Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Solvent posted:

Ugh. Sometimes I wonder if free speech isn't part of the reason that we have a mental health crisis in America.

Figures like Jones are more symptomatic of a system in which society is ruled by a class of people, which create a cultural expectation of success which is completely unattainable for the majority of society. Tens of millions are left in the lurch without any kind of support structure when they fail, and they're also denigrated for failure being a manifestation of personal character flaws. Pathologizing failure in this manner naturally leads them to reactively resist that assertion. The problem couldn't possibly be mine, it's a conspiracy of interests which act to keep me and my own a Loser. It also doesn't help that we live in the heart of a global empire, which regularly commits harmful conspiracies against people both domestically and abroad. The government carried out secret biological tests against blacks in the Tuskegee experiments.The CIA was involved in forming various front groups called the "Mighty Wurlitzer" during the 50s and 60s. Municipal governments conspire to cover up the deterioration of public infrastructure which is causing lead poisoning to seep into marginalized communities. COINTELPRO carried out smear campaigns and assassinations against radical leaders. The United States government also conspires with foreign governments to retain autocracies threatened by popular democratic movements, and downplays its military aid to those repressive and reactionary governments.

Yet the real conspiracies which were perpetuated historically and now, just aren't dramatic enough to appeal to the ego of a radically alienated individual. Reality is then downplayed in favor of wild ideas which misidentify the enemy, and assumes an extremely personal malice behind the imagined plot.

Getting rid of free speech would only make the mentally ill harder to exploit for profit. It would also reinforce the paranoia which lies behind their delusional coping response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Don't voluntary celibate shame.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The demiurge is an alien bioweapon trapped in a derelict spaceship, and powered by an extradimensional consciousness.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Solvent posted:

Yup. Bag of dicks. This is why it's pointless to babel about religion. In fact, it's probably why Jones sounds the way he does.

It's all word salad if there's no frame of reference.

From what little we think we know about the actually existing Gnostics, they were a deeply communal people who ritualized the commons in all things. So unless there's an active community of Gnostics that you're engaging with, you're not anymore "devout" than a Catholic who never attends mass. All you're doing is toying with metaphysical concepts, because there's no meaningful way to even practice your professed religion. It is pure self indulgence.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Gnosticism is cool cause it displays the whole universe as a conspiracy theory. Also Demiurges make way more sense than a good loving creator. Also depending on the flavor you subscribe to you might even get into some sex magick

Gnosticism is a reasonable reaction to the inescapable conclusion that God is evil, but we're also talking about a people who developed these ideas before knowledge of germ theory and Newtonian physics. The Gnostics were incapable of being able to resist the cosmic manifestation of forces which made their lives miserable, so it was only natural for them to wish an escape from physicality altogether. Rejecting physical reality in favor of an idealized metaphysical state isn't a sensible way to deal with the immediate concern of "real world" suffering. It's ridiculous that modern people would reach the same conclusions after centuries of advancement in science and social studies.

It's cool and neat to learn about for sure, but I draw the line at taking any of it seriously. It's self indulgent fatalism. I don't see why I should respect a 21st Century Gnostic any more than someone who goes stupid from reading too much Schuon. It's esotericism employed to cover up boring ideas.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

McDowell posted:

The Kingdom of God isn't evil - this particular planet is. And it isn't really 'good' and 'evil' - one way to look at it is 'truth' and 'error' - and this existence is a 'debug environment'. It is better that we work out our sins here than doing some real damage to the fabric of creation. When Representatives are here it is kind of like Agent Smith - the smell can get really bad.

Another illustration is the idea of how humans 'culture' bacteria to resist antibiotics we expose them to. If sin is death, we are being 'selected' for the expression of certain memes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAOTxAGJUug

'The Springfield Files' Airdate January 1997

D'oh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmmQxXPOMMY

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Robotnik Nudes posted:

You got beef with Buddhists too?

Just the ones that take it seriously.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Imagine a world where we'll never be free from Peter Thiel. That's transhumanism.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

McDowell posted:

It is very big universe that we only perceive a fraction of. We are not alone.

We are on Earth though.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

McDowell posted:

That is true of this material existence, and I have no interest in resisting entropy- that is Lucifer's program. Beings from the Evolutionary Level Above Human are 'imperishable' as they exist beyond reality as we can know it. We are 'out of phase' with the Kingdom of Heaven so they can be undetectable or barely perceptable in the movement of neutrinos, dark matter,and dark energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dKpeTEBYIA

Even assuming all of this is true, what difference does it make? The corporeal cannot become incorporeal. Your self can never ascend to heaven, or even if your parts did there's no guarantee that your self would not be completely subsumed by the reality of a higher plane. If escape from material existence and eternal suffering is the ultimate goal, you could just as well achieve such a thing through species suicide. That's what a lot of the gnostics (apparently) actually did, they refused to procreate because they thought bringing new life into the world was a sin. That's what a lot of the Cathars (apparently) did too.

Enjoy reality as much as you can while it lasts, because once you're dead you'll be gone. You're not going to heaven, and you're not going to be reborn. Everything that makes you yourself will simply fade out of existence and be recycled through perpetuity.

Reality exists in spite of us.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 18:23 on Sep 12, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

"Getting off the planet" isn't exactly the same thing as escaping material existence. Getting off the planet is the only way the human race can survive the sun dying, or the anthropocene.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I googled Ti & Do and the first result was a page on heavensgate.com

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I think so, yes.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Solvent posted:

You want to see reality as just this life and entropy blah blah, go ahead, it's your prerogative. Seems pretty bland to me, but I'm not telling you what to believe.

Good, because the infinite possibility of the universe loving rules - and it owns that we're even capable of perceiving as much of it as we can, while continuing to expand our knowledge of it.

The way people idealize "higher" planes of reality makes me think of the Moon people from the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter. The Moon people were divinely perfect, absolutely beautiful, and come from a world free of want. In some versions of the story, Kaguya Hime is sent to Earth so she can experience material attachment as a punishment. The Moon people have no consideration at all for the pathetic humans that inhabit Earth, and in spite of how much Kaguya regrets leaving everybody she loves - as soon as they drape her with Moon Feathers all of her compassion for Earthlings dies.

Be careful what you wish for, is what I'm saying.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

I found out the Heavens Gate cult was a big fan of the X-Files from that rabbit hole, so good job staying authentic with that McDowell. Sadly you may just be following a MK Ultra psyop tho.

How weird must it be to follow a cult that's already "ascended" and you'll never get an opportunity to ride Hale-Bopp.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Weird that we've only been visited by Ti & Do. What about Re, Mi, Fa, So, and La?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I simply cannot abide this much UFO anti-materialism without the promise of SLACK

lotta fuckin Pink Boys itt

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

#fluorideman sends his kids to public schools

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

tfw you drink so much flouride you turn into a zombie husk of a human serving only the whims of globalists and their interdimensional masters

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/BobbyBigWheel/status/783379309935398912

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

Alex Jones's shift from a crank, who did seem to have a genuine concern about the state's use of force, to a cheerleader for Putin, a leader who uses disinformation and assassination to maintain power, is great.

Waco was bad, but the wars in Chechnya were very good.

https://vine.co/v/56U7uH69AgT

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Alex Jones just loving embarrassed himself waiting on tenterhooks for Assange to hadouken Hillary only to have that Aussie rapist declare that he had loving nothing

https://twitter.com/cafedotcom/status/783403829433806848

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 21:49 on Oct 4, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Kingfish posted:

He specifically says that he hasn't been trolled.

He says they have been trolled. What he specifically says is that they're not losers.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/783400998572351488

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Crossposting
https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/820106167179476992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

That tweet from Jerome Corsi is like something I'd hear read on F+

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.infowarsstore.com/tennessee-arms-80-hybrid-receiver.html

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the original pepes

Tastes bad man

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Cardboard Box A posted:

Alex Jones: A Bigger Piece of poo poo Than You Might Think

http://mediamatters.org/video/2017/...ake-your/215330

ALEX JONES (HOST): Get into some of the people freaking out and flipping out at the Grammys. Here it is.

JENNIFER LOPEZ (VIDEO): This is precisely the time when artists go to work. There is no time for despair.

JONES: Stop, stop, stop. Back it up, back it up. Who is this? Who is this tart? I forget who she is. J-Lo. So again, giant corporate people making hundreds of millions of dollars, up there with their perfect manicured everything. All the leftists from these big foundations, where 1 or 2 percent of the money goes to the Africans.

And they hoard the money for themselves, like you know, the Clintons and Oprah, and all the rest of it. And she’s up there, “Oh and we just gotta do something, it’s we’re so oppressed, it’s all so horrible, what will“-- Yes, let’s critique this -- “it’s so terrible, what are we, it’s so [unintelligible] and Trump wants to build factories for poor people.”

He doesn’t want to bring people in from Somalia where women are sold on slave box. Why don’t you go to Somalia for five minutes, lady, you’ll be gang raped so fast it’ll make your head spin.

It's almost as if people go insane trying to figure out what the problem is, when they're not allowed to consider class or capitalism.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Stale Saltines posted:

Yeah I listened to the entire Alex Jones interview on the Joe Rogan podcast and this was my exact takeaway from it. It's like they're trying to put a puzzle together but some of the pieces are missing so they cram in anything that looks like it might fit.

They're not the only ones too. Infowars is up to 7.3 million monthly uniques in the US. People know the system is rigged against them and they know the media lies to them and when they go looking for answers this is what they find. It's so frustrating too because it feels like these people could be reached with an anti-capitalist message but I have no idea how. I made the mistake of talking to this Infowars guy I know about some very basic anti-capitalist stuff without using any of the scare words and all it got me was a 10 minute lecture on George Soros.

Did you at least try pointing out that George Soros is a capitalist, and manipulating the media is a hobby for almost every billionaire?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Stale Saltines posted:

Yeah when he brought up Soros I started in with that but he just took it as me saying "yes I too think he is the Arch Bad Guy who pulls all the strings, please tell me more" and he just kinda brain dumped me with every bad thing he could think of that Soros had ever done. I think maybe that's what makes it so frustrating. It's very difficult to get an anti-establishment message across to people who already see themselves as anti-establishment, because if you aren't already on the same page as them they'll just write you off as another part of the establishments. That's why their enemies are this big conglomerate group of globalists, communists, corporations, radical Islam, shadow governments, etc.

They're ideologically committed to capitalism because of American cultural indoctrination, so there's very little chance of getting through to them. Figures like Jones are particularly committed because they're entrepreneurs themselves, so they're committed to that class interest even if they don't believe in (economic) class stratification. They're convinced that the problem is that the system has just been taken over by bad actors, and if we could just get rid of those evil people who want to dominate us for nefarious purposes then a billion yellow flowers would bloom under the light of true capitalist freedom. They obsess over insanely dramatic conspiracy theories while their leader makes nice with Peter Thiel, a billionaire who wanted to literally drain the blood of the youth to extend his life. You couldn't ask for a more ready group of useful idiots.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sir Tonk posted:

cool now infowars is defending shkreli

And for snitching too.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

More torso than man.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

youtube was recommending me alex jones live here and lol at those supplements have a photoshopped version of him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QxilSnFDhY

They're actually playing the Federation Network theme from Starship Troopers over Anthony Cumia :psypop:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

makin' love to the goblin

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

How great would it be if Obama IS gay though?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

would eat

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Chili on Corn chips is the only way

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Americans DO NOT put corn on our pizzas, what the gently caress!?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mike12345 posted:

Yeah when I was in denmark, they told me the most popular pizza is 'kebab pizza'. I was like wtf and refused to believe.

It's a perfect pizza topping when you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

• Locked thread