Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

My building has this;

http://imgur.com/lKGvLxC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Spalec posted:

Is there any reason to watch TNG/DS9/VOY in air order rather then just watch each series and then move on to the next? Were there much in the way of crossovers?

I know Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel had a few where you had to bounce back and forth between the shows to get the most out of the story, anything like that on Star Trek?

Deep Space Nine has a definite timeline regarding plot. Seasons 1 and 2 have a lot of stand-alone episodes, but if you want to get the most out of the last few seasons, you need to have an understanding what's happened before.

This is especially true of the last season, which is by far the most engrossing, with lots of edge-of-your-seat drama.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Fister Roboto posted:

You know, I think I liked Polaski better than Crusher.

Diana Muldaur, the actress who played Dr. Katherine Pulaski, didn't get along very well with the rest of the cast of TNG.

The producers felt that she didn't play off against the other actors very well, and that this was noticeable in the episodes she appeared in. She was not popular with her fellow actors, and was either let go, or else her contract was not renewed.

I read a lengthy article about this but I can't remember all the details.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

A couple of things about money apparently being obsolete in the Federation;

There are many references in DS9 to (gold-pressed) latinum, which comes in the form of slips, strips, bars, and bricks. The Ferengi, and especially Quark, are always looking for ways to get the stuff. As we all know.

I remember an episode where one of the characters was talking about latinum being more practical than whatever their currency was before, saying something to the effect of "it beats having to make change with an eyedropper."

I also seem to remember one of the characters in TNG talking about "credits" in a way that sounded monetary. I think they were given a ration of credits for time in the holodeck, too. Maybe the Federation pays their crews a certain amount when payday rolls around?

So it seems to me there's something that circulates as legal tender, whether credits or latinum.

What does the thread think about this?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Sash! posted:

probably felt great on the lobes

Oomoks!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

I want to fornicate with Captain Picard.

Commander Riker is welcome to join us if he's up for a threesome.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Riker I'm sure would gently caress anything with legs.

I'd have Riker's legs in the air in no time if I had the chance.

I bet Picard would bottom for me, too.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

As always, my gaydar is in excellent working order.

Picard is a definite bottom, but I like to imagine Riker having a talented mouth.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Sad King Billy posted:

In the 24th century I'm sure there are people who get looked down upon for being erotically charged by the Horta or getting turned on by the Jellyfish from Farpoint. I'm sure same species sex is nothing.

Sexually, women don't appeal to me at all.

But I'd pay to watch Worf and Jadzia Dax get down into some interspecies sex.

After they get married, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Rhyno posted:

It's pretty bad, like most of the first two seasons of DS9.

Yeah, but the last couple of seasons were very well written and had me on the edge of my chair at times.

The plot gets really interesting toward the end of the war with the Dominion, and everything is nicely resolved in the last episode.

DS9 is the best ST series of them all, IMHO.