Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
the entire first day has just passed and there have been 0 (zero) funnies.

off to a great start!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Incomplete Fish posted:

the entire first day has just passed and there have been 0 (zero) funnies.

off to a great start!

What? That dudes ds losing power was gold.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
highlight of the event so far: when it stopped because the power went out

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

infernal machines posted:

highlight of the event so far: when it stopped because the power went out

i'll suck your cock for a thousand dollars

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

GameCube posted:

So I was browsing reddit and I came across this video of The Tonight Show with Colbert that aired last night I believe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvLwpnn1F4Y&feature=youtu.be

It is a video of WR holding runner Mitch Fowler speed running SMB3 vs. real athletes and Stephen Colbert eating. It was obviously a humorous attempt at attracting more people to watch SGDQ, which is coming up in a couple of days. It looks like they are trying to capture the late 20s-40s year old casual demographic (that watch Colbert) into watching SGDQ and donating some of their hard earned money. At the very end of the video, Colbert even mentions SGDQ is in a few days and to watch it and donate to it (because it's for charity!) and a banner even appears at the bottom of the screen.

This is obviously Uyama and the other crooks on the GDQ staff's failed attempt at trying to lure unsuspecting people into giving money for a noble cause, little do they know that Uyama and company are really just lining their pockets with said money. This really pisses me off. We all know the real reason behind this: to get Uyama and his friends richer, not to raise more money for charity. Yet, they are hiding behind the guise of trying to raise money for a good cause, but they know exactly what they are doing. They don't give a gently caress about charity, they are just so greedy, that a six figure salary wasn't enough for them, and now they want to make seven figures. Because organizing a week-long event twice a year warrants that sort of salary for sure.

One has to wonder how much it cost Uyama to send Mitch to appear on the Colbert Show in the first place. I'd bet my life that Colbert's people weren't the ones who initially contacted GDQ asking them to send someone to appear on the show for publicity reasons and to promote GDQ, it was definitely the other way around. My guess, since Colbert has millions of viewers every night, is that this publicity promotion cost GDQ around 20-30k. It's cool though Uyama, those kids with cancer were going to die anyway, so giving away all that money in order to promote your event to the masses, instead of giving that money to charity, was well worth it I take it? Well, we will see if your investment pays off in about a week when SGDQ ends.

The last point i'll make is this: I love how Colbert and Mitch and everyone act like GDQ is just all fun and games, where everyone has a great time and makes friends, and it's all very family friendly and everyone's sole purpose for being there is to raise money for a good cause. Colbert doesn't mention (probably because Uyama never mentioned to him) how hosed up GDQs are. How one year a couple of guys got an under aged married girl blackout drunk and committed adultery, or how a big black dude got permabanned from running just because he showed a Golf NES cart on stream and was harassed by security (totally not racist), or how a socially awkward runner made inappropriate jokes on stream and was permabanned from GDQs and twitch, or how another runner was angry and punched an NES and cursed and got permabanned from GDQs as well, or (and here's the worst one) an actual disabled person who was in a wheelchair and had lost function in half of his body was harassed by security and told to stop showing Twitch emotes on his iPad on stream, because apparently GDQ staff are completely and unabashedly anti-fun. Or how Trihex came forward and explained the party culture that's going on: that GDQs are now just a big party where everyone gets drunk and fucks each other, and that's why no one is ever in the main speed running room anymore. I'm sure if Colbert had made mention of any of these things, his audience would think twice about donating money to the Scumbags of GDQ.

in other words "boo-hoo-hoooooo everyone is getting laid but me :qq:"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I have a super hard time getting mad at people raising money for Doctors Without Borders, no matter how gross and ugly they are.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Has science figured out yet why nerds all have nasal voices?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Citizen Tayne posted:

Has science figured out yet why nerds all have nasal voices?

the physiological imprint of being sexually molested at a young age by your scout master

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Citizen Tayne posted:

I have a super hard time getting mad at people raising money for Doctors Without Borders, no matter how gross and ugly they are.

Borders are very important. their Insolence should not be rewarded

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I post in yospos, and i loving hate these nerds playing video games!! Grr

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
sweet the dude running Hagane just equalled his own 3 year old PB 15:31

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

watching mega man is possibly the most boring thing i can imagine

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I post in yospos and I like it when nerds playing videogames happens to benefit a good cause

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Awia posted:

Baseball

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Baseball is the perfect sport

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Awia posted:

you must have missed that mario sunshine run then

was tony hawk underground ood? is that the one with bam margera?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
this ratchet and clank run is bad too

also that mega man clone game earlier holy poo poo the couch was brilliant

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sick impressive. this man memorized the sprite mask for every thing in the game

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i love speedrunning because its a direct rebuttal to STORYTELLING/games are art narrative

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i love speedrunning because its a direct rebuttal to STORYTELLING/games are art narrative

Uh...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I'm not a games are art flame war kind of guy, but this line of reasoning also concludes wrenches don't exist, only oddly shaped hammers.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i love trailer parks cause its a direct rebuttal to the fact that homes need a foundation of concrete poured into the ground

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

power botton posted:

i love trailer parks cause its a direct rebuttal to the fact that homes need a foundation of concrete poured into the ground

lol

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

power botton posted:

A proper home foundation is made from field stone or sandstone. Concrete is for poors.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol let me just pour this slab

Worst Foundation

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

wish these fuckin nerds would speedrun their life already

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
baseball is loving great and sgdq is loving great.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
aww yeah star wars dark forces

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://twitter.com/romscoutSDA/status/750212380282400769

romscout is funny and good

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

this is dumb

agreed

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is this happening after the current run? I can't see it on schedule

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
this blindfolded castlevania run is ridic

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

there was one run of some f-zero knock off and the guy kept making fun of the game for being poorly coded then added, near the end "oh they patched all of these bugs out, i had to keep my wii offline for 4 months to do this run so it wouldn't patch"

talk about owned

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Has anything funny happened so far? Ie nerds loving their friend's wives, epic rejections, embarrassingly awful behaviour on stream, etc

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

same, but for people going through museums super fast

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Leck posted:

same, but for people going through museums super fast

lol

im scared to search on youtube "speedrunning the louvre/prado/kunsthistorisches"

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
you can have different categories too, like any% is just how fast you can run in, take a selfie with the mona lisa, and run back out

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
is there likr a highlight reel or something? i detest watching boring poo poo for 5 hours just to see one neat thing. how can people even watch these things anymore?? they used up all the content in previuos evets and are going to literal blind runs. oh man this guy memorized all thses button clicks and is repeating them flawlessly and frame perfect w his eyes closed as the crowd goes whild, this is impressive , and i want to suck his dilz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

obstipator posted:

is there likr a highlight reel or something? i detest watching boring poo poo for 5 hours just to see one neat thing. how can people even watch these things anymore?? they used up all the content in previuos evets and are going to literal blind runs. oh man this guy memorized all thses button clicks and is repeating them flawlessly and frame perfect w his eyes closed as the crowd goes whild, this is impressive , and i want to suck his dilz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaUfpou0MBI

• Locked thread