the weirdo here currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nessus posted:

Computer, generate a new OP and thread reboot capable of defeating Lore.

PROGRAM COMPLETE. ENTER WHEN READY.