Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
grilled broccoli brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
if you don't pretend to be a giant eating a tree when eating broccoli you're a scrub

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Necc0 posted:

no that's celery

a prophecy foretelling the advent of the goatman

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

December Octopodes posted:

if you don't pretend to be a giant eating a tree when eating broccoli you're a scrub

I'm not sure what to do different there :confused:

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I can't believe a thread about how awesome broccoli is hasn't yet featured romanesco broccoli.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Necc0 posted:

no that's celery

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/4yDNL92.gif:nws:

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

dunno, asparagus sure is nice

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

rub a little olive oil on your broccoli, salt, some pepper, throw that poo poo on a pan and bake at 425 for 12ish minutes god drat truly the way to consume broccoli

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
When I was living off a food budget of $2 a day, pita pizza with broccoli and adobo was one of the best interruptions to the endless meals of rice and beans.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I got these recently:

https://meh.com/deals/sistema-4-piece-microwave-steamer-set

I've been eating a lot of broccoli. It's great!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Seconding the love for roasted vegetables. Roasting is amazing. Adds some crispness and lowers the water content, intensifying flavour.

naem
May 29, 2011

I ate too much broccoli and pooped a whole bunch p good over all 4/5 stars

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

If you've never made roasted broccoli and chickpea burritos you are missing the gently caress out.

http://www.thugkitchen.com/roasted_chickpea_broccoli_burrito

Just made this poo poo and it was GOOD AS HELL

Added roasted tempeh, avocado, and a smear of sour cream and im out ✌

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016

roomforthetuna posted:

I can't believe a thread about how awesome broccoli is hasn't yet featured romanesco broccoli.

I like the cool pyramid broccoli but it's only a special treat since it cost $3.50 a head instead of $2 a head for normal broccoli or cauliflower

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

TheUltimateDoofus posted:

I like the cool pyramid broccoli but it's only a special treat since it cost $3.50 a head instead of $2 a head for normal broccoli or cauliflower
someone needs to invent an augmented reality set of VR goggles that replace the veg you're eating with the more expensive variety

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Cauliflower is the devil's taint of vegetables.

Broccoli is wonderful.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Boiled brussel sprouts are better

Braise that poo poo in beer and then cook it off, friend

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

someone needs to invent an augmented reality set of VR goggles that replace the veg you're eating with the more expensive variety

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Goddamnit, I laughed.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

therattle posted:

Seconding the love for roasted vegetables. Roasting is amazing. Adds some crispness and lowers the water content, intensifying flavour.

Lol, literally just lol, if you cook vegetables with hot water instead of one of the infinitely superior dry heat methods.

Rockypug
Aug 4, 2006

Beware the Werepug!!!!!
Op, you spelled asparagus wrong

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
Broccoli is p good, but I like Brussels sprouts better

HumanDecency
Oct 5, 2015
I alternate between broccoli and snap peas with my red pepper hummus.

Good thread. Glad it's not about Taco Bell.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
broccoli is good for you because if keeps your alcoholic liver from failing.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
weed is green and you can eat it

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

:wth:

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Rockypug posted:

Op, you spelled asparagus wrong

rude

Bonzo posted:

broccoli is good for you because if keeps your alcoholic liver from failing.

Wow if this is true I guess I must have been subconsciously aware of it! Bro-ccoli saving my life everyday :c00l:

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Im a little late to this all-green party OP but I do like some lightly boiled broccoli with a bit of salt and butter. it's a delicious addition to most dishes including chicken, fish, you name it. children don't like broccoli but children are largely loving idiots.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

It fits any dish, I added some to a hot tomatoey pasta sauce today and it was good.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Ape Fist posted:

Im a little late to this all-green party OP but I do like some lightly boiled broccoli with a bit of salt and butter. it's a delicious addition to most dishes including chicken, fish, you name it. children don't like broccoli but children are largely loving idiots.

Baked chicken with steamed broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower with a bit of yogurt based dressing is the dinner of champions.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Steaming a big pot of broccoli drizzled in soy sauce. NOM!

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
Why are you steaming your broccoli when you could pan roast it or stir fry it or cook it one of the way better ways? Brussels sprouts are pretty great too with a little pancetta and some coarse ground pepper

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016
roast or die. or fry.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
i dunno op i would have to say she-hulk's emerald vagina would probably be more amazing than broccoli

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

ArbitraryC posted:

I always thought it was kind of trippy that each chunk of broccoli you break off is just a miniature version of the whole head.

[edit] beaten :mad:

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

kazr posted:

i think we can all agree cruciferous vegetables own hard

they sure owned me :(

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Why are you steaming your broccoli when you could pan roast it or stir fry it or cook it one of the way better ways? Brussels sprouts are pretty great too with a little pancetta and some coarse ground pepper

Steaming = no oil and also easier.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

a cop posted:

Steaming = no oil and also easier.

Yah, steaming is a perfectly valid method for greens like broccoli and asparagus. They stay crisp unlike boiling. There is no excuse for boiling.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
Isn't avocado/guacamole a better green thing than broccoli?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jesus Christ posted:

they sure owned me :(
Well you came back :) and it's good to see you around still.

• Locked thread