Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Boiled brussel sprouts are better

Roasted!!!!!!!!!!!! :supaburn:

I love wilted spinach with some mushrooms and a fried egg on top.

Broccoli is always good.

Asparagus (roasted).

gently caress kale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Broccoli is the scrub brush of the colon

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Chief McHeath posted:

Why are you reverse-racist?

You made me this way.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Yes I'll have the plant that is shaped like a human brain stem

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
sometimes when I'm broke or lazy I'll just have a big rear end bowl o' broc for dinner. a sad but healthy meal :unsmith:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I always thought it was kind of trippy that each chunk of broccoli you break off is just a miniature version of the whole head.

shoophobo posted:

Costco sells 4lbs of high quality frozen broccoli florets for like $8.
its the best. I eat it almost every night with a little Parmesan and black pepper.

Lol broccoli is like 1.28/lb for a fresh head at winco what are you doin with frozen veggies

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

broccoli is the best vegetable for taste... i like to buy the freezer bags of tender heads its like a giant bag of just florets minus the lovely woody stem.

Excellent for stir fry or serving to 'tatos. Or anything really. Its just the best.

Cauliflower tastes and sounds like poo poo.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Boiled brussel sprouts are better

par boiled and seared you cretin

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

The only green things I eat is raw kale and sometimes lettuce

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

ArbitraryC posted:

I always thought it was kind of trippy that each chunk of broccoli you break off is just a miniature version of the whole head.

Lol broccoli is like 1.28/lb for a fresh head at winco what are you doin with frozen veggies

Microwaving it with chicken for lunch at work. If you buy it on sale frozen broccoli costs the same as fresh and keeps ten times as long.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

green veg hierarchy

chard > everything else

give or take some re-arranging

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

idk ur mom's puss ain't bad if u plug ur nose

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

bleep.bloop posted:

Microwaving it with chicken for lunch at work. If you buy it on sale frozen broccoli costs the same as fresh and keeps ten times as long.
It'll never taste the same tho.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

bok choy is where it's at

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that chickpea and broccoli burrito recipe looks real good. i'm gonna have to try that out.

roasted is my favorite way to prepare broccoli anyway.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Serious Frolicking posted:

that chickpea and broccoli burrito recipe looks real good. i'm gonna have to try that out.

roasted is my favorite way to prepare broccoli anyway.

roasted is the bomb but I've had a recent affinity for putting it in soup, it gives the stock a really good flavor and seems to soak up the aroma of everything else.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Celluloid Sam posted:

bok choy is where it's at

put some fish sauce on that and some black mushrooms

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Millie posted:

Roasted!!!!!!!!!!!! :supaburn:

I love wilted spinach with some mushrooms and a fried egg on top.

Broccoli is always good.

Asparagus (roasted).

gently caress kale.

I forgot about roasting poo poo. I'm used to steaming.

I am missing the flavour nation.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

bleep.bloop posted:

frozen broccoli is poo poo, always limp and watery as gently caress plus fresh broccoli is cheap as poo poo in stores anyways

i have purple broccoli growing in my raised bed and it owns already ate bunch broccoli owns gently caress you

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
broccoli is disgusting

i eat onions like apples. raw. but i will not eat anything that is broccoli or hell anything related to broccoli

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
The only thing that rivals my love for broccoli is my contempt for cauliflower, its evil twin

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
somehow i have missed that all of the other good vegetables are somehow the same plant as broccoli, and that is Some Bull poo poo

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
BROcoli is my biggest bro of a veggie, even when I was a wee lad that hated anything that wasn't in the food category of Hot Dog would enjoy a nicely boiled and lightly salted floret. Top veg fo sho.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

If you've never made roasted broccoli and chickpea burritos you are missing the gently caress out.

http://www.thugkitchen.com/roasted_chickpea_broccoli_burrito

drat son this website is tite

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
what about mold?

am i really the only person who likes mold?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
cauliflower is better

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rutibex posted:

cauliflower is better

blasphemer

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Rutibex posted:

cauliflower is better

ShinyBirdTeeth
Nov 7, 2011

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Collard greens are the one true form of b. oleracea. Spinach is for lumpy sailors and babies. Broccoli is a glorified ranch delivery substrate. And, Brussels sprouts are just OK; they are the beige of vegetables. Collard greens with a few strips of bacon or a little salt pork, a good hunk o garlic, some red pepper, and some vinegar...these are the good things in life, my friends, and they are worthy of your love.

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

kazr posted:

frozen broccoli is poo poo, always limp and watery as gently caress plus fresh broccoli is cheap as poo poo in stores anyways

i have purple broccoli growing in my raised bed and it owns already ate bunch broccoli owns gently caress you

God drat it you're right. I wish I had a stove and some cast iron there. Everything turns to mush in the microwave at work. It's like everything that's soul crushing about office work in a tiny metal box with a timer.

Rutibex posted:

cauliflower is better

Cauliflower is pretty good. Sometimes I eat it raw with a little salt.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

i think we can all agree cruciferous vegetables own hard

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
but whats your favorite dip? nacho cheese or ranch dressing?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

if you throw away the stalks you are a loving chump. slice them up and steam them. they're delicious and have a shitload of nutritional value

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

stick the stalks up your rear end for some creativity your friends will never expect!

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

gargle on my stalk and balls, forums poster kazr

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

kazr posted:

Legit, I'm not usually picky and will happily take my veggies in whatever form is most convenient, but fresh broccoli is so much better taste and texture-wise that it might as well be a different vegetable to frozen broccoli.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

the only reason to get frozen broc is if you're going to blend it up for soup or whatever and even then might as well get fresh. broccoli lasts long in the fridge anyway if that's your concern

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

If you've never made roasted broccoli and chickpea burritos you are missing the gently caress out.

http://www.thugkitchen.com/roasted_chickpea_broccoli_burrito

mah mannnn

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I eat a raw head of broccoli every day, the stem is the best part as long as you peel it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

PyPy posted:

Broccoli is the scrub brush of the colon

no that's celery

• Locked thread