Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I've been watching TNG for the first time and been staying out of threads to avoid seeing things I shouldn't yet, but I want to pop in and say that when Reg Barclay looked up symptoms on the computer and convinced himself that he had Transporter Psychosis and then never told anyone, I felt that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I like Ro Laren. I wish the TNG writers had done more with the character.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Lwaxana Troi is a sexual predator and I’m tired of pretending she’s not.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Worf got with Troi in several timelines but idk if it happened in the main timeline.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Prurient Squid posted:

A Holodeck adventure in which a sinister Walter Koenig plays a whimsical but untrustworthy pixie playing a magic flute.

This sounds like the DS9 Rumpelstiltskin episode

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

DoubleCakes posted:

I don't know if I mentioned it but it was a good time seeing Garak return on "Cardassians". Garak brings out the best in Bashir and I'm not sure what his backstory is yet. He's clearly an outsider but he'd have to be part of the Cardassian empire at one point, I think.

I just watched that one the other day and yeah, Garak and Bashir are fun together. Bashir is kind of annoying the rest of the time imo.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I’m about a season and a half into DS9 and it’s def darker than TOS or TNG. Several episodes deal with the Space Holocaust.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/brandon_bird/status/1625349358672822273?s=46&t=vupcNjlVzFqqiWhtJ0FAwg

Losing it at the trombone

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I watched Nemesis for the first time the other night and tbh I didn’t hate it. It’s not good, but none of the TNG movies are except for First Contact. It certainly wasn’t worse than Generations or Insurrection.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

The Traveler groomed Wesley

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I’m up through Past Tense on my DS9 watch. Pretty funny that the hellish dystopia of 2024 America is arguably better than real life.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

All Good Things… is probably a top ten TNG episode for me and one of my favorite series finales. The premise is fun and has appropriately high stakes, we get a nice bookend with some resolution to Q’s relationship with Picard, we see possible futures for the main cast, and Picard joining the poker game is a very satisfying conclusion to his character.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Nearing the end of DS9 S4 and man this has a lot of good eps. Though I will say that while I like a good Gul Dukat episode I worry that this season might be making him a little bit too likable. Yeah he’s a complex and well-rounded character who contains multitudes but like he also did the space holocaust and it’s sometimes hard to reconcile.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I’m on season 6 of DS9 and I don’t think I’ve seen a mirror universe episode that I haven’t fallen asleep during

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I was not expecting Jake Sisko to say the n-word

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I’m in the stretch run of DS9 and I’m liking it but I really don’t buy the direction they’ve gone with Kai Winn. Like yeah she always sucked but it’s quite a turn.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I would probably do some soul searching rather than becoming a satanist

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

If you could only show someone one episode of TNG which would it be?

Darmok

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Did they ever address the implications of that TNG episode where they discover that warp drive is destroying the universe? I can’t remember anything about it in DS9 and only one or two throwaway lines in TNG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

The Royale is fun but it feels more like Twilight Zone than Star Trek imo