Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qhat
Jul 6, 2015

post ufnny video game speed run things here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=gamesdonequick stream link without chat or other bs

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/SamandTolki/

still going strong after 2 yers

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

qhat posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SamandTolki/

still going strong after 2 yers

gently caress you, this lead me down a reddit rabbit hole I wasn't prepared for.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

gently caress you, this lead me down a reddit rabbit hole I wasn't prepared for.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SamandTolki/comments/4qea54/sams_comeback_stream_predictions/

this is pretty terrible

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

this same guy has been posting poo poo like that for 2 years. every year im like "hm he must've stopped now it's be x months" nope he's still posting

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

lol wtf

i never expected gamesdonequick fanfiction, much less weird revenge fanfiction

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

that couch is going to be so gross

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

nah man i reckon at least the runners shower

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
has anyone had sex on the couch

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Silver Alicorn posted:

has anyone had sex on the couch

where was it bought from? this will dictate the answer

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Watching strangers play video games is boring and sad.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
much like your posting

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

dont sign "your posting"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you've made a powerful enemy 2day

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Sharktopus is this you http://sharktop.us/

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

that couch is going to be so gross

amazing how drat big gdq has gotten drat

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
good for these cool ppl raising so much freakin Money for cancer kids and stuff. Eagerly awaiting this sessions Big Notch Donation

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
"Looks like we got a donation in... for... uh.. TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS? what The... Ahhh NOTCH! "Thanks for the games and Kill The Animals! - Notch" Yea!! Great job!! thANKS NOTCH!!"

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
if u dont vote to kill the animals ur trash

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

welcome to agdq anthro gonads done quick the world's only48 hour live streamed furry fuckfest here's a donation 20 dollars to gently caress the animals

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

So I was browsing reddit and I came across this video of The Tonight Show with Colbert that aired last night I believe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvLwpnn1F4Y&feature=youtu.be

It is a video of WR holding runner Mitch Fowler speed running SMB3 vs. real athletes and Stephen Colbert eating. It was obviously a humorous attempt at attracting more people to watch SGDQ, which is coming up in a couple of days. It looks like they are trying to capture the late 20s-40s year old casual demographic (that watch Colbert) into watching SGDQ and donating some of their hard earned money. At the very end of the video, Colbert even mentions SGDQ is in a few days and to watch it and donate to it (because it's for charity!) and a banner even appears at the bottom of the screen.

This is obviously Uyama and the other crooks on the GDQ staff's failed attempt at trying to lure unsuspecting people into giving money for a noble cause, little do they know that Uyama and company are really just lining their pockets with said money. This really pisses me off. We all know the real reason behind this: to get Uyama and his friends richer, not to raise more money for charity. Yet, they are hiding behind the guise of trying to raise money for a good cause, but they know exactly what they are doing. They don't give a gently caress about charity, they are just so greedy, that a six figure salary wasn't enough for them, and now they want to make seven figures. Because organizing a week-long event twice a year warrants that sort of salary for sure.

One has to wonder how much it cost Uyama to send Mitch to appear on the Colbert Show in the first place. I'd bet my life that Colbert's people weren't the ones who initially contacted GDQ asking them to send someone to appear on the show for publicity reasons and to promote GDQ, it was definitely the other way around. My guess, since Colbert has millions of viewers every night, is that this publicity promotion cost GDQ around 20-30k. It's cool though Uyama, those kids with cancer were going to die anyway, so giving away all that money in order to promote your event to the masses, instead of giving that money to charity, was well worth it I take it? Well, we will see if your investment pays off in about a week when SGDQ ends.

The last point i'll make is this: I love how Colbert and Mitch and everyone act like GDQ is just all fun and games, where everyone has a great time and makes friends, and it's all very family friendly and everyone's sole purpose for being there is to raise money for a good cause. Colbert doesn't mention (probably because Uyama never mentioned to him) how hosed up GDQs are. How one year a couple of guys got an under aged married girl blackout drunk and committed adultery, or how a big black dude got permabanned from running just because he showed a Golf NES cart on stream and was harassed by security (totally not racist), or how a socially awkward runner made inappropriate jokes on stream and was permabanned from GDQs and twitch, or how another runner was angry and punched an NES and cursed and got permabanned from GDQs as well, or (and here's the worst one) an actual disabled person who was in a wheelchair and had lost function in half of his body was harassed by security and told to stop showing Twitch emotes on his iPad on stream, because apparently GDQ staff are completely and unabashedly anti-fun. Or how Trihex came forward and explained the party culture that's going on: that GDQs are now just a big party where everyone gets drunk and fucks each other, and that's why no one is ever in the main speed running room anymore. I'm sure if Colbert had made mention of any of these things, his audience would think twice about donating money to the Scumbags of GDQ.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

you better summarise that poo poo that i'm not gonna read

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
PSA twitch.tv is terrible use twitchls.com for all you're are video watching needs.

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
this years lineup is boring as heck

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Incomplete Fish posted:

didnt come to watch the video game TBH

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

PSA twitch.tv is terrible use twitchls.com for all you're are video watching needs.

forgot about this ty

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

Incomplete Fish posted:

wrong!

Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
Castlevania 64
The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

and the whole Awful Game Done Quick Block.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
hahahahaha this kid's ds ran out of battery on the last level of the game
he didn't have a charger, they had to bum one off the audience

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
why are you watching a video of someone else playing a video game (fast?)

what has happened in your life to bring you to this point?

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

qntm posted:

Sharktopus is this you http://sharktop.us/

no im sharktopus.com

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
https://clips.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/DelightfulPorpoiseRiPepperonis lol someone already clipped it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
mario

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol how do you speedrun mario kart
thats dumb
this is dumb

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

infernal machines posted:

why are you watching a video of someone else playing a sportsball game (fast?)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
because i can drink and yell at the tv and it's socially acceptable to do so

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

loving nerds

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

i dunno, something cool about watching a game my son and I play being played at an expert level by the worlds best players with my son (in the DD run at least).

also, :getout:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, who knows, with enough practice and expert coaching perhaps your son could join the ranks of the elite on a filthy couch at 3am at an airport hojo in idaho to showcase his talents in eden eternal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

infernal machines posted:

yeah, who knows, with enough practice and expert coaching perhaps your son could join the ranks of the elite on a filthy couch at 3am at an airport hojo in idaho to showcase his talents in eden eternal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPAZvxmLfcQ&hd=1

• Locked thread