Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I know a guy in real life who looks more like Bill Hicks than Alex Jones does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Cnut the Great posted:

Agreed. Alex Jones is good and entertaining and the world is a more interesting place for him being in it. I can't imagine how sad a person you'd have to be to take his gonzo act seriously enough to actually, genuinely despise him.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

It's absolutely fair to hold Alex Jones accountable for what his fans do because he preys on mentally unbalanced people and encourages them to go crazier.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Ill tell you this he was born in the wrong age, dude would have made a hell of a hermit

But now millions of people can listen to him instead of just a few lucky lost travelers.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Lol

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Best Korea posted:

My grandpa saw him on Pierce Morgan and thinks he's hilarious. He may be under the impression it's an Andy Kaufman style act though.

I hope it is.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Municipal tap water

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I thought goons were too mature to mock religion at this point. Especially after r/atheism made it so uncool.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

I just wanna gently caress a Martian goddamnit.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I lol'ed at every image on this page except the Martian Queen Tyr'ahnee.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oh what the gently caress

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Baloogan posted:

okay there ain't really a recipe its just what i was taught

get a huge loving pot like, a 22 quart stockpot

open a bottle of wine
put a little vegtable oil in, enough to fry 4-5 (diced) onions, 4 bulbs of diced garlic, fry that up in the bottom of the pot, should be enough to easily cover the bottom
then stick in your meat, usually froozen ground moose or beef, brown that
then 4-5 cans of tomatoes or diced up tomatoes from the garden use a potato masher to gently caress the tomatos up good
then 5-6 cans of assorted beans, brown beans, black beans, kidney beans etc whatever in the cubert (with all the can juice)
2-3 canned or cooked corn
half/quart bottle of red wine (Whatever u don't drink up to this point)
then simmer for 2-4 hours (let it stick and burn on the bottom, for taste)
then add spices (chili powder, paprika, um, garlic / onion powder um a couple of orange things, red things, green things (cilantro?) )
stir
simmer for a bit more
~enjoy~

Sweet or dry wine? I'm guessing sweet since the alcohol evaporates anyway and a little bit of sweetness is good in chili.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

My parents always made super reduced chunky chili so whenever I have it from Wendy's or a cafeteria it's like soup to me.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

ScrubLeague posted:

also otherwise i don't really have any complaints.

here's what i do

simmer some veg oil and cook up some garlic and chopped red onion, then toss your meat in (2 parts "main" meat to one part sliced sausage or chorizo) - i like a fatty (93% or lower) ground turkey or beef stew meat and a johnsonville sausage with some jalapeno kick
once brown pull the meat out and toss in some canned diced tomatoes and a tabe of tomato paste, 2 cups of strong dark roast coffee and your beer, mix it all up until it looks like soda
then you dump the beans, i do 2 parts canned kidney beans to 1 part cannelini beans (rinse them out because they smell like rear end) and give it a mix
then you wanna do your spices - quarter of a serrano pepper or half a jalapeno (double it if you're using more than 1lb of your main meat)
dry spices go in this ratio
4x cumin 2x brown sugar 1x cocoa powder 1x red pepper 1x paprika (i usually use 2tb of cumin for 1lb main meat) and just a couple shakes of red wine vinegar

At this point you're basically done, just give it about half an hour on medium heat and then drop it down to simmer - partially covered - for at least 2 hours, but really what you're looking for is the desired consistency. Everything is cooked so it's really just about cooking off as much liquid as you wanna get rid of.

Chili is fuckin good.

:stonk:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

ScrubLeague posted:

suck my rear end in a top hat i lived in texas my whole life and that ground beef sludge they do around here is bad as hell

I'm from the south too and we used beans in our chili. That might have just been because we were poor though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

It's kind of amazing how many conspiracy theories Alex Jones is familiar with. The Ronald Reagan cold blood one is really obscure. It's from a 1999 biography that's hilariously inaccurate and full of people that don't even exist: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch:_A_Memoir_of_Ronald_Reagan

• Locked thread