Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

Tunicate posted:

Also it was literally held in place by screws and gave him headaches

No screws. It had a thin wire to hold them on like glasses. Looking out of that thing is probably what gave him headaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

That comic would be Joe Piscopo doing a very bad Jerry Lewis impression.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Duckbag posted:

Yeah, Geordi tells Scott they can just recrystalize the dilithium when he freaks out about it.

That was a bit weird seeing as how him and Spock came up with it in Star Trek 4. Guess he was just having a Old Engineer Knows Best moment.

Evek fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 11, 2016

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Kazinsal posted:

Man we are going to get hosed so hard by this. Streaming rights on Discovery will probably go to something godawful like Spike or Space for us (does Space even exist anymore?) and it'll air on cable only.

Not Canadian but Bell Media got the broadcast rights in the great northern wastes. So yeah Space it is.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Oh right Star Trek Discovery. Almost forgot its supposed to start filming next month and not one word of a final cast yet.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Sounds high but Enterprise was a about 5 million. The Expanse is about the same.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

With the way things are going there won't be a CBS All Access to air this on with all the other streaming deals CBS is making.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Don't forgot Kurtzman is in on this as well. At least Fuller's picks will be doing the showrunning for now.

Small favors that Orci is nowhere near this thing.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Also the Romulan Warbird bridge from Nemesis is the E Bridge redressed after it was trashed to look vaguely Romulan. Still looks like crap but less crowded.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

man, what the gently caress happened to Paramount merchandising?

The last big push was for Star Trek 09 and after that failed the TNG remasters. After that I think they just silently gave up.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

I thought that was a "I don't work here anymore, good luck" thing.

I thought that was an Enterprise Season 3 finale thing? Here's some Nazi Aliens gl, I'm out.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

It's supposed to start filming this month and so far the only new info is some jerkoff exec at CBS said that Star Trek would only work on a streaming service and would not find an audience on broadcast TV. Not even one word about any of the cast.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Gonz posted:

Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Trek goons.

"Ah yes, I was told to prepare for that. I shall try some of your burned replicated bird meat."

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

FuturePastNow posted:

I wonder if there's an industry in exporting holo-sims of the Battle of Thermopylae and the like to Klingons who are bored by their own culture

Personally I'd like to play that simulation from the Persian side. Give the Spartans a right asskicking.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

I gave up on TWD when they got to the farm. Is she good in it?

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Staff fatigue was definitely part of it. In the AOL interview with Ron Moore that's been posted a few times he mentioned that after leaving DS9 to Voyager the writers were pretty much checked out and put in the bare minimum and it shows. Moore said that Voyager really didn't have anything to say compared to older TNG or DS9 episodes. What the hell was Workforce's point? Jobs are bad?

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

The series itself may or may not have been cooked up by someone else but the general concept had been kicked around by Roddenberry since the 70's, including the main characters name.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Payndz posted:

It's a ship that, since this is an official Star Trek promo, makes TAS canon again! :toot:

Hell yeah. Giant Spock still lives!

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

kaworu posted:

I was gonna say, I'm pretty sure we saw an Antares-class vessel WAYYY early on in Charlie-X. It was called uh, the Antares as I recall :v: Charlie destroys it and everyone on board and, hilariously, the godlike being voiced by Doohan at the end is just like 'lolnup' and can't save the people on THAT ship but he can save all the Enterprise people that Charlie hosed with (even the ones who suffocated because they had skin over their faces I guess?). But everyone on the Antares was just hosed because Charlie made a baffle plat vanish.

What is a baffle plate

It only showed up in TAS and was added in the remasters later for TOS. So TAS is cannon.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Just wait until you get to the Very Special Episode About Drugs. Its 80's as hell.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

No Leola root, no sale.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Welp, I picked up the two books over Christmas with gift card money. Looks like its time to read them.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

How bad do you guys think Into Darkness is? Because I realized it's been a few years and I still think it's the second-worst Trek movie, right behind Nemesis.

Best part of Beyond is that you can watch '09 and skip Into Darkness completely and lose absolutely nothing.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Yeah I don't mind the recast of Sarek but All-Access is pretty much dead as a major streaming service. CBS has already thrown in with Hulu for its live streaming bundle.

Edit:drat I knew it was bad but apparently the app really blows on streaming devices.

Evek fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 18, 2017

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

There's a little side puzzle in the Star Trek 25th Anniversary game to figure out how to kill as many redshirts as possible.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

It's hilarious that the Maquis were made specifically for Voyager yet TNG and DS9 did more with them than Voyager ever did.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Didn't they debut on DS9?

Formally yes but they had been kicking the idea around since the last season of TNG.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

drat it, I want my live action Lt Arex!

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

So zombie Klingons or a sleeping Kligons?

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Baronjutter posted:

Warhammer then?

It looked pretty close to it. Guess its some sort of sleeper ship instead of a literal floating tomb.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

I thought it was "the one with the whales"?

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Is it just me or is CBS doing an amazingly bad job at promoting this series? They pretty much punted on the 50th Anniversary but I figured they would be more on the ball the new series.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

I prefer Kirk's full body throw he used in Tomorrow is Yesterday against the Air Force guards.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

WampaLord posted:

I would watch Starfleet JAG

Normal JAG sucked. Space JAG would suck even more.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

That really would not be that out of place as a TAS episode. Gotta have a burger for Giant Spock.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

Or just do the Klingon show everyone wants.

Captain Worf it is!

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes!"

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

Tsaedje posted:

He's given the Rotarran as his first command after being a PoW as an easy first job back to whip them back into shape and in the process he gets his confidence back and then sticks with that ship and crew because he's emotionally attached, I guess?

Yeah. Gowron used the new Negh'var because he was a pussy.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

TheBigAristotle posted:

What is this wonderful place with racks full of obscure Trek figures?

Quite a few independent comic stores have a stock of random old action figures at a higher markup than normal retail. That looks like it might be some kind of closeout store though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

There's no way they'd make a cheaper one like IV with that cast. All 3 have been massive, big budget tent poles and they aren't going back on that until another reboot comes around.