Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Well if Alex Jones is one of the good guys, then I'm not too sure the archons are the good guys, I mean look what they did to him.

What I'm trying to say is, Hail Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

McDowell posted:

Sorry guys I should only promote reasonable beliefs. One day the free market will produce an economy with no ecological impact, and we can upload our brains into computers and rocket off to colonize space.
lol, I like you mcdowell, don't ever change

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
though I should say i'm down for both uploading-brains-into-computers-into-colonizing-space and mocking people's religions, including the meaningless word salads that you seem to be familiar with, but i'll make an exception just for you if you can stay interesting

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
McDowell, what do you think there is, off this planet, in space

I'll give you a hint

nothing

there's nothing there

that's why it's 'space'

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

McDowell posted:

It is very big universe that we only perceive a fraction of. We are not alone.
what we can't see is picked up by radio emissions, and the picture is not good my friend. you can believe as much bullshit as you want, to make yourself feel better, but entropy does not give a gently caress, you will die and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

McDowell's posts remind me of a conspiracy theory about military think tanks and New Agers working together to make a new religion for humanity. The disdain for material reality and desire to go into space were the two big aspects of the theorized religion, with the idea to keep people motivated to work even as living conditions declined for most of the population. It's mostly bullshit, but showed some funny connections between new age prophets and early tech people which helps explains some of Silicon Valley's weirdness.

I found out the Heavens Gate cult was a big fan of the X-Files from that rabbit hole, so good job staying authentic with that McDowell. Sadly you may just be following a MK Ultra psyop tho.
I think a bigger factor in that is that intelligence community people are legit crazy, so there was a natural affinity.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
your friend was not doing the original linking 'ironically'

he sounds anxious & paranoid, his distrust of any and all news sources has lead him to try and figure everything out himself, but he doesn't have the critical thinking skills to do that correctly, on all issues, so he naturally ends up with crazy ideas

and when you attack those ideas, you're attacking him personally, because you make him feel stupid

they sound like they need support, reassurance, and most importantly of all, I think you just need to talk through with him about politics and life and stuff

like just sit down, ask him what he honestly feels about the direction the world is going, his country is going, his life is going, etc.

have like a normal conversation, but let him take the lead, push him to talk it all outside of his head, say everything out loud

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i think your best bet is to admit fault, but not lie to him

"look, i'm sorry, i wasn't being fair to you. I still don't agree with you, but maybe I got carried away. let's talk this out"

or something along those lines

then transition -> "how long have you had this opinion on X issue", see if there's a formative experience

talk out that experience, agree with anything you agree with, grant him some validation on something

from there, you can maybe try and tease out the source of the anxiety

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Alex Jones is not really a news source, msnbc may be old media and out of touch, but I've never known them to just be flat out crazy in the same way Alex Jones is, thinking that fluoride turns frogs gay

But that little speech of his, talking about sports and how it's just escapism from a world that has not delivered on the future it promised, was weirdly beautiful, to me, and it makes me feel not anger at him, but sadness, that he could get it, in one way, but lose it, in another

Really, he's just another scared person, in a crazy world

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
And they no concept of a reach around

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
That little snarl he does is super embarrasing

Clearly acting like a literal dog is the best way to show how sane, serious and 'human' you are

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
"It's totally out of character" lol, glad to see they have some level of self awareness.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

logikv9 posted:

release a line of mind erasure chili that, depending on the flavor, will help you forget select moments

going through a hard breakup? there's a chili for that. you won't even remember what you did for the last 2 years
The mind eraser thing in mib but its actually just a sprayable chili/capsicum spray

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Roboto has a dual nature. It has a mechanical skeleton and the forms are largely geometric. At the same time, the font features friendly and open curves. While some grotesks distort their letterforms to force a rigid rhythm, Roboto doesn’t compromise, allowing letters to be settled into their natural width. This makes for a more natural reading rhythm more commonly found in humanist and serif types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Too complex and stupid, your symbol needs to be memorable and easy enough to spray paint on walls without it looking 'wrong'

• Locked thread