Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ragg posted:

Great poo poo. I don't already know that Kotaku and all the other gaming journos are retarded and need to be reminded of this. Oh look someone on Kotaku thought a game was too hard. Never seen this happen before. Wonder if it will happen again. Should have a dedicatged thjread for laughing at these assholes, it's just too much funny and win when the same thing happens over and over again.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ragg posted:

Great poo poo. I don't already know that Kotaku and all the other gaming journos are retarded and need to be reminded of this. Oh look someone on Kotaku thought a game was too hard. Never seen this happen before. Wonder if it will happen again. Should have a dedicatged thjread for laughing at these assholes, it's just too much funny and win when the same thing happens over and over again.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish this game did a post-fight score screen or something. Because I got a B on a fight, but, why? Took too much damage? Took too long? Healed too much?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You sucked at fighting the boss.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
just did the tutorial boss and so far this game seems pretty good and hell, its free

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

You sucked at fighting the boss.

When I check 0.1% of players had received an A on any fight so I think B is respectable at the moment

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat two bosses (including the tutorial) before I went to bed last night and I like the game a lot, the combat system is pretty fun. The between fight walks are purestrain AIDS though

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i lost interest in this pretty quickly when i realized every boss has 4 million HP and the combat is Nier tier.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
Why did they misspell furry :confused:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bedlamdan posted:

Why did they misspell furry :confused:

They didn't. Topic locked.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im giving this a go tonight. not yet though. but keep please keep this in mind, that im playing this tonight, at some point.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

im giving this a go tonight. not yet though. but keep please keep this in mind, that im playing this tonight, at some point.

me, as well

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This game makes me Furious.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

In Training posted:

I wish this game did a post-fight score screen or something. Because I got a B on a fight, but, why? Took too much damage? Took too long? Healed too much?

They do in practice mode, but not the game proper for some weird reason. Would be nice if that was added in after your first playthrough when you'd actually start to care about rankings.

Also jeez, I'm bad at these kind of fast-paced action games but apparently I'm pro compared to some game journalists.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

On hell yeah, I am definitely down with this scene. Fun fact, I actually met my current S/O at a "Zootopia" screening at Anthrocon this year.

edit: severely misinterpreted the title of this thread. Disregard the above.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Fantastic find, OP. Love this game :waycool:

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

On hell yeah, I am definitely down with this scene. Fun fact, I actually met my current S/O at a "Zootopia" screening at Anthrocon this year.

edit: severely misinterpreted the title of this thread. Disregard the above.

Hope you fellas are happy

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

The boss introductions remind me of the No More Heroes boss intros.

thanks for the reminder i still need to get heroes paradise

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
i haven't played this but i have learned to be suspicious when someone who confesses theyre bad at a game says it's "not strategic enough." like, how would you know? you mean you want your strategies to work? lol me too

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

You can replay any boss you have beaten (or gotten to?) on "Practice Mode" which is actually just like, non-story mode. After beating the boss it gives you a score screen. Your final rank is a composite of 3 subranks, which are Time, KOs (times died), and Hits (times you got hit)

I don't know, but I assume each boss has different ones. To S rank the first boss, it's <5 minutes, 0 KOs, and <10 hits.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

the ranks are also a bit clearer in speedrun mode, which you unlock after beating the final boss. it's just every bossfight in order, and no cutscenes or walking section. it also tells you how many seconds you are ahead/behind your current best score, which is cool.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Ragg posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EvilMike posted:

the ranks are also a bit clearer in speedrun mode, which you unlock after beating the final boss. it's just every bossfight in order, and no cutscenes or walking section. it also tells you how many seconds you are ahead/behind your current best score, which is cool.

This should have been the default mode

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean... all you need to do to unlock speedrun mode is brat each boss once. So its not like you're gonna be in any shape to be speedrunning them before you can do that.

I like the cutscenes.

And you can turn on score stuff in the normal mode, if you want to see the clock, your KOs, and your Hits.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm downloading this now

I actually wanted to buy it before it was PS+ so I'm hoping I like it. I saw vids and it looks good.

In Training posted:

The boss introductions remind me of the No More Heroes boss intros.

Do they have the whispering steven hawking voice introducing them

Shiiin o buuu

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Unironically used to make my friends listen to NMH soundtrack in my car and tell them "Oh yeah it's an underground japanese dj"

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Furi is good

In Training posted:

I've only seen three and the first two were pretty standard but the third one is already messing with basic game mechanics. I bet the final fight is fully sick
the final fight is poo poo actually :D

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Do they have the whispering steven hawking voice introducing them

Shiiin o buuu

Unfortunately they do not :( Worst part of the game,r eally.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i really loving suck at this. i can't even beat the tutorial boss.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

sector_corrector posted:

i really loving suck at this. i can't even beat the tutorial boss.

The trick is to realize when you can and can't hurt the enemy. This isn't a damage race game, you just wail on the enemy, it wont work at all.

The first boss, who is called The Chain, is vulnerable any time right after he attacks.

He's a pretty good enemy to practice parrying on. Parrying is a must, it's not optional.

If you tell me what part of the fight is giving you trouble, and gan give you some more specific pointers.

I also recomment dodging with left trigger instead of x. It will make it much easier to charge your slash and dash at the same time.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you need to learn to dodge mainly with the trigger, the second boss has wave attacks that ignore the standard dash

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

frank.club posted:

you need to learn to dodge mainly with the trigger, the second boss has wave attacks that ignore the standard dash

I dont think that's true? Both buttons do exactly the same thing...

I didn't even learn you could dash with the trigger until the fifth boss...

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The trigger dash can be held down for longer distance

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

frank.club posted:

uh you can charge the dash on the x button or whatever ?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mysterious loyall X posted:

uh you can charge the dash on the x button or whatever ?

oh

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

frank.club posted:

So can the x dash. It's literally just another button that does the same thing. Its better to use the trigger because its easier to hold square and the trigger than square and x.

Edit: beaten.

^ no big :)

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

for the shooting parts your own shots can cancel everything but the lasers and a couple big bullets, you can sort of dodge at random. the fighting sections are basically rhythm games, you do the parries and then you do the canned 4 hit combo. it's not like a fighting game or regular character action game like dmc where you can punish stuff or whatever. the charge shot u can shoot off whenever but the charge sword attack is only really used when you cruple the boss and it's glowing orange i think. bye

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The game is fairly easy from what I've played but I hope the hard mode is trickier. well maybe not because I don't like the parts where the boss is invincible and you just have to wait for them to get hit and they could lean into that heavily on hard mode. On the 6th boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did like the swamp fight though where they made the available space barely larger than a dash and you had to navigate the areas during the wave attacks. Pretty cool

• Locked thread