Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

WickedHate posted:

But theft isn't rape, and even as far as theft goes, it's remarkably harmless. Still not [I]good[I] to take genetic samples without permission, but it's not exactly the same life altering decisions.

Depends on how libertarian you are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think it's funny that the Klingons literally killed their religion and of all things it turns out to be true.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
"On the Klingon homeworld, your name is not mentioned."

So? Do world leaders routinely shout off names of all the major houses at meetings or something?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

It always bothered me, if these two are Starfleet, why aren't they in uniform?

Maybe they are Starfleet civilians.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't see what the big deal is. I did a slingshot around the sun to go back in time to 1969 to check out the first moon landing. Calm down.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Rotten Tomatoes is already at 93% apparently.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Star Trek: Beyond Thunderdome, the movie we were talking about.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Warp_factor#Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think it is good that they go fast in the first episode. If you can't go warp 10 and they go 9.7 in the first episode, writers can't do any stupid poo poo to try to make their episode be the fastest enterprise ever or whatever. Except for that one where the pedophile diddles Wesley and the ship goes fast.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Hu-mon play dom-jot

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Does Netflix do weekly episodes?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
We named the dog Tiberius.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What could they do? That's like if the US military blew up some boat from the 1700s. Not much to do about that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I haven't read them but it sounds like there's lots of Enterprise related content? if so, that's cool. Enterprise was a cool show that people hate and I hope I can enjoy it while everyone else freaks out that Enterprise is the only canon show in the Kelvinverse.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

WampaLord posted:

How dare you claim that the Historical Documents are not true!

You are our last hope.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Gene was probably in favor of gay stuff but his Lawyer probably blocked it by being Gene's proxy and Berman probably did as well because "gene's vision."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Even Star Trek had woman writers who either used their initials or used a male name because no one could accept that women could write.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I usually don't include TOS when I think about Star Trek as harder science fiction. It's quite obvious they didn't plan on there being long threads of continuity in the 60s. Trying to force that into the canon of the Star Trek from the 90s just barely works. TOS works as an anthology of interesting sci-fi stories with interspersed lovely episodes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Remember that time she knew him so well that he would never drink coffee at night? Then he does.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I finally saw Star Trek Beyond. I really liked it, it was finally Star Trek. I also saw the teaser for Discovery. Seems lame that it appears to just be the original concept for the Enterprise.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You're from Earth? The planet of Joe Piscopo? I've always wanted to go there.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Was it eBay? Did the auction say season 5 case.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Time's Arrow was amazing. I love anything that goes into the past.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There was, we're just in an alternate timeline where it was prevented from happening.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Is that what that smell is? Alt Universe funk?

Are you in the universe where they tried to redo Wrath of Khan three times? If so, you're in the bad universe.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I like that Picard is open with his friends in private but puts everyone in their place on the bridge. When Data interrupts Picard's horsie ride in the holodeck to say he talked to some random space kid, Picard actually says "ooops." Then when Data tries to bring the kid on the bridge, Picard is all "Get that thing off my bridge you stupid robot."

Also, gently caress Berman to death. The music is soo good in the early seasons. In this episode, the soundtrack has some TOS style music and I thought "wow they are using the old theme in an interesting way." It was so distracting because it was good and I was used to just hearing "Generic cliffhanger statement. *BWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAM*" for so long. Berman created the very problem he thought he was solving.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 9, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't see what the point of fighting the federation was anyway. If they prevented first contact, then Earth probably wouldn't be as advanced as they were originally and there's no point in assimilating them. The Federation wasn't seeking a fight with the Borg so the Borg could have just ignored the Federation and worked on assimilating other worlds.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
In other news, the chief of police has issued a statement regarding the recent trend of cyber goths stealing iPhones around the city.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

CharlieWhiskey posted:

do you think that hugh gets embrassed when he detaches cybernetic enhancments in front of the queen
sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha

Is this a tumblr quote?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Enterprise ranges from boring to pretty good. I don't know if it ever gets really bad like Voyager does.

Also, the borg queen was just stupid and was made even more stupid by Voyager. The whole point of the Borg is that they are all one consciousness and there is no individual. Hugh was crazy because he became a sentient borg, then Lore grabbed some more of them. Why the hell do they need the queen? The fact that they needed her was proof that the collective didn't work.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Certain things are kept around if they could be useful in other projects. What use are andorian ears when Star Trek is dead?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Go over and post all that on the star trek reddit. I said that Enterprise ended up lame because everything was literally the same and some sperg piped up with "yeah but the hull plating works by a completely different concept to shields."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe one day there will be some sort of captain who can fight his way out of any situation. Maybe later there will be a captain who can coolly handle intense situations. Who knows, maybe even a black one. Perhaps there could even be a lady captain in the distant future. In any case, I'll just have to make things up as I go along as I am the first captain to make it out this far and there aren't really any rules or established policies as of yet.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
"I feel strange but also good."
"Well Wes, back on the rape planet where I'm from, we had drugs. While they may make you feel good right now, eventually all drugs will kill you. Except for tobacco and alcohol of course."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ogmius815 posted:

Star Trek humans rarely drink real alcohol and I can't recall any examples of one using tobacco. I've always considered this one of the weirdest things about Star Trek.

I was more tying it into the 1980s say no to drugs except for the ones that pay us advertising money.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think it would be hilarious if they at least once say something that proves Axanar never happened. 10 years before TOS seems like it could be sort of lame but I guess we'll see. With a non captain main character, what are the odds that stupid nerds get real mad about it and start petitions to either make the captain a main character or make the main character be a captain?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
"Our planet is completely filled with gay people and we all smoke weed all the time" *winks into camera*

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
https://twitter.com/TheEricGoldman/status/763524020197220352

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
DS9 in HD would be the worst investment ever for CBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah so I went to take all that crap off the excelsior from generations. Is super glue not removable? Oh well.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 11, 2016