Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Renaissance Nerd
Mar 29, 2010
Problem description: Sorry if im terse, im typing this on my tablet. After moving my hard drives over to a mostly new system I'm suffering a BSOD when windows tries to boot. The error message is:

STOP: 0x0000007b (0XFFFFF880009A97E8 0XFFFFFFCFC0000034 followed by 3 0x000000000000000)

I'm pretty sure the issue is a disconnect between my new cpu and motherboard and my old HDD.

Attempted fixes: I have tried changing the BIOS settings to automatically launch CSM and changed my Secure boot to Other OS to try and access secure mode in Windows 7. I'm still getting bluescreens when windows tries to launch and I can only boot windows normally or run the repair tool, with no option for secure boot. Some fixes told me to reinstall win7 but my new case didn't come with any optical drive space.

Recent changes: Recently updated my motherboard, CPU, and GPU. Went from a GTX760, P55M UD2 motherboard, and an older Intel i5 to a GTX 1070, a Z710 motherboard, and an i5 6600k cpu

--

Operating system: Windows 7 Premium

System specs: Intel 6600k Cpu, nVidia GTX 1070 gpu, Asus Z710 motherboard,PSU is a Corsair CX750, 2x8 Corsair DDR4 RAM @ 3000 MHZ, HDD is a 1TB Corsair with Windows and a 250 GB SSD with no boot files.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes.

A Renaissance Nerd fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
I'd recommend a fresh installation of Windows since your machine is so new, make sure you accept the Windows 10 upgrade offer, as it will expire this month. You can install using a USB flash drive.

A Renaissance Nerd
Mar 29, 2010
Well, I got my copy of Windows 7 through MSDNAA 5 years ago, and I don't have the install disc I used anymore. And I can't download the ISO from Microsoft since I can't boot up the machine to check for the product code. Am I stuck going with :files: or buying a new copy of Windows 10 digitally?

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING

A Renaissance Nerd posted:

Well, I got my copy of Windows 7 through MSDNAA 5 years ago, and I don't have the install disc I used anymore. And I can't download the ISO from Microsoft since I can't boot up the machine to check for the product code. Am I stuck going with :files: or buying a new copy of Windows 10 digitally?

I don't think I can recommend :files: on here, but you can obtain legit OEM ISOs on various websites that'll activate with your 7 product key

A Renaissance Nerd
Mar 29, 2010
Well, I went and bought a new copy of Windows 10, and I'm migrating everything over. Thanks for the help everyone.

• Locked thread